Who Has Used Or Is Using DHT?

skycop00

I bought a mg scale to measure the powder. I measure it out on the scale and then pour about 1ml DMSO in a blue glass dropper bottle I bought, then pour the powder in and let it dissolve (only takes a few seconds) then I apply the solution to my chest, shoulders, and face.
How much are you using daily?

ravster02

Might not use it right before bed again because I didn't sleep great. Felt like getting up and doing something. Also, it has had an effect of an all night woody if you know what I mean. ;) lol

have you used any other DHT products before this one?

skycop00

I am curious as I am on TRT. If 5-AR controls testosterone's conversion to DHT...how the 2 being used simultaneously or even strategically, may benefit us males?

Area-1255

I am curious as I am on TRT. If 5-AR controls testosterone's conversion to DHT...how the 2 being used simultaneously or even strategically, may benefit us males?
By freeing up testosterone, using DHT binds SHBG so the remaining Testosterone is better used.

Area-1255

Anyone have experience with dht powder? Supposedly the stanolone powder is semi-synthetic, and not as effective as androstanolone which is the real dht... thoughts?
As far as I know, Andractim is the main DHT Gel which uses that pure form. Not sure how many others are running around that would pass purity tests/HPLC.

skycop00

By freeing up testosterone, using DHT binds SHBG so the remaining Testosterone is better used.
So then there would be a possibility to use both strategically? I would like to run his supplement alongside my Cypionate, but need a good strategy to test out! I will run labs as well. Any ideas..?

aquaman

I may be able to sell pure DHT out of our EU office when we open it but it's still not clear if it would be legal.

That would be great. It's only a couple of dollars a gram on the internet but not sure of the sources.

schultz

As for getting too much...it doesn't aromatize so I wonder what the worst is that could happen.

I find the whole topic of hormones a bit confusing. At first glance it seems quite simple, but there seems to be a lot of complexity.

DHT cannot be metabolized into estrogen by CYP19A1 (aromatized), but DHT can still be metabolized by HSD17B7 into 3β-diol. What is 3β-diol? I don't really understand the significance of it, whether it's "bad" or "good", and there doesn't seem to be much information on it.

Wikipedia says...

"3β-Diol is a selective, potent, high-affinity full agonist of the ERβ, and hence, an estrogen."

So DHT cannot be aromatized, but it can still turn into an estrogen. However, I am not sure how likely it is to occur, or even the significance of it. I suppose I'll research it more (though I find hormone research very dull).

Maybe someone knowledgeable can talk about this?

redlight

Having DHT 4x over range has done miracles for my well being and libido, only if it helped my hair as much as other areas.

Peatit

I bought a mg scale to measure the powder. I measure it out on the scale and then pour about 1ml DMSO in a blue glass dropper bottle I bought, then pour the powder in and let it dissolve (only takes a few seconds) then I apply the solution to my chest, shoulders, and face.
I'm also curious about the scale you bought, I've found many of cheap said "milligram" jewelry scales, is it this kind you use?
Would it not be much simpler to make a batch with a known concentration per drop?
Are you worried about the hormone stability in solution?

FacelessMan

I'm also curious about the scale you bought, I've found many of cheap said "milligram" jewelry scales, is it this kind you use?
Would it not be much simpler to make a batch with a known concentration per drop?
Are you worried about the hormone stability in solution?
Yes that type of scale. I bought it off amazon. And yes that's why I mix it every time, so it doesn't have to sit in the DMSO for an extended period of time. Just a precaution.

OP
D

dookie

I find the whole topic of hormones a bit confusing. At first glance it seems quite simple, but there seems to be a lot of complexity.

DHT cannot be metabolized into estrogen by CYP19A1 (aromatized), but DHT can still be metabolized by HSD17B7 into 3β-diol. What is 3β-diol? I don't really understand the significance of it, whether it's "bad" or "good", and there doesn't seem to be much information on it.

Wikipedia says...

"3β-Diol is a selective, potent, high-affinity full agonist of the ERβ, and hence, an estrogen."

So DHT cannot be aromatized, but it can still turn into an estrogen. However, I am not sure how likely it is to occur, or even the significance of it. I suppose I'll research it more (though I find hormone research very dull).

Maybe someone knowledgeable can talk about this?

Yes, it seems weird, and there is conflicting research that I'm wondering about too.

Check this too:
Stimulation of aromatase activity by dihydrotestosterone in human skin fibroblasts. - PubMed - NCBI

Maybe @haidut can comment on these things?

Elephanto

Yes, it seems weird, and there is conflicting research that I'm wondering about too.

Check this too:
Stimulation of aromatase activity by dihydrotestosterone in human skin fibroblasts. - PubMed - NCBI

Maybe @haidut can comment on these things?

That would explain why finasteride can be pretty effective to stop hair loss. I wonder why people here choose to ignore the fact that finasteride has shown effectiveness to confirm their bias that DHT has nothing to do with hair loss. Personally, I do believe hair loss is mainly estrogenic, but maybe the fact that men can produce much more DHT means they also can produce much more estrogen than women.

Stress triggers DHT as a protective mechanism but from my experience it is always the high adrenaline/stress males that are bald. Highly stressed women do not go bald though, probably because they don't produce DHT nearly as much when stressed.

schultz

That would explain why finasteride can be pretty effective to stop hair loss. I wonder why people here choose to ignore the fact that finasteride has shown effectiveness to confirm their bias that DHT has nothing to do with hair loss.

I am under the impression that finasteride has some progesterone like effects. One theory is that it's this progesterone like quality that has the action on hair growth rather than the 5ar inhibition. One could probably regrow hair in a much safer way by just taking progesterone, either topically on the head, orally or both.

Just a thought...

Elephanto

I am under the impression that finasteride has some progesterone like effects. One theory is that it's this progesterone like quality that has the action on hair growth rather than the 5ar inhibition. One could probably regrow hair in a much safer way by just taking progesterone, either topically on the head, orally or both.

Just a thought...

Studies seem to show the contrary, but I havent examined how valid they are.

Finasteride, a 5alpha-reductase inhibitor, blocks the anticonvulsant activity of progesterone in mice. - PubMed - NCBI

Finasteride inhibits the disease-modifying activity of progesterone in the hippocampus kindling model of epileptogenesis. - PubMed - NCBI

Progesterone has a feminizing effect on males though, Peat said this and personally it made my sperm watery. This isn't ideal, and this doesn't correlate with males that have no feminine features (the lack of body hair is actually a sign of low estrogen btw, backed by studies) and are the biological archetype of males but have perfect hairlines. So while it may be a pathway to stop hair loss it isn't required or ideal.

also claiming regrowth with any supp is doubtful until we a single proof, they only stop the process by putting the body in a suitable hormonal state. Things like minox work by "melting" scalp calcification, not because they have hormonal or health related benefits but only because they are either very acidic or harsh. I do believe for any regrowth something has to happen topically though, probably a mechanical force. I think some supps could enlarge the head (boron and K) and attenuate further calcification once it has been removed some way.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals