• Haven't had it

Votes: 76 73.8%
  • Had it

Votes: 27 26.2%

• Total voters
OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Have you tried nebulized hydrogen peroxide or zinc acetate lozenges? NAC thins mucous
I haven't taken the zinc because I never felt it worked in the past. Sinuses are clearing out as of now, I guess it was just the build up from the night. Nighttime is always risky for mucus! Gets all clogged.

Perry Staltic

I haven't taken the zinc because I never felt it worked in the past. Sinuses are clearing out as of now, I guess it was just the build up from the night. Nighttime is always risky for mucus! Gets all clogged.

Zinc acetate, or some other form of zinc? Zinc acetate is the most absorbable form and is slowly dissolved in the mouth, coating the mouth, throat and esophagus, the path of post-nasal drip, which is what causes lung infections. They are the size of horse pills.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Zinc acetate, or some other form of zinc? Zinc acetate is the most absorbable form and is slowly dissolved in the mouth, coating the mouth, throat and esophagus, the path of post-nasal drip, which is what causes lung infections. They are the size of horse pills.
Yes I have the big zinc acetate lozenges Chris Masterjohn recommended. They are so nasty! Who knows maybe it did prevent it going to the lungs the times I did it. I don't think I took it 3 yrs ago when I had the dry cough. I didn't realize it's the drip down the throat that causes it. Makes sense!! Thanks for letting me know.

Perry Staltic

Yes I have the big zinc acetate lozenges Chris Masterjohn recommended. They are so nasty! Who knows maybe it did prevent it going to the lungs the times I did it. I don't think I took it 3 yrs ago when I had the dry cough. I didn't realize it's the drip down the throat that causes it. Makes sense!! Thanks for letting me know.

You mentioning hating that feeling of dropping into the lungs is something I've always dreaded because I watched it happen so many times, but felt helpless. Now I feel like I have some tools to hopefully prevent it. The last two times I got that weird feeling in my sinuses I immediately nebulized and did the lozenges, and there was no progression. So hopefully those things helped.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

You mentioning hating that feeling of dropping into the lungs is something I've always dreaded because I watched it happen so many times, but felt helpless. Now I feel like I have some tools to hopefully prevent it. The last two times I got that weird feeling in my sinuses I immediately nebulized and did the lozenges, and there was no progression. So hopefully those things helped.
Yeah I absolutely believe in prevention through antibiotic type stuff (not drugs though) when experiencing first signs. For some reason this sickness I just didn't care to do much besides a salt water gargle. Maybe I felt it was inevitable once the sore throat set in. I normally put hydrogen peroxide in my ears at first sign.

I feel like I had been coming down with it for quite a number of days. That feeling like I couldn't warm up. Shivering at times when I got a little chilled going to bed at night. In the South our houses are built to stay cool, not warm, so my bedroom would be chilly going to sleep at night and it felt like a dungeon until I warmed up under the covers. We put our heat at 69 but it doesn't come on all the time. I think not being able to stay warm was a big factor.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Side note: my taste and smell are messed up. I don't recall this happening in the past, I can taste the sweetness of my grape juice, but I am not enjoying other foods very well, it's like there's no exciting flavor, so even though my cheesy potatoes usually are very pleasurable I am mostly tasting the earthiness of the potato. Very weird! I do think this can happen with all upper respiratory infections just strange I never had it happen before.

SQu

Neither me nor hubby have had it. Plenty of exposures I believe. I've had a flu like day here and there and do my usual treating the endotoxin symptoms, methylene blue, aspirin, antibiotic, vitamin D, and I probably forgot a few things. Plus ivm just in case. I think I took a bit too much and got vertigo for a day or two! I've had one test for work, negative, and one test, a spit test, uninvasive. I'm O+. The blood bank tested for antibodies, said I had none. I suspect I've fought it off a few times. Or, I've lowered inflammation a few times and got rid of endotoxin symptoms, more likely.

Rafe

Side note: my taste and smell are messed up. I don't recall this happening in the past, I can taste the sweetness of my grape juice, but I am not enjoying other foods very well, it's like there's no exciting flavor, so even though my cheesy potatoes usually are very pleasurable I am mostly tasting the earthiness of the potato. Very weird! I do think this can happen with all upper respiratory infections just strange I never had it happen before.
I lost my smell & taste but only fully for a couple of days. I had that weird dirt-taste when I ate some cucumber too.

But since then it’s been this weird, “What is that smell??”

It’s probably just the nerves regenerating, the house closed up in winter, & cabin fever.

I’m still not completely convinced even that’s a sign of a unique coronavirus, but it could be.

I think the brainwashing & media terror over getting sick has contributed to the deaths of people who would have otherwise been able to survive. But combined with denying early treatment, isolation in a hospital, & ventilation, it can’t be just a few.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I lost my smell & taste but only fully for a couple of days. I had that weird dirt-taste when I ate some cucumber too.

But since then it’s been this weird, “What is that smell??”

It’s probably just the nerves regenerating, the house closed up in winter, & cabin fever.

I’m still not completely convinced even that’s a sign of a unique coronavirus, but it could be.

I think the brainwashing & media terror over getting sick has contributed to the deaths of people who would have otherwise been able to survive. But combined with denying early treatment, isolation in a hospital, & ventilation, it can’t be just a few.
Yeah the taste is starting to be more normal now, so I'm glad it wasn't as severe as some people have had it.

I hate it how covid has changed our psyche on colds/flus. It has caused a fear of what might happen. We have to stay strong and believe in the wisdom of our body.

Yeah the way people have been treated is just horrific.

RealNeat

I've never taken a test, and never will. So, I guess that's a no as far as that goes.

I haven't been sick at all since February 2020. That was a normal-ish cold, but with a cough that lingered for weeks. I did use cyproheptadine quite a bit from summer 2020 through summer of 2021, so maybe that was a big part of it. Remember, Peat has suggested in the past (as have some studies) that most cold and flu symptoms (and therefore, COVID symptoms) are caused by endotoxin, so cypro, being anti-histamine, anti-serotonin, and a TLR 4 Antagonist may be a great preventative and treatment for such things-

Haidut also notes the possibility of raised adrenaline making one more susceptible to the "flu." That could be yet another way that cypro might help, as it seems to have greatly restrained my adrenaline response, as in I don't seem to get that "jolt" from acute stressors as easily. Plus, any low level anxiety has also been turned off.
The only time I got sick last year was after a long stressful road trip, with too many potato chips (olive oil) and conventional sweet pastries that ended in a train ride, which I was inadequately dressed for as it was freezing cold and a long drive home. Endotoxin, adrenaline and stress seems to be the recipe.

Jam

Yeah going through the exact same experience, to a par. The most altered scent, for me, is vinegar (or wine), they smell and taste of something indescribably odd.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Yeah going through the exact same experience, to a par. The most altered scent, for me, is vinegar (or wine), they smell and taste of something indescribably odd.
Did you get tested for covid?

I just took the rapid test, my husband gets them for free through work as he's not vaccinated. It was negative. Kinda relieving but kinda not because these tests are crappy. I had a lot of mucus this morning and a phlegmy cough that hurt my chest. I took raw garlic last night and upon the first bite of food today I had adrenaline. So I think I have some gut issues. Probably lifelong. Slow moving guts lately.

Jam

Did you get tested for covid?

I just took the rapid test, my husband gets them for free through work as he's not vaccinated. It was negative. Kinda relieving but kinda not because these test suck. I had a lot of mucus this morning and a phlegmy cough that hur my chest. I took raw garlic last night and upon the first bite of food today I had adrenaline. So I think I have some gut issues. Probably lifelong. Slow moving guts lately.
Yep, got tested at the pharmacy today, result was "barely" positive according to the pharmacist, which makes sense since I'm mostly over it, while the wife was "fully" positive, but she's lagging me by a few days. It started last tuesday with a 38.5C fever that lasted for 2 days, evolving into a moderate cold with first dry then productive throaty cough. Today I'm pretty much symptom-free. The wife found sublingual methylene blue (4 drops of Oxidal twice daily) to be of immense help. Other than that, we also took 6x3 drops of SSKI.

Jennifer

Mine were messed up, too. About a week prior to experiencing full-on flu symptoms and realizing I was sick, I noticed something seemed off with cheese. It was like I was eating unsalted butter. After flu symptoms fully manifested, I could taste the sweetness of my foods, but they lacked any depth of flavor. My grape juice tasted like pure sugar. I had to heavily salt my eggs in order to taste even the slightest bit of saltiness. It took about two weeks for my sense of taste and smell to return to normal.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

It's the fear that is contagious:

dfspcc20

@sugarbabe I think I did indeed jinx it, as I got sick a few days ago as well, and tested positive for Covid the next day. My wife got sick about a week before me.
All in all, I'd say it's been comparable to a bad cold. The symptoms came on pretty quickly, though I did notice random muscle and/or fascia twitching starting a couple weeks prior. That's usually been a good indication for me that I'm due to come down with something, even though I don't really understand it fully.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

@sugarbabe I think I did indeed jinx it, as I got sick a few days ago as well, and tested positive for Covid the next day. My wife got sick about a week before me.
All in all, I'd say it's been comparable to a bad cold. The symptoms came on pretty quickly, though I did notice random muscle and/or fascia twitching starting a couple weeks prior. That's usually been a good indication for me that I'm due to come down with something, even though I don't really understand it fully.
Oh wow it happened to you too! Hope you get better quick. I had the muscle twitching during the sickness actually. It finally went away the other day but I've been focusing on getting thiamine. I think my nervous system was trashed when I came down with the sickness. And thiamine is necessary for proper autonomic functioning.

dfspcc20

Oh wow it happened to you too! Hope you get better quick. I had the muscle twitching during the sickness actually. It finally went away the other day but I've been focusing on getting thiamine. I think my nervous system was trashed when I came down with the sickness. And thiamine is necessary for proper autonomic functioning.

My muscle twitching (on the inside of my left arm close to the tricep) stopped immediately once I got a fever. I've had similar experiences with twitching elsewhere preceding when I actually got sick.

Yes, I think thiamine at least partially explains why I seemed to do well with coffee/caffeine for a while, but once I overdo it for too long I start to get strange symptoms.