Why are drug addicts especially crack users so lean and vascular?

Dr.Fugazzi

I was thinking of it and my theory is that people who push drug usage to the point that it ruins their lives are at baseline the healthiest, most dopaminergic/androgenic people in population. People with the most upregulated dopaminergic system and very high testosterone will have the hardest time to say NO because of their impulsivity and of how powerfuly those drugs affect them.

ww3not4me

I am not so sure on that. Happy people do not usually look to escape reality or run away from the pain of life.

ww3not4me

Have you ever seen anyone on cocaine? They move a lot. There temp climbs a lot. They are liberating a lot of energy! They are not sitting in the corner of the room gaming, listening to groovy music and eating a pan of brownies. That is a totally different group! A lot of drugs not only liberate a lot of energy but they deplete neurotransmitter because they release a lot of dopamine and serotonin. They also burn through all of your B vitamins if I remember correctly and interfere with your absorption of B vitamins and also create a huge oxidative load on the body! On top of that few drug user are one drug users. Sure they have a preference but again they have other things going on.

It is just like most people that smoke pot also smoke cigarettes'. If they do not smoke it then they will usually vape some form of nicotine. If someone consumes alcohol they seldom only drink one form of alcohol.

A lot of raging alcoholics also appear really lean. If they drink most of there daily calories they are lean if they high functioning and still eating 3 meals a day they get a pot belly normally.

It is a hard study to find online but I once read about a WWII study with those that objected to fighting in war but were happy to serve. I do not recall if it is a UK study or USA study. They gave normal healthy men their normal for the period and location total caloric intake with no restriction on intake. They were only allowed to eat/drink beer. All men did normal for the time manual labor each day nothing out of line with normal laborer job of the time not death camp style. In no time the "volunteers" started to lose body fat fast. The researchers assumed it was due to the lack of fat in the diet kind of like "Rabbit Fever" see "Protein Poisoning" it is well documented among outdoors men and has been studied by medicine! My point is that nothing happens in a vacuum and things one would normally attribute to fat gain can in singularity cause the opposite effect! Nothing in nutrition is ever cut and dry because it is diffacult to get a large group of people into a controled environment to eat a pre-determined mono-diet!

As one my my friends in the hi-end trump world likes to say "Everything effects everything!" That is why not everyone responds identically to everything when talking about food and supplements and drugs! When food is used as a drug it can have profound unexpected drug like effects. Cheer's!

P.S. That study I talked about was on the internet in the early 1990's. It was hard to find then. It was scans of the original typed report. Sadly many computers, hard drives and moves later I have lost that study and I doubt the link would still be good. To give you some idea of the time frame dial up modem was still the only game in town and I was running pre Windows 95!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals