Why are large numbers birds suddenly dropping dead ?

Nick

What you linked is an opinion article, and not scientific research. Even authors use quotations with the word "hole" since there is no such thing as a literal ozone hole. There can be no permanent "depletion" of it either because it's an ongoing chemical reaction and not a "resource" that can run out.
If this is "absolutely something to worry about" then don't let me stop you :):. I feel like I am intruding.
I guess I'm failing to understand what point you are making about any of this. They use the word hole because what else do you call it? A thin or non-existant area in the otherwise contiguous layer? Elsewhere they say hole without quotes. Who cares? If you don't call it a hole does that mean more cosmic rays aren't let in temporarily by the ozone "thin area"?

Ozone is a molecule, not a chemical reaction. You claim that the layer of ozone in the atmosphere cannot possibly be reduced on any long term basis, but then why did anyone ever bother with the Montreal treaty?

Sure, I guess you could say that theoretically even, say, 100,000 rocket launches per day wouldn't "permanently" deplete it, since it might theoretically re form if the launches ever stopped. Actually we have no idea what would happen after radically reshaping the layers of atmosphere other than computer models and theories.

And, while (like all papers) it could be erroneous, a paper that synthesizes the findings of other papers is scientific research, and such papers are frequently cited as evidence by other papers in the scientific literature.

Nfinkelstein

I guess I'm failing to understand what point you are making about any of this.
You're not the only one. IMO you are explaining your position quite well, controversial as it may be. I encourage you to persist.

TeslaFan

I guess I'm failing to understand what point you are making about any of this.

I thought it was clear, but allow me to rephrase: My main point is that the extremely minimal amount of interim disruption to ozone, from rocket launches, is not something to worry about in terms of health.

The paper you referenced even says that the disruption to ozone is extremely small from rocket launches, and they speculate that it could become a problem in the future if number and frequency increases.

"Currently, global rocket launches deplete the ozone layer ∼0.03%, an insignificant fraction of the depletion caused by other ozone depletion substances (ODSs). As the space industry grows and ODSs fade from the stratosphere, ozone depletion from rockets could become significant."

There is actually no problem in the present. So, again, this is not something to worry about in terms of one's health. And, that is my main point.
I hope that helps clarify.

TeslaFan

Ozone is a molecule, not a chemical reaction.

Sure, but it's a volatile molecule that is present as a result of a chemical reaction.

If you buy a UV lamp and run it, it will generate ozone around it. You can smell it, and it's irritating to the lungs. When you turn off the lamp ozone will start to dissipate. This is because ozone is not a stable molecule and requires an ongoing chemical reaction to be present.

tokimaturi

How do they know the animals are infected? PCR tests?
Good question. With chicken farms they send samples to a lab which I assume they did with the foxes as well. Couldn't find information on how they test animal samples though.

Peatress

Good question. With chicken farms they send samples to a lab which I assume they did with the foxes as well. Couldn't find information on how they test animal samples though.
I think they are using PCR tests. The short video is Dr Yeadon explaining the flaw in PCR test

From the article: Based on RT-PCR, all birds were systemically infected with HPAI H5N8 virus, as viral RNA was detected in cloacal and pharyngeal swabs and in all 10 selected tissues of the birds, with mean Ct values per tissue ranging from 22 for heart to 32 for jejunum.

View: https://www.bitchute.com/video/1H2dcrWYU9i0/

Nick

I thought it was clear, but allow me to rephrase: My main point is that the extremely minimal amount of interim disruption to ozone, from rocket launches, is not something to worry about in terms of health.

The paper you referenced even says that the disruption to ozone is extremely small from rocket launches, and they speculate that it could become a problem in the future if number and frequency increases.

"Currently, global rocket launches deplete the ozone layer ∼0.03%, an insignificant fraction of the depletion caused by other ozone depletion substances (ODSs). As the space industry grows and ODSs fade from the stratosphere, ozone depletion from rockets could become significant."

There is actually no problem in the present. So, again, this is not something to worry about in terms of one's health. And, that is my main point.
I hope that helps clarify.
The paper was written in 2009 to consider a future where the space industry grows, and since then the space industry has grown exponentially. There are more frequent launches of bigger rockets. It is different from some other mechanism of ozone depletion because of the potential for a temporary area of near total ozone loss in the wake of the rocket plume.

I am not particularly concerned about this topic for my own health, I mentioned it as yet another aspect of the technological burden on the health of wildlife such as birds, although probably unrelated to many specific instances of bird die-off.

Sevaan

They're probably not very happy with the new trees.

Go figure.

treess.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals