Who Here Has Gone From Having Belly Fat To Having A Flat Stomach?

Don't mean to overdo this question as this subject gets brought up a lot, but I think it's important to refine questions for more precise answers. Us lot have a tendency to go off the original topic :p

Runenight201

I use to have quite a large amount of belly and chest fat, and I now rock a 4-pack. Who knows if I’ll get to a 6 pack, but I figure if I continue to make sure my energy, moods, sleep, and strength are good then I’ll get there organically. I like to sprint, jump, flip, push cars, and do calisthenics a lot too, it makes me feel very good :)

Things that work for me: soup, potatoes, corn, tomatoes, salt, bread, coffee, 2% milk, sugar, maple syrup, apple sauce, oranges,
Bananas, cran-grape cocktail drink, egg yolk, lard, mushrooms, onions, propel, small amounts of tobacco, lagers and summer ales, and the OCCASIONAL taste of the marijuana plant (which sky rockets my mind-body awareness and creativity, but decreases working memory and spatial awareness)

Things that don’t work for me: excessive rice and meat. I go back and forth on meat, some days I’m a vegetarian and other days I eat it. I may be weaning off of it again rn. There’s no doubt in my mind if you want high energy you have to prioritize the sugar and starch over meat.

Safe to say that fast food, chips, processed food etc... doesn’t work for me either.
On Father’s Day I decided to indulge And i had a large amount of French fríes, tortilla chips, and cake. My allergies flared up so badly and I had terrible energy all day long.

Luckily I’ve built up such a strong self-awareness that it may be impossible for me to get fat again, the foods that make me fat are also the ones that make me feel like ***t, so I’ve shifted my appetite towards health promoting foods.

OP
T
I use to have quite a large amount of belly and chest fat, and I now rock a 4-pack. Who knows if I’ll get to a 6 pack, but I figure if I continue to make sure my energy, moods, sleep, and strength are good then I’ll get there organically. I like to sprint, jump, flip, push cars, and do calisthenics a lot too, it makes me feel very good :)

Things that work for me: soup, potatoes, corn, tomatoes, salt, bread, coffee, 2% milk, sugar, maple syrup, apple sauce, oranges,
Bananas, cran-grape cocktail drink, egg yolk, lard, mushrooms, onions, propel, small amounts of tobacco, lagers and summer ales, and the OCCASIONAL taste of the marijuana plant (which sky rockets my mind-body awareness and creativity, but decreases working memory and spatial awareness)

Things that don’t work for me: excessive rice and meat. I go back and forth on meat, some days I’m a vegetarian and other days I eat it. I may be weaning off of it again rn. There’s no doubt in my mind if you want high energy you have to prioritize the sugar and starch over meat.

Safe to say that fast food, chips, processed food etc... doesn’t work for me either.
On Father’s Day I decided to indulge And i had a large amount of French fríes, tortilla chips, and cake. My allergies flared up so badly and I had terrible energy all day long.

Luckily I’ve built up such a strong self-awareness that it may be impossible for me to get fat again, the foods that make me fat are also the ones that make me feel like ***t, so I’ve shifted my appetite towards health promoting foods.

That sounds great mate, glad to hear you're doing well. Sounds like a no brainer, but do you attribute much of your weightloss to the exercises you listed? They sound intense.

Interesting to hear your take on meat. Funnily enough, meat and rice is pretty much my entire diet at the moment with the addition of fruit and some sourdough bread. It seems to be great for me besides the belly and back/hips, which I realise sounds like a contradiction in terms. My mood and energy always feel good, just have to hold my belly in haha. I'm not fat by any means, and I still can't quite tell how much is fat, how much is bloating, and how much is water.

baccheion

Belly fat: normalize insulin, cortisol, nutrient levels, and thyroid/HPTA/metabolism.

Causes: low/high estrogen, eating too much, low DHEA, low HGH, low/high cortisol..

I had a larger stomach in high school. It went away after a few weeks of gym class (elliptical).

Inflammation and gut irritation can also lead to a larger stomach.

aquaman

That sounds great mate, glad to hear you're doing well. Sounds like a no brainer, but do you attribute much of your weightloss to the exercises you listed? They sound intense.

Interesting to hear your take on meat. Funnily enough, meat and rice is pretty much my entire diet at the moment with the addition of fruit and some sourdough bread. It seems to be great for me besides the belly and back/hips, which I realise sounds like a contradiction in terms. My mood and energy always feel good, just have to hold my belly in haha. I'm not fat by any means, and I still can't quite tell how much is fat, how much is bloating, and how much is water.

Rice and bread I avoid for weight loss. Don’t know why, but they (and cheese/dairy and juice) tend to make me pack on fat quite easily

Runenight201

I exercise because I’m healthy, not too become healthy. When my diet was a lot worse, exercise was very stressful and made my energy, sleep, and moods worse. I usually only exercise after I’ve been well fed and I feel very energetic and strong. The muscular pumps I get feel really good. If I’m feeling low energy then I never exercise , and prioritize resting and feeding to bring my energy state back up. I wouldn’t be as muscular as I am now if I didn’t do those exercises, but I do not think they correlate at all with my belly fat. There are plenty of elite athletes with bellies, or other signs of stress and degeneration, like hair loss or accelerated aging, and their diet is to blame imo. My fat storage is a direct result of the food I eat, and excess starch, meat, and now I’m realizing excess milk are my worst offenders.

Without my diet I wouldn’t be where I’m at today. Pairing diet and exercise produces a very capable human being, but without the diet piece it just doesn’t work out. All it takes is one incorrect meal and I’m bloated, low energy, and Inflamed.

P.S. I’m adding cheese, peanut butter, and roasted almonds to my diet. I ate them today and felt very good. Still have a flat stomach, and feel clear headed too boot. Excess milk will make me happy but foggy.

aussiebaldguy

I lost the pregnant belly look and now have flat shape but still have subcutaneous fat

I'm doing lite milk, sugar, oj, liver, eggs, b1,b2, niacinamide, zinc, Mg, D, E bone broth and trying to add more fruit.

I have become stronger and emotions are freer..all good.

I want to experiment with progesterone, pregnenolone and or antihistamine but have difficulties obtaining in Australia

Broken man

I lost 30 kg of weight during 3 months, I still have abdominal fat and some chest fat but its disappearing. I am taking succinic acid and focusing on improving bile throough taurine and androsterone. Dont train hard, good sleeping patterns and calcium are also important.

Spondive

I lost 30 kg of weight during 3 months, I still have abdominal fat and some chest fat but its disappearing. I am taking succinic acid and focusing on improving bile throough taurine and androsterone. Dont train hard, good sleeping patterns and calcium are also important.
Interesting succinic acid for weight loss or fat loss

Jem Oz

I want to experiment with progesterone, pregnenolone and or antihistamine but have difficulties obtaining in Australia

Recommend idealabs for the prog and preg, they'll last a good while and you know what you're getting. And OTC Periactin is a good antihistamine, thankfully they dish it out like candy in Australia. One cheap box will last for many months if not years

baccheion

Recommend idealabs for the prog and preg, they'll last a good while and you know what you're getting. And OTC Periactin is a good antihistamine, thankfully they dish it out like candy in Australia. One cheap box will last for many months if not years
Have you tried pansterone or any other Idealabs product? When was the last time? What effects? Any verification with lab work?

OP
T

That's interesting - I'm guessing succinic acid is based on the hypothesis that gut bacteria contributes to weight gain? Can you attribute your weight loss to the succinic acid?

Nebula

Interesting succinic acid for weight loss or fat loss
I’m noticing a reduction in stomach fat from magnesium succinate. I didn’t have much to begin with but I think it’s mostly reduced any gut inflammation I had and lowering water retention from cortisol. There’s probably some fat loss too.

OP
T
I lost the pregnant belly look and now have flat shape but still have subcutaneous fat

I'm doing lite milk, sugar, oj, liver, eggs, b1,b2, niacinamide, zinc, Mg, D, E bone broth and trying to add more fruit.

I have become stronger and emotions are freer..all good.

Awesome, glad to hear it. I personally would struggle to meet calories on that diet though - do you not find it quite restrictive? I manage to lose my bloat occasionally only to realise its because I'm severely undereating and my gut has nothing to do.

OP
T
I’m noticing a reduction in stomach fat from magnesium succinate. I didn’t have much to begin with but I think it’s mostly reduced any gut inflammation I had and lowering water retention from cortisol. There’s probably some fat loss too.

Cool. Is that fat from the belly, hips, and lower back/sides or just the belly? I could probably deal with a bit of belly fat; it's the love handles I hate. You can see them through my shirt if I turn or bend over. Very unattractive for a young male.

OP
T
Rice and bread I avoid for weight loss. Don’t know why, but they (and cheese/dairy and juice) tend to make me pack on fat quite easily

Really? Is this the case for belly fat or fat in general? I've had my doubts about bread but it makes me feel so satiated. I eat a lot of rice because its so cheap and convenient. Do you think it's something to do with the liquid content of the rice, dairy and juice? I definitely notice an improvement when I stick to dry foods. Didn't realise how much water was in well cooked rice until I squeezed some in my hand.

Ron J

Unless you have a severe stress/hormonal imbalance, the reason why you may still have abdominal fat after losing a decent amount of weight is simply because you need to lose more weight. Most people carry more weight than they think, specially those that are estrogen dominant after years of being overweight. Many things can add false size(makes you seem like you have less body fat) to your muscles like inflammation, edema/estrogen, intramuscular fat, and even a protruded gut can make the fat around seem less by pushing out and displacing it over a larger region. Which is why often times a protruded gut can be hard despite having a lot of fat over it, in-between and inside the intestines. So when you alleviate inflammation, decrease estrogen and lose the fat that was adding volume to your muscles, you may look the same or more flabby than before.

OP
T
Unless you have a severe stress/hormonal imbalance, the reason why you may still have abdominal fat after losing a decent amount of weight is simply because you need to lose more weight. Most people carry more weight than they think, specially those that are estrogen dominant after years of being overweight. Many things can add false size(makes you seem like you have less body fat) to your muscles like inflammation, edema/estrogen, intramuscular fat, and even a protruded gut can make the fat around seem less by pushing out and displacing it over a larger region. Which is why often times a protruded gut can be hard despite having a lot of fat over it, in-between and inside the intestines. So when you alleviate inflammation, decrease estrogen and lose the fat that was adding volume to your muscles, you may look the same or more flabby than before.

Thanks, Ron. Do you experience with this process? Have you vanquished your belly fat, going from fat to flat?