Who Will Save Us?

TeaRex14

Eisenhower had some of the greatest moments as president in the history of presidents. There's a lot of different levels of corruption in this country, but the military industrial complex is towards the top if not the top. It takes some gigantic cojones to publicly warn people about them. My hats off to him.

sunraiser

It's funny because this used to happen in a microcosm at my previous employer (big corp).

They would manipulate stats and spending so as to justify a similar or higher budget allocation for the next year, regardless of what the impact might be on the rest of the business.

I really think cultural and philosophical imperatives need to be drummed into government institutions as opposed to micromanaging based on incomplete data. It'd mean the right kinds of people were recruited, too.

I bet so many people in positions of extreme power are only there due to nepotism!

burtlancast

Last edited:

burtlancast

Here's the crux of the problem in a single sentence:

"War is truly wonderful to those who have not experienced it"
Erasmus of Rotterdam

Tom K

As a veteran of the Viet Nam era, I am well aware of the horrors of war. But the tested axiom, 'Follow the money' has exposed much of what is popular colloquialisms as fraudulent. For those of us that have served and those that have suffered there is much to be gained by not having our sons and grandsons become victims of war. But context is important. If proportion is considered, the health care industrial complex has committed more death than war.

Fractality

The problem is looking for external agents/actors for our salvation. We need to save ourselves, from the ground up, stop waiting for someone else to come save the day.

OP
B

Braveheart

"So...Start today. Start now. Do your part.

Literally and figuratively, the buck starts and stops with “we the people.”"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals