Who's My Doctor: The Total Transparency Manifesto

gretchen

Doctors attempt to rebrand themselves as honest and trustworthy:
http://whosmydoctor.com/index.html#.VN0I5vu9LCQ

We are doctors, nurses, and healthcare providers who believe in total transparency with our patients.

When patients come to us, they are in a time of need. They are scared; they are vulnerable; they are in pain. Patients need to trust that doctors have their best interests at heart. They need to know who their doctor is.

All of us Transparent Doctors hold ourselves to be publicly accountable to our patients. With the disclosure and our Total Transparency Manifesto, we are saying that we don’t have anything to hide from you. We know patients are vulnerable; we will be vulnerable with you. This is a partnership. We are in this together.

Thank you for joining us on this journey to rebuild and transform our healthcare system to one that upholds professionalism, prioritizes patient values, and respects human dignity.

pboy

I was thinking about it earlier...like even a PhD in a medical thing, besides maybe surgery or physical therapy, is actually like...because its all about symptoms and prescribing medicine, its like one of the easiest degrees to get for dumb people. It requires almost no analytical thought at all or creativity or novelness or ability to write well or know about history or anything, little to no math, absolutely no complex math or thought like a programming or engineer, no artistry...its like, besides a business major, I don't know what else would be easier for dumb people. And yet they have this high esteem like they accomplished something big by getting through the long years of schooling. Its like congrats man, you spent a few more years learning memorization and regurgitating. And of all the people I knew growing up or have talked to that went into the medical field, they all said quite bluntly it was for the money

as long as pharma businesses rule that whole thing, I wouldn't expect anything different than what it is now

johns74

pboy said:
And yet they have this high esteem like they accomplished something big by getting through the long years of schooling.

It's easily explained by supply and demand. When the supply of a product or service decreases, its price (or perceived value) increases.

Licensing laws restrict the supply of medical services, which makes its price or perceived value increase.

The limitations on supply also extend to the variety of services offered. You offer a T3/T4 prescription? They'll try to take your license away. As the educational system is stifled in similar ways, people don't have the capacity to try to judge for themselves, so they must rely highly on other people, and those who offer such services are like a fierce monopoly that limits suppliers and wipes out competition by the use of force.

burtlancast

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals