Why are most studies on fertility concluding SFA is negatively correlated with fertility and Omega3 positively correlated?

DonLore

I know SFA increases T and DHT and should improve semen quality, but I cant find studies supporting this. But many studies do say that improving O3/O6 ratio is helpful so Omega6 is bad for fertility. Still, why most studies claim O3 improves it and SFA decreases fertility?

boris

Could you link one of those studies showing SFA decreases fertility?

OP
D

DonLore

Now I know PUFA is super bad for fertility. But how to prove this when most studies seem to claim otherwise

Hugh Johnson

Now I know PUFA is super bad for fertility. But how to prove this when most studies seem to claim otherwise
First link has nothing. Second has this:
"To study whether specific food groups and fatty acids (FA) intake were associated with sperm parameters of men from couples referring to an Italian Fertility Clinic, we conducted a cross-sectional analysis."

Meaning it's not general population. It is selecting for people with fertility issues, thus it is meaningless.

OP
D

DonLore

Yeah the studies on the matter dont seem too convincing. Some rat studies which only examine the FA composition of the sperm etc. It is hard to quickly prove PUFA is bad for fertility to someone who dont have a lot of researching done already, but maybe thats on purpose

Hans

Forum Supporter
I know SFA increases T and DHT and should improve semen quality, but I cant find studies supporting this. But many studies do say that improving O3/O6 ratio is helpful so Omega6 is bad for fertility. Still, why most studies claim O3 improves it and SFA decreases fertility?
Animal studies aren't very good, since they are by default on a high omega 6 diet. So adding omega 3 will lower oxidative stress and inflammation and can improve fertility. But omega 3 is also highly reactive, and too much can also contribute to oxidative stress in the testes.
If the animals are fed cocoa butter or coconut oil, they will have high T and high fertility. PUFA depleting animals double their T and improve their fertility because there is no oxidative stress in the testes.

Ignoramus

SFA certainly makes me feel virile. Salmon makes me really horny too though; I get wet dreams when I have salmon for some reason.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals