Who Has Used Or Is Using DHT?

dand

Why dont you take him off/reduce the supplements for a month to see what happens? Always a good idea.

He doesn't take anything with that great of frequency. I highly doubt the supplements are causing any sides I just wanted to be prudent in the way that I was thinking about it.

ddjd

Bottom line is that while blood tests are unreliable, you probably want as high total testosterone and as low free testosterone as possible.
did you write this or is it a quote from someone else?

meatbag

did you write this or is it a quote from someone else?

I'm pretty sure that's a quote from haidut from another thread, but I can't find where your getting where I posted that from lol

vulture

Agreed, but those bodybuilders usually take unphysiological doses of DHT or its synthetic derivatives designed for oral use. A common dose I have seen discussed on so many forum is 25mg-50mg of say Proviron daily. Even 25mg dose of Proviron will suppress BOTH the synthesis of E and T, and we don't want that. A 5mg dose on the other hand (of any DHT-type steroid) usually lowers E to healthier levels, which allows T to rise even more both of which have a rather positive effect on libido and systemic health. Taking pure T, which is also often done in unphysiological doses, suppresses HPGA much more easily than DHT-type steroids due to its conversion into estrogen. It is estrogen that is the true negative feedback driver on HPGA. That is why AI raise T levels - i.e. by removing the negative feedback on HPGA. DHT is much less suppressive of HPGA compared to T but in higher doses it inhibits 17b-HSD3, which is responsible for T synthesis. In lower doses it is still a potent aromatase inhibitor, an androgen agonist (duh), inhibitor of TPH (serotonin synthesis), and cortisol antagonist (albeit weaker than T) without affecting T synthesis much. Most studies show aromatase inhibition by DHT (and other 5-AR steroids like androsterone) in the low nanomolar up to 1uM concentration range, which is achievable with doses in the 1mg-5mg range. Of course, bodybuilders are usually after that cut-and-dry look and health concerns usually come in second. So, they do not like the whole low-dosing regimen. But if health is the primary concern and if DHT-type steroids are used sensibly and in physiological doses, they can provide quite a bit of benefit while possibly even raising endogenous T. Thus, no need to run cycles with massive doses of T only to get suppressed and then do all kinds of dangerous stuff like hCG (known carcinogen when used in higher doses), clomid (highly estrogenic in the brain, has killed some patients with MS) or tamoxifen (estrogenic/carcinogenic in the prostate), etc.
Just my 2c.
Haidut, you talked about synthetic DHT in a negative way. Is proviron what you call synthetic?
What would be the difference in 5 mg oral proviron vs 5 mg topical DHT on a good solvent?

Luckytype

Why dont you take him off/reduce the supplements for a month to see what happens? Always a good idea.
Agreed.

I think a very* gradual titration is probably wise with a lot of the supplements people choose as well. Too many things being low and slow for too long need time to catch up

Wagner83

Haidut, you talked about synthetic DHT in a negative way. Is proviron what you call synthetic?
What would be the difference in 5 mg oral proviron vs 5 mg topical DHT on a good solvent?
I think he opposes synthetic to bioidentical.

Last edited:

alex00

what can be a daily dose of topical dht that is not suppressive in the long term? 5mg? 2-3mg?

vulture

what can be a daily dose of topical dht that is not suppressive in the long term? 5mg? 2-3mg?
I think Haidut have said about 5 mg max. It also depends on carrier, maybe DMSO would be less mg...

alex00

I think Haidut have said about 5 mg max. It also depends on carrier, maybe DMSO would be less mg...
Yes the carrier is DMSO. So if I use 3-4mg of topical dht for a period and after I stop my hpga won't be suppressed and in a short time my hormones will return as before right?

Momado965

I already said that DHT-type steroids are less suppressive of HPGA than aromatizable steroids. Not sure how these studies disagree with what I said. The suppression of T from DHT-type steroids comes from inhbition of 17b-HSD3. Google for "DHT 1b-HSD3" or "androgen suppression 17b-HSD3". There are several studies showing administration of DHT to humans tanked T levels. Oxandrolone, another DHT derivative, lowers T levels in humans by more than 40% at a dose of just 15mg daily. You can find all of those studies on Google.

Why does it do that?

alex00

I already said that DHT-type steroids are less suppressive of HPGA than aromatizable steroids. Not sure how these studies disagree with what I said. The suppression of T from DHT-type steroids comes from inhbition of 17b-HSD3. Google for "DHT 1b-HSD3" or "androgen suppression 17b-HSD3". There are several studies showing administration of DHT to humans tanked T levels. Oxandrolone, another DHT derivative, lowers T levels in humans by more than 40% at a dose of just 15mg daily. You can find all of those studies on Google.
I fully agree with you, since I have experienced testicular shrinkage on a DHT gel.
Now I want to try again with DHT but I want to preserve my testicles from any shrinkage.
I am thinking of taking HCG at 250IU EOD throughout DHT period to avoid this.
When DHT+HCG cycle ends, I would take Tamoxifen to recover the pituitary gland.
What do you think? Thx man.

i used dht cream and i have used proviron before. proviron isnt the same but it helps a bit. the dht cream felt pretty great though, i always woke up happy and i was pretty confident.

Frankdee20

There is a thread about that product and someone was posting testing saying it was just ethanol or something. But other people have reported feeling effects from it, so who knows.

Area 1255 reported using the DHT cream from them, and it supposedly grew his penis. I believe.

alex00

Area 1255 reported using the DHT cream from them, and it supposedly grew his penis. I believe.
Hi, I have also read the various reviews on Titan Gel DHT on area-1225.
I also wrote an email to the author of the reviews and we talked a little.
Are you also interested in PE?

Frankdee20

Hi, I have also read the various reviews on Titan Gel DHT on area-1225.
I also wrote an email to the author of the reviews and we talked a little.
Are you also interested in PE?

I mean, I am sexually active at the moment. Obviously, what guy wouldn’t want an edge in that department. My P.E. has seriously improved, but it’s obviously better when I drink. At this point, looking for a slight edge in E.Q. and lasting longer sober. She’s not complaining though. I’m well endowed, but if that DHT gel is real, I’d be walking around with a weapon at this point. People claimed growing an inch or two from that LOL. My total T was 470 last time I checked, I heard Testosterone can improve the strength of the pelvic floor muscles. So maybe that is the missing link for me. Sorry to the thread contributors if I deviated off topic, LOL. This forum is a real brotherhood

vulture

I fully agree with you, since I have experienced testicular shrinkage on a DHT gel.
Now I want to try again with DHT but I want to preserve my testicles from any shrinkage.
I am thinking of taking HCG at 250IU EOD throughout DHT period to avoid this.
When DHT+HCG cycle ends, I would take Tamoxifen to recover the pituitary gland.
What do you think? Thx man.
Read on lower HcG dosages, afaik even 75 or 125 could be useful for what you are trying to do. I would love to know about your experiment, seems interesting

brix

I mean, I am sexually active at the moment. Obviously, what guy wouldn’t want an edge in that department. My P.E. has seriously improved, but it’s obviously better when I drink. At this point, looking for a slight edge in E.Q. and lasting longer sober. She’s not complaining though. I’m well endowed, but if that DHT gel is real, I’d be walking around with a weapon at this point. People claimed growing an inch or two from that LOL. My total T was 470 last time I checked, I heard Testosterone can improve the strength of the pelvic floor muscles. So maybe that is the missing link for me. Sorry to the thread contributors if I deviated off topic, LOL. This forum is a real brotherhood

What’s helped you with PE the most? Same as you; last longer with alcohol. Best EQ while severely hung over - go figure. Also same testosterone: upper 400s.