Whole oranges

equipoise

Try it out. I eat couple of day plus juice them. But they feel so good when eaten if ripe, sweet citrus explosion. Way more filling aswell and I find they keep the blood sugar stable for longer

Nomane Euger

Try it out. I eat couple of day plus juice them. But they feel so good when eaten if ripe, sweet citrus explosion. Way more filling aswell and I find they keep the blood sugar stable for longer
perfectly ripe blood oranges make you feel like you are 8 years old again

I imagine they are keep blood sugar stable and full longer because of the pectin in the peel. Do you blend it up with peel seeds and all? Ray peat says to strain the pulp, which I feel really does keep the bloat down. Do you strain?

OP
E

equipoise

I imagine they are keep blood sugar stable and full longer because of the pectin in the peel. Do you blend it up with peel seeds and all? Ray peat says to strain the pulp, which I feel really does keep the bloat down. Do you strain?
I peel them off and then eat them.

JacobG

Whole oranges are way better than juice. What matters is the more intact structure which slows down absorption and results in normal intestine stimulation. The worst is probably juice with pulp as you get abnormal absorption plus additional fermentation from the pulp.

In general there is a bit of a misunderstanding between fiber and structure. When eating some carbs we want some structure but not too much fiber. There was an experiment where the same amount from whole apples or apple juice was consumed. Glucose and hormone secretion were totally different.

OP
E

equipoise

Whole oranges are way better than juice. What matters is the more intact structure which slows down absorption and results in normal intestine stimulation. The worst is probably juice with pulp as you get abnormal absorption plus additional fermentation from the pulp.

In general there is a bit of a misunderstanding between fiber and structure. When eating some carbs we want some structure but not too much fiber. There was an experiment where the same amount from whole apples or apple juice was consumed. Glucose and hormone secretion were totally different.
I'm inclined to agree with you based on personal experiment. What works best for me is a litre of orange juice and 4-5 eaten oranges. You can't beat fresh squeezed orange juice for thirst. Throw in a pinch of salt in there and all the thirst is gone

The fiber can structure is a good explanation JacobG. I do feel really good eating a whole mandarin cut up with a little sugar on it, better than the juice strained, like I don’t need anything to go with it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals