Who Here Has Gone From Having Belly Fat To Having A Flat Stomach?

Ras

@Nebula i found my succinic acid and magnesium carbonate powder. so i just dissolve succinic acid in hot water and add magnesium until the acidity turns neutral? (i.e. no more fizzing)
I do this, but with potassium bicarbonate. Potassium bicarbonate is approximately 37% potassium, so I measure the remaining amount in succinic acid and combine it all in water. The end result tastes neutral.

Vinny

I do this, but with potassium bicarbonate. Potassium bicarbonate is approximately 37% potassium, so I measure the remaining amount in succinic acid and combine it all in water. The end result tastes neutral.
How many grams of Potassium bicarbonate per day you ingesting? Do you think it`s a good way to increase potassium intake?
Thanks

ddjd

pretty dangerous to use potassium i think. too much potassium can kill you

LadyRae

I'm into my third bottle of this. .... But to be fair I just started my third bottle after not using it for about a year. I take it in the morning with sodium and potassium and magnesium bicarbonates mixed into a little bit of orange juice. I like the energy it provides, definitely don't need to lose any weight.

When I first transitioned out of a keto, intermittent fasting, and intense exercise lifestyle I definitely put on fat but mostly in my thighs and butt and some around my middle. I don't use the scale a lot but I gained about 10 to 15 lb. Probably a lot of water weight, but I think that overdoing niacinamide and aspirin contributed as well due to reducing lipolysis.

At this time my temperatures and pulse are quite low and so I started supplementing ideal Labs T3. At first I don't think it worked for me because I think my nutrition wasn't adequate to support that supplement. It took a year for the T3 to really work.

Currently I'm happy to report that I am at a healthy weight and all I do is walking and occasionally some push-ups and stretching. I'm 45 and I'm wearing the same jeans from the early 2000s, a few low rise bootcut jeans that I kept from my early twenties lol, because skinny jeans were in style for so long. It's very gratifying to be able to wear these size 26 pants that have been sitting in a drawer for literally 20 years. Especially after having four kids.

I believe that my success hinges upon multiple small meals throughout the day and keeping fat pretty low. Simple carbohydrates are important and keep me warm. The fat that I do eat comes from egg yolks and coconut and any little bit that might be on the lean meats, but I'm trying to get most of my protein from gelatin, liver, kidney and heart these days...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm into my third bottle of this. .... But to be fair I just started my third bottle after not using it for about a year. I take it in the morning with sodium and potassium and magnesium bicarbonates mixed into a little bit of orange juice. I like the energy it provides, definitely don't need to lose any weight.

When I first transitioned out of a keto, intermittent fasting, and intense exercise lifestyle I definitely put on fat but mostly in my thighs and butt and some around my middle. I don't use the scale a lot but I gained about 10 to 15 lb. Probably a lot of water weight, but I think that overdoing niacinamide and aspirin contributed as well due to reducing lipolysis.

At this time my temperatures and pulse are quite low and so I started supplementing ideal Labs T3. At first I don't think it worked for me because I think my nutrition wasn't adequate to support that supplement. It took a year for the T3 to really work.

Currently I'm happy to report that I am at a healthy weight and all I do is walking and occasionally some push-ups and stretching. I'm 45 and I'm wearing the same jeans from the early 2000s, a few low rise bootcut jeans that I kept from my early twenties lol, because skinny jeans were in style for so long. It's very gratifying to be able to wear these size 26 pants that have been sitting in a drawer for literally 20 years. Especially after having four kids.

I believe that my success hinges upon multiple small meals throughout the day and keeping fat pretty low. Simple carbohydrates are important and keep me warm. The fat that I do eat comes from egg yolks and coconut and any little bit that might be on the lean meats, but I'm trying to get most of my protein from gelatin, liver, kidney and heart these days...
That’s awesome!

Ras

pretty dangerous to use potassium i think. too much potassium can kill you
Too much of anything can kill you.

I've done this method to take about 20 grams of potassium per day for about two weeks. This daily potassium intake is still less than that of the Yonomami.

Ras

How many grams of Potassium bicarbonate per day you ingesting? Do you think it`s a good way to increase potassium intake?
Thanks
I don't ingest potassium bicarbonate, rather, I use it as a reaction element to yield a potassium salt (succinate, citrate, or malate). The highest I've gone is 35 grams of potassium bicarbonate per day, reacted with an acid to yield a solution comprising about 20 grams of potassium as succinate or malate. I've also taken this amount (35 grams) of potassium citrate per day for about two weeks.

brightside

I don't ingest potassium bicarbonate, rather, I use it as a reaction element to yield a potassium salt (succinate, citrate, or malate). The highest I've gone is 35 grams of potassium bicarbonate per day, reacted with an acid to yield a solution comprising about 20 grams of potassium as succinate or malate. I've also taken this amount (35 grams) of potassium citrate per day for about two weeks.
But how can you down all that? It tastes horrid, no matter what I mix it with. Does reacting it with succinate really make it taste neutral?

Ras

But how can you down all that? It tastes horrid, no matter what I mix it with. Does reacting it with succinate really make it taste neutral?
It's still bitter, but I've had worse. I make enough solution to fill a one liter bottle and take shots throughout the day.

brightside

It's still bitter, but I've had worse. I make enough solution to fill a one liter bottle and take shots throughout the day.
Hmm, I will try that once my succinate gets here.

I only tried mixing 1/2 tsp of K bicarb into some water, and after mixing with a bunch of lemon concentrate and sugar it tasted.. tolerable. But Ive essentially made a bad version of OJ, a high sugar, K and sour drink. Except OJ is substantially tastier and healthier.

Not gonna lie - when I’m strict, I’m practically on Durianrider diet modified with liver/pate (because I love them so much) every 3-4 days. I also practice Intermittent Fasting on most of the days because I want my abs ;) (and I have the six of them at 40+).

I walk 4-5 km/day on average during the year, and do bodyweight training (currently Get Strong by Al Kavadlo) 3-4 times a week.

For example - yesterday I ate between 18:00 and 22:00:
400 gr dried dates
a couple of apples
400 gr skyr with 300 gr apricot marmalade

disclaimer: the above food is too little for me but I’m trying hard to shave the 3-4 killos put on during the past two weeks of holidays.

Last edited:

LadyRae

Not gonna lie - when I’m strict, I’m practically on Durianrider diet modified with liver/pate (because I love them so much) every 3-4 days. I also practice Intermittent Fasting on most of the days because I want my abs ;) (and I have the six of them at 40+).

I walk 4-5 km/day on average during the year, and do bodyweight training (currently Get Strong by Al Kavadlo) 3-4 times a week.

For example - yesterday I ate between 18:00 and 22:00:
400 gr dried dates
a couple of apples
400 gr skyr with 300 gr apricot marmalade

disclaimer: the above food is too little for me but I’m trying hard to shave the 3-4 killos put on during the past two weeks of holidays.
You put on 3-4 kilos over the holidays? That's a lot of weight over a short period of time. Your body wouldn't have done that if you hadn't been so restrictive prior, and then now. Yo-yo dieting just wreaks havoc with your metabolism.

Telling people to restrict their diet and exercise hard and intermittent fast in order to lose their belly fat is extremely irresponsible. Hopefully the younger people reading in this thread will have learned from this forum and know better than to fall for this. Nothing is more miserable than the downward spiral of yoyo dieting that you describe above

Last edited:
You put on 3-4 kilos over the holidays? That's a lot of weight over a short period of time. Your body wouldn't have done that if you hadn't been so restrictive prior, and then now. Yo-yo dieting just wreaks havoc with your metabolism.

Telling people to restrict their diet and exercise hard and intermittent fast in order to lose their belly fat is extremely irresponsible. Hopefully the younger people reading in this thread will have learned from this forum and know better than to fall for this. Nothing is more miserable than the downward spiral of yoyo dieting that you describe above
Keep in mind that I’m nearly 2 m tall male (6’6”), around 88 kg, so I would say that 3-4 kg is not that much for my frame, compared to say a tiny male or regular female ;)

Also, I’m just a single sample/data point, so I’m just sharing what works for me and my flat stomach. Diet restriction is sort-of subjective, there are no standards set and it’s not a favor to keep personal secrets in the vein of “I’m just naturally skinny and don’t do anything special, eating balanced meals, yada yada …”

Birdie

For the past couple of years my belly was puffy and sticking out. Now it is flat and my shorts from 4 years ago fit. I haven't followed any plan except that I have to be careful not to overeat. This being careful is not to lose weight but rather is because if I eat too much at one time, I'll probably suffer an IBS (Irritable Bowel) attack.

Yesterday, being my wedding anniversary, I bought a slice of cheesecake. After gobbling down more that half of it, I came out of the induced stupor and stopped eating because I remembered the possible outcome. My tummy felt bloated and awful but I had stopped in time to avoid an attack.

I eat H-D vanilla ice cream several times a day. I drink whole fat grass milk (in coffee). I make GF oatmeal cookies. But, mainly I loosely follow RP guidelines for food. Eggs, oj, cooked fruit (in winter), a little beef, etc.

LadyRae

For the past couple of years my belly was puffy and sticking out. Now it is flat and my shorts from 4 years ago fit. I haven't followed any plan except that I have to be careful not to overeat. This being careful is not to lose weight but rather is because if I eat too much at one time, I'll probably suffer an IBS (Irritable Bowel) attack.

Yesterday, being my wedding anniversary, I bought a slice of cheesecake. After gobbling down more that half of it, I came out of the induced stupor and stopped eating because I remembered the possible outcome. My tummy felt bloated and awful but I had stopped in time to avoid an attack.

I eat H-D vanilla ice cream several times a day. I drink whole fat grass milk (in coffee). I make GF oatmeal cookies. But, mainly I loosely follow RP guidelines for food. Eggs, oj, cooked fruit (in winter), a little beef, etc.
Niiiiiiice, girl! 😀🔥 So I'm 5'10", 130 lbs, 45 years old, and I eat a LOT of food. Twice as much as when I was stupidly intermittent fasting and exercising all the time. And now I just walk the dog sporadically for exercise...

Eating often, but not OVER-eating is key

Birdie

Niiiiiiice, girl! 😀🔥 So I'm 5'10", 130 lbs, 45 years old, and I eat a LOT of food. Twice as much as when I was stupidly intermittent fasting and exercising all the time. And now I just walk the dog sporadically for exercise...

Eating often, but not OVER-eating is key
Thanks LR. Yes, I guess that's it. For compulsive overeaters it's hard to keep in mind. But not impossible! I don't weigh myself so can't report on that. My husband weighs himself every day. He's 88 this month and has lost about 5 lbs since he was around 85. A challenge to keep a steady weight as he gets older. I've always compared him to Ray and can't do that now.

Just got it about your Lady Ray name. I think.

LadyRae

Thanks LR. Yes, I guess that's it. For compulsive overeaters it's hard to keep in mind. But not impossible! I don't weigh myself so can't report on that. My husband weighs himself every day. He's 88 this month and has lost about 5 lbs since he was around 85. A challenge to keep a steady weight as he gets older. I've always compared him to Ray and can't do that now.

Just got it about your Lady Ray name. I think.
My middle name in real life is Rae. I'm not really clever...😊

Birdie

My middle name in real life is Rae. I'm not really clever...😊
Oh really. And I was reading it Lady Ray and thought it was a sudden discovery. What a lovely middle name you have, spelled Rae.

I have to say I lost the lottery with my middle name. I don't want to say what it is cuz there are a lot of people who got it for a first. But it begins with a K.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals