Whole Foods - GMO - Proposition 37

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wow, that should put a crunch on their business. Glad I never shopped there.

Goes to show you can't even trust the food you are getting and need to question everything. uggggh. :banghead

J

j.

I think it's better to have the government out of food labeling and regulation. As long as there isn't fraud, the government shouldn't intervene. If a person isn't happy with the labelling practices, they have options such as opening their own company, or boycotting.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to turn this forum into one about politics, where free-market advocates and statists argue about what role should the government have in food regulation, if any.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have merged the proposition 37 threads together. I think we should try to keep the prop 37 stuff in one thread.

j. said:
I'm not sure it's a good idea to turn this forum into one about politics, where free-market advocates and statists argue about what role should the government have in food regulation, if any.

J, I understand what you are saying. I dont want to moderate how people think, or what problems or issues they care about. I figure we should be able to have our voice if we want to use it and speak freely. If this is an issue dear to Pete then I think he should be able to voice.

One of my philosophies here is to let people say what they want unless they are deliberately attacking or hurting someone, then, I feel someone should step in.

The only moderating I am going to exercise right now, is to keep all the prop 37 stuff in one thread. I dont think we need to clutter up forum with a bunch of different threads on it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Btw J, I realize you were not asking anyone to moderate anything. I just wanted to let everyone my stance about letting the information flow freely here with little moderation.

nwo2012

j. said:
I think it's better to have the government out of food labeling and regulation. As long as there isn't fraud, the government shouldn't intervene. If a person isn't happy with the labelling practices, they have options such as opening their own company, or boycotting.

Yes in theory but since the whole system from USDA to FDA is already corrupt, the US needs labelling of GMOs as the sheeple do not know how to avoid buying these but would mostly if they were labelled correctly. So in the current environment, I have to strongly disagree with the point you raise.

nwo2012

pete said:
- GM plants can have a gene that produces antibodies against human sperm.
- GM plants can contaminate natural varieties.
- GM genes can cross species (horizontal gene transfer).
- GM foods are unregulated/unlabeled in the US.

Are we being unwillingly sterilized?

Of course. Is it also just a coincidence that the highly pervasive chemicals such as BPA, phthalates etc mimic oestrogen? I think not. Or that one of the newer vaccine ingredients, Polysorbate 80 (Tween 80), has been shown to cause infertility in rats. 'They' must be laughing everyday that they have the Guardasil vaccine approved worldwide for use in boys as well as girls.

Neonatal female rats were injected ip (0.1 ml/rat) with Tween 80 in 1, 5 or 10% aqueous solution on days 4-7 after birth. Treatment with Tween 80 accelerated maturation, prolonged the oestrus cycle, and induced persistent vaginal oestrus. The relative weight of the uterus and ovaries was decreased relative to the untreated controls. Squamous cell metaplasia of the epithelial lining of the uterus and cytological changes in the uterus were indicative of chronic oestrogenic stimulation. Ovaries were without corpora lutea, and had degenerative follicles.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8473 ... t=Abstract

Better watch out mate, you sound like a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist. :lol:

The so-called elites (I prefer murdering f****ers personally) such as Rockerfellers, Rothschilds, Gates, Kissinger etc have wet dreams over this stuff.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
... :lol:

Attachments

• hat.jpg
    hat.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 461

Birdie

nwo2012 said:
pete said:
- GM plants can have a gene that produces antibodies against human sperm.
- GM plants can contaminate natural varieties.
- GM genes can cross species (horizontal gene transfer).
- GM foods are unregulated/unlabeled in the US.

Are we being unwillingly sterilized?

Of course. Is it also just a coincidence that the highly pervasive chemicals such as BPA, phthalates etc mimic oestrogen? I think not. Or that one of the newer vaccine ingredients, Polysorbate 80 (Tween 80), has been shown to cause infertility in rats. 'They' must be laughing everyday that they have the Guardasil vaccine approved worldwide for use in boys as well as girls.

Neonatal female rats were injected ip (0.1 ml/rat) with Tween 80 in 1, 5 or 10% aqueous solution on days 4-7 after birth. Treatment with Tween 80 accelerated maturation, prolonged the oestrus cycle, and induced persistent vaginal oestrus. The relative weight of the uterus and ovaries was decreased relative to the untreated controls. Squamous cell metaplasia of the epithelial lining of the uterus and cytological changes in the uterus were indicative of chronic oestrogenic stimulation. Ovaries were without corpora lutea, and had degenerative follicles.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8473 ... t=Abstract

Better watch out mate, you sound like a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist. :lol:

The so-called elites (I prefer murdering f****ers personally) such as Rockerfellers, Rothschilds, Gates, Kissinger etc have wet dreams over this stuff.
I'm a little late here.

Birdie

I just saw the list of "deletes". No wonder it was a problem. I didn't understand, before. I thought it was just one topic where he removed his comments. The titles removed too. I'm stunned. Sorry you all for not getting it.

I often don't. :|

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Birdie said:
I just saw the list of "deletes". No wonder it was a problem. I didn't understand, before. I thought it was just one topic where he removed his comments. The titles removed too. I'm stunned. Sorry you all for not getting it.

Thank you for understanding Birdie. If you get a few people doing that, it can be quite the mess maker. Hopefully it wont happen again. But for now, I have limited editing times. If for some reason you need to edit after that, drop me a PM.

Birdie

Charlie said:
Birdie said:

Thank you for understanding Birdie. If you get a few people doing that, it can be quite the mess maker. Hopefully it wont happen again. But for now, I have limited editing times. If for some reason you need to edit after that, drop me a PM.

Oh, glad you did see my remark. You probably use the RSS which I haven't yet.
Thanks, Charlie, I have a problem with communicating clearly.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No worries, Birdie. :)

I do not use the RSS although it's a really great feature. Instead, when I come to the forum I go straight to the search button on the top right, I put my mouse over it and wait for the box to drop down. Then I click on "unread posts". This way I can see every new post that has been posted since the last time I visited the forum and then I go through all of them.