Whole Milk Is Improving My Sense Of Well Being Significantly

jpgio

I have started to incorporate milk into my diet (grass fed, whole milk) for the first time in years and it seems to be significantly improving my sense of well being I have felt more resilient to stress and less depressed and slightly more energy throughout the day (the steady healthy kind, not the wired stress hormone kind we all know about)

I avoided drinking milk for a while because of the supposed high estrogen content for years but I am feeling so good I don’t think I will drop it again. I can tell it may have a slight fattening effect but it seems to have some sort of anabolic effect as well because my muscles seem more full and solid. I assume the fattening effect is from the the high fat in whole milk but I’ve had skim and reduced fat mills and they seem to give me a manic, wired, racy feeling that’s the only way I can describe it. Could The effects I’m getting just be from the calcium? And has anyone else seen significant improvements in general health and well being just from adding milk!?

Gone Peating

I have started to incorporate milk into my diet (grass fed, whole milk) for the first time in years and it seems to be significantly improving my sense of well being I have felt more resilient to stress and less depressed and slightly more energy throughout the day (the steady healthy kind, not the wired stress hormone kind we all know about)

I avoided drinking milk for a while because of the supposed high estrogen content for years but I am feeling so good I don’t think I will drop it again. I can tell it may have a slight fattening effect but it seems to have some sort of anabolic effect as well because my muscles seem more full and solid. I assume the fattening effect is from the the high fat in whole milk but I’ve had skim and reduced fat mills and they seem to give me a manic, wired, racy feeling that’s the only way I can describe it. Could The effects I’m getting just be from the calcium? And has anyone else seen significant improvements in general health and well being just from adding milk!?

You must be new here

..since when do you take milk,and how much?

Adding more milk hasn't made much of a difference for me, whole or low fat. I avoid whole more because the PUFA adds up easily if you drink many cups.

But I don't see much of a difference between whole and lower fat besides the taste maybe (but I don't drink very much so that could be why -- there's more tryptophan in whole milk too).

boris

@jpgio according to Peat the estrogen in milk is negligible because milk has more progesterone. Progesterone is the antagonist of estrogen.

Maybe you feel better on grass fed whole milk because of the K2 content? Do you have other sources of K2?

OP
jpgio

jpgio

..since when do you take milk,and how much?
@jpgio according to Peat the estrogen in milk is negligible because milk has more progesterone. Progesterone is the antagonist of estrogen.

Maybe you feel better on grass fed whole milk because of the K2 content? Do you have other sources of K2?
I’ve been supplementing mk-4 for a while it can’t be that

boris

Did you compare skim to whole recently? Or is it a while ago. A direct comparison would be interesting. The extra calories from whole milk could play a factor in wellbeing.

OP
jpgio

jpgio

Did you compare skim to whole recently? Or is it a while ago. A direct comparison would be interesting. The extra calories from whole milk could play a factor in wellbeing.
Yes and skim gave me that weird feeling I described.

The saturated fats in milk fat are very stabilizing for the cells. They can lower cortisol, for example, and activate pyruvate dehydrogenase. I agree that the extra calories can have an effect too.

Also, perhaps the fat is slowing down the absorption of calcium? I wonder if calcium entering the bloodstream too fast could cause too much stimulation. And I read that skim milk has way less magnesium than low-fat or whole milk, so less magnesium could contribute to less well- being as well.