Why are my nails always this purple?

TheSir

20210602_203135.jpg

I've been tracking them for a while now and they're never healthy pink. Lunulas are always small too. I've heard mostly lousy things about these biomarkers, causes range from poor oxygenation to lack of 'fire' to anemia. Anyone know what's up? My temps and pulse are fine.

rei

Maybe this?

Lack of or small lunula is in fact healthy in most people, unlike what many health blogs claim. Only if you have reason to believe impaired nail growth can it indicate problems.

Nicole W.

View attachment 23968

I've been tracking them for a while now and they're never healthy pink. Lunulas are always small too. I've heard mostly lousy things about these biomarkers, causes range from poor oxygenation to lack of 'fire' to anemia. Anyone know what's up? My temps and pulse are fine.
I had this too, my lunelas are fine but toward the base of the nail it was always bluish like yours. I started to take some low dose b vitamins (Energin) and the condition cleared. Now my nails are an even light pink color. Not sure which b vitamin helped but it’s gone now.
I also noted that my nails are thicker and stronger due to the b vitamins. Could it be that your nails are too thin so the circulation underneath is more apparent?

Motif

I had this too for a short time, but now it’s gone.
But I took absolutely every supplement for nutrients so it can’t say which one helped for this

OP
TheSir

TheSir

I had this too, my lunelas are fine but toward the base of the nail it was always bluish like yours. I started to take some low dose b vitamins (Energin) and the condition cleared. Now my nails are an even light pink color. Not sure which b vitamin helped but it’s gone now.
I also noted that my nails are thicker and stronger due to the b vitamins. Could it be that your nails are too thin so the circulation underneath is more apparent?
I had this too for a short time, but now it’s gone.
But I took absolutely every supplement for nutrients so it can’t say which one helped for this
That's interesting. Do you think B vitamins may have done the trick for you too Motif? I took a B-50 complex and I think it did improve the color a bit. If only I could improve my lunulae too.

Nicole W.

That's interesting. Do you think B vitamins may have done the trick for you too Motif? I took a B-50 complex and I think it did improve the color a bit. If only I could improve my lunulae too.
The lunelas can improve just by pushing back your cuticles after you get out of the shower. I use my thumb but you can use an orange stick or a cuticle pusher you can find at the drug store. You can “ train” them in this way. Look at any woman who gets regular manicures, they all have exposed lunelas because the manicurist either pushes them back or cuts them if the cuticle has been overgrown.
As far as b vitamins go, Energin only has a few so you could narrow it down pretty easily. My money is on Biotin. I’m thinking now it’s more about thickening the nail bed which makes the nail less blue looking and more pink looking.

OP
TheSir

TheSir

The lunelas can improve just by pushing back your cuticles after you get out of the shower. I use my thumb but you can use an orange stick or a cuticle pusher you can find at the drug store. You can “ train” them in this way. Look at any woman who gets regular manicures, they all have exposed lunelas because the manicurist either pushes them back or cuts them if the cuticle has been overgrown.
As far as b vitamins go, Energin only has a few so you could narrow it down pretty easily. My money is on Biotin. I’m thinking now it’s more about thickening the nail bed which makes the nail less blue looking and more pink looking.
Ah, well I'm interested in the lunulas more as a biomarker rather than as a cosmetic thing. Their minimal presence seems like it signifies some larger systemic problem.

Motif

I absolutely can’t tell.
but I think my absolute main issue is zinc and copper

OP
TheSir

TheSir

What's weird is that my toenails have pink color! It's only the fingers that have purple color. Isn't this unexpected, with the toes being the furthest extremities?

20210605_001031.jpg

Nicole W.

Ah, well I'm interested in the lunulas more as a biomarker rather than as a cosmetic thing. Their minimal presence seems like it signifies some larger systemic problem.
Ok, I understand what you are saying. But my cuticles grow like crazy, if I never did anything about them you wouldn’t see my lunelas very well. My cuticles grow straight down my nail, do you think this is also the case with you?

rei

Well that seems to be more about the color of the lunulas than the rest of the nail. My lunulas themselves have a healthy whiteness to them.

What's the reasoning behind it?
As i healed fascial tension by posture repair the lunulas reduced in the order that i managed to heal tension to my limbs. Now i have nonexistent lunulas on most of my fingers, mainly excludding thumbs, and i have never been in better health, not even 15 years ago during puberty.

Stop listening to speculative sources, i can with conviction say lunulas are caused by fascial tension coming from your arms. This is hinted at whn you look at official sources that say "don't be alarmed if your child's lunulas are not visible, they are inside the skin" So they are for every person that does not have excessive fascial ttension trying to deglove your finger.

Motif

As i healed fascial tension by posture repair the lunulas reduced in the order that i managed to heal tension to my limbs. Now i have nonexistent lunulas on most of my fingers, mainly excludding thumbs, and i have never been in better health, not even 15 years ago during puberty.

Stop listening to speculative sources, i can with conviction say lunulas are caused by fascial tension coming from your arms. This is hinted at whn you look at official sources that say "don't be alarmed if your child's lunulas are not visible, they are inside the skin" So they are for every person that does not have excessive fascial ttension trying to deglove your finger.
Whatelse was connected to fascia tension and how did you get rid of it? How long did it take?

rei

Whatelse was connected to fascia tension and how did you get rid of it? How long did it take?
Uneven beard growth, slow transit time/digestion issues, tinnitus, athlete's foot, cracked heels, mild hemorrhoids/blood after passing large stool, jock's itch, varicocele. And something related to the 2 last ones that i don't want to get into in this context because it would be just too unbelievable without deeper context.

I got convinced that S-spine is modern insanity and started doing postural exercises/chiropractic joga to arrive at J-spine as described by esther gokhale and ancient jogic texts. You can see my post history for more details on these. It has taken 2½ years and seems to be taking still weeks to months before there is nothing to work on. The only health issue remaining really is to get rid of excess fat without changing something else, but in reality it might need some physical excertion.

OP
TheSir

TheSir

Interesting perspective.

i don't want to get into in this context because it would be just too unbelievable without deeper context.
Please do!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals