Why Are Bodybuilders Bald?

Pufa

olympia-top-guys-1109x614-logo.jpg

lampofred

I think it's because growth/anabolism requires prolactin, phosphate, estrogen, whereas progesterone is more catabolic and is not conducive to tissue building. So the hormonal environment needed to build muscle to that degree is the opposite of what is needed for good health/hair in an adult.

Kunstruct

I think if you follow bodybuilding you already know all the dudes by name, not everyone knows them by name and in reality those are not all bald people.

There are so many that aren't bald, some choose to shave heads.
Actually I know a couple of people who got nothing to with bodybuilding and shave their heads, yet they have full hair.

The names of the guys in the picture:

1. Mamdouh Elssbiay bald since early 20s.
2. Phil Heath not actually bald at all, just shaves
3. Dexter Jackson is 50 right now, he is bald for a long time
4. Shawn Rhoden not bald at all actually, just shaves
5. William Bonac not bald, yet his hairline is rather thin and clearly receding at the temples

Could have easily posted photos with many bodybuilders that are not bald at all with no hair issues at all.
Again, even in that picture with supposed "bald" men in actually the minority is bald (just 2 guys our of 5)

Lionel Beyeke
Arash Rahbar
Brandon Curry
Breon Ansley
Roelly Winklaar
Sadik Hadzovic
Flex Lewis
Jamal Elgargni
Nathan De Asha

Last edited:

opethfeldt

Steroid is pretty much what many people on this forums do anyway.
Progesterone, Pregnenolone, Adrosterone, etc.
Synthetic AAS and bioidentical hormones are quite different from one another in practice, even if they're both considered "steroids".

milkboi

Synthetic AAS and bioidentical hormones are quite different from one another in practice, even if they're both considered "steroids".

Yup, plus doses are waay different. Also most of us on this board are very mindful of preventing excessive aromatization.

Kunstruct

Yup, plus doses are waay different. Also most of us on this board are very mindful of preventing excessive aromatization.

Many people on the forum have bottom of the barrel Testosterone and constantly fight against Estradiol and Prolactine and are shedding or completely bald.
Anyone on massive amount of exogenous Test will immediately be scared of serious aromatization, it is not people on this forum, like any serious bodybuilder is very mindful of that.
Synthetic stuff like Proviron, Exemestane, etc is used on the forums too.

Last edited:

Tom K

As many on this forum understand, there exists a genetic susceptibility to DHT, the androgen converted from testosterone, that causes hair loss. Body builders use enormous amounts of testosterone, which ramps up the activity of this conversion of Testosterone to DHT. The Supra -physiological levels of T are the cause of accelerated baldness.

Murtaza

As many on this forum understand, there exists a genetic susceptibility to DHT, the androgen converted from testosterone, that causes hair loss. Body builders use enormous amounts of testosterone, which ramps up the activity of this conversion of Testosterone to DHT. The Supra -physiological levels of T are the cause of accelerated baldness.
Do ya even peat bruh?

Kartoffel

Excess protein ---> Dysbiosis, excess serotonin, hypoglycemia, depressed thyroid function, etc...
They also avoid sugar and emphasize starches and undercooked vegetables.

Tom K

Why are eunuchs not bald? Ever read the twins studies where one twin was castrated by trauma? The castrated twin does not go bald. Put the castrated twin on testosterone replacement therapy and he matches the hair loss pattern of the non-castrated twin.

Nigluva

Not all are, you notice guys from pre dorian yates days had full heads of hair. I think the drug cocktails can mess you up.

Theres this super bald dude at the gym, surprised he is alive, 50 yrs old, been popping anadrol and taking tren nearly year round, at least when he can get hands on it, no set cycle for decades. Probably be dead soon tbh. He is always getting sick and infections

Last edited:

Nigluva

Many people on the forum have bottom of the barrel Testosterone and constantly fight against Estradiol and Prolactine and are shedding or completely bald.
Anyone on massive amount of exogenous Test will immediately be scared of serious aromatization, it is not people on this forum, like any serious bodybuilder is very mindful of that.
Synthetic stuff like Proviron, Exemestane, etc is used on the forums too.

Exemestane causes massive shedding in reg doses

CLASH

@Kartoffel
Purely out of curiosity, what do you consider to constitute excess protein?

----------------------------------------------------

There definetly is a genetic component to hairloss.
For example, a 20 year old white male, lean, muscular, eats well, has no discernable diseases starts to lose his hair with no other symptoms whatsoever. Meanwhile, a 60 year old hispanic man with overt diabetes, previous history of cancer, a kidney transplant, multiple stents, eats terribly, doesnt sleep well and has been on pharma drugs for years, has a full head of hair. I have seen this scenerio and countless others similar to it many times.

This doesnt mean that genes are the final determining factor or the direct cause, just that they do play a role, atleast in the manifestations of disease and/ or responses to hormonal mileu.

Many people like to look at Danny Roddy as an example of someone growing thier hair back but as far as I can see Danny didnt lose his hair becuase of a genetic predisposition to androgen sensitivity. I mean, with all due respect, Danny doesnt even seem to have much in the way of androgenic qualities, especially the qualities that are characteristic of many balding men. Danny most likely lost his hair becuase of his extreme dietary habits directly leading to a thyroid issue.

With this in mind though, the principles that peat lays out still apply wether someone is losing thier hair or not and Danny's work overall is very valuable. Also, most hairloss drugs, as Danny has pointed out many times, are not worth it, and there are a variety of other things that can help to atleast stop/ slow down the hairloess i.e. progesterone, aspirin, thyroid, adequate carbs from safe sources, adequate protein, PUFA avoidance/ SAFA consumption etc. With this said, in my experience, the only way to really grow back lost hair is through some type of wounding procedure like needling (however this should probably only be attempted once everything else is under control).

Sunny Jack

Hair is the antenna for intuition, and they clearly have none. To me they resemble insects. Even the apes would reject them.

lampofred

@Kartoffel
Purely out of curiosity, what do you consider to constitute excess protein?

----------------------------------------------------

There definetly is a genetic component to hairloss.
For example, a 20 year old white male, lean, muscular, eats well, has no discernable diseases starts to lose his hair with no other symptoms whatsoever. Meanwhile, a 60 year old hispanic man with overt diabetes, previous history of cancer, a kidney transplant, multiple stents, eats terribly, doesnt sleep well and has been on pharma drugs for years, has a full head of hair. I have seen this scenerio and countless others similar to it many times.

This doesnt mean that genes are the final determining factor or the direct cause, just that they do play a role, atleast in the manifestations of disease and/ or responses to hormonal mileu.

Many people like to look at Danny Roddy as an example of someone growing thier hair back but as far as I can see Danny didnt lose his hair becuase of a genetic predisposition to androgen sensitivity. I mean, with all due respect, Danny doesnt even seem to have much in the way of androgenic qualities, especially the qualities that are characteristic of many balding men. Danny most likely lost his hair becuase of his extreme dietary habits directly leading to a thyroid issue.

With this in mind though, the principles that peat lays out still apply wether someone is losing thier hair or not and Danny's work overall is very valuable. Also, most hairloss drugs, as Danny has pointed out many times, are not worth it, and there are a variety of other things that can help to atleast stop/ slow down the hairloess i.e. progesterone, aspirin, thyroid, adequate carbs from safe sources, adequate protein, PUFA avoidance/ SAFA consumption etc. With this said, in my experience, the only way to really grow back lost hair is through some type of wounding procedure like needling (however this should probably only be attempted once everything else is under control).

I think chronic muscle contraction is the primary cause of hair loss. I have noticed that regardless of discrepancies in other health issues, people with full heads of hair seem to universally have less internal tension/insecurity and more calmness than people who are losing hair. As I cured my hair loss with fructose, caffeine, aspirin, PUFA/iron depletion, etc., my personality also changed to reflect this.

OP
P

Pufa

I think chronic muscle contraction is the primary cause of hair loss. I have noticed that regardless of discrepancies in other health issues, people with full heads of hair seem to universally have less internal tension/insecurity and more calmness than people who are losing hair. As I cured my hair loss with fructose, caffeine, aspirin, PUFA/iron depletion, etc., my personality also changed to reflect this.

Was the caffiene topical?

Kunstruct

Why are eunuchs not bald? Ever read the twins studies where one twin was castrated by trauma? The castrated twin does not go bald. Put the castrated twin on testosterone replacement therapy and he matches the hair loss pattern of the non-castrated twin.

There are many women bald.
Actually it is also pretty hard to see bald women because they won't go out on the street bald and shaved like men, they will immediately use wigs, I actually know a couple of people like that. Two completely bald women that use wigs, one of which used to be a neighbor.

Totally unrelated to the case above I know another woman who's done labs test for Androgens, all bottom to the barrel for Women standards, yet hair is going away. She is stressed as her grandma was completely bald.

And again, how many men don't have bottom of the barrel Androgens in lab tests and are balding at a fast pace.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals