Who mange managed to raise their BMR?

superhuman

Hello

How many here have managed to raise their BMR(basal metabolic rate) ? wich means manage to increase their calories while maintaining their weight. I know building muscle can change this a little but im talking from a food perspective would also be nice to hear what things that made the biggest influence on that change

cbar09

I was maintaining at 1800-2000kcal whilst doing low carb paleo at about 175lbs (height 6' 0''). I'm now about 187 but same body fat % and eat closer to 3200kcal while maintaining weight. Probably before my diet stint I was somewhere in the middle.

Most important factors for me are adequate sleep/rest, lots of sugar and carbs (especially from ripe fruit), and nutrient dense protein (liver, eggs, dairy, shellfish). The sugar really helps rev the metabolism and improves my nutrient absorption and digestion. A nice drink to sip on throughout the day for me is 3:1 OJ to mineral water (preferably carbonated) with about 1/4tsp NaCl added per liter of liquid. I'll also add some sugar to this drink and gelatin if I'm working out.

Filip1993

@Cbar Do you eat a lot of added sugar or dried fruit to reach 3200 calories? I have a hard time getting enough calories without starch (which isn't ideal for my gut..).

OP
S

superhuman

cbar09: that is awesome, did meal frequency have anything to do?

How many grams of protein a day are u getting?