Who Has Used Or Is Using DHT?

paymanz

in ray's article about youth hormones he mentiones pregnenolone,progestrone and DHEA,but from what haidut said in one of above post it seems like he changed DHEA with DHT!
He said once it's second only to progesterone on his list and for some people it is perhaps even more beneficial
or maybe not,DHEA is still the youth hormone but DHT has its own therapeutic uses.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
in ray's article about youthful hormones he mentiones pregnenolone,progestrone and DHEA,but from what haidut said in one of above post it seems like he changed DHEA with DHT!

or maybe not,DHEA is still the youth hormone but DHT has its own therapeutic uses.

Note that he does not recommend taking DHEA anymore. He takes it himseld and comments on optimal doses IF you decide to take it but does not recommend it for supplementation like pregnenolone and progesterone. I have asked him specifically about this and he said that DHT is much lower risk than DHEA.

Rand56

I just realized how challenging it is to find a place that will test for Estrone Sulfate. Both Quest and LabCorp have a code for it, but nobody sells it as far as I can tell. Earlier this year I had this panel done by LEF, which is pretty nice, but it just has the unsulfated version of estrone. You can also buy E1 separate for $35.
Female Hormone Replacement Panel Blood Test

Prolactin is cheapest at privatemdlabs.com and they have an email with %15 off that comes out every month. I typically do most of my work with them.

@Dan Wich you have anything over at testproviders.com for E1S? @haidut where have you seen or had this test done before?

Thanks for this info Nathan!

paymanz

Note that he does not recommend taking DHEA anymore. He takes it himseld and comments on optimal doses IF you decide to take it but does not recommend it for supplementation like pregnenolone and progesterone. I have asked him specifically about this and he said that DHT is much lower risk than DHEA.
Oh thanks again.I wasn't aware of that at all.

Koveras

nice,thanks for update.but i just wondering how it can make balls bigger, because TRT should usually reduce testicle size as it lower the load on them.maybe DHT act different than testosterone in that regard.can you please tell what product you using?

Androgens can stimulate spermatogenesis through the activation of androgen receptors in the testes, but often the effect of exogenous (external) androgens is a net negative on sperm production and teste size because they suppress the natural HPTA axis (and gonadotropin/LH/FSH secretion) and related to that, lower intra-testicular testosterone levels relative to normal.

Non-suppressive (low) doses of certain synthetic steroids such as the DHT derivative mesterolone can have a net positive on sperm production. DHT derivatives are also less likely to be suppressive since they cannot aromatize to estrogen. The same is likely true for non-suppressive doses of natural DHT. Higher doses of any androgens are likely to suppress the gonadotropins and reduce teste size.

"Great interest, therefore, was aroused by the synthesis of mesterolone, 1-methyl-5a-dihydrotestosterone. As synthetic androgens go, mesterolone proved to be rather weak, but it has the surprising and unique property that, at a dosage sufficient to produce androgenic stimulation of peripheral target tissues, it has little or no effect on gonadotrophin secretion. This is the rationale for using it alone in the treatment of defective spermatogenesis, despite the fact that other androgens have repeatedly been shown to suppress spermatogenesis. "

Recent advances in the treatment of male sub-fertility

raypeatclips

Body hair, especially excess hair on chest is estrogen drive. Very often you will see older males with hairy chest but smooth legs and calves. Hair on lower part of legs is more reliable measure of DHT levels.

@haidut So for a young male that has "excess" body hair (basically everywhere.) that developed at a very early age. Would you expect supplementation of DHT to reduce the body hair, as estrogen drops? Or once it is there, is it there, despite estrogen levels?

Thanks!

paymanz

Androgens can stimulate spermatogenesis through the activation of androgen receptors in the testes, but often the effect of exogenous (external) androgens is a net negative on sperm production and teste size because they suppress the natural HPTA axis (and gonadotropin/LH/FSH secretion) and related to that, lower intra-testicular testosterone levels relative to normal.

Non-suppressive (low) doses of certain synthetic steroids such as the DHT derivative mesterolone can have a net positive on sperm production. DHT derivatives are also less likely to be suppressive since they cannot aromatize to estrogen. The same is likely true for non-suppressive doses of natural DHT. Higher doses of any androgens are likely to suppress the gonadotropins and reduce teste size.

"Great interest, therefore, was aroused by the synthesis of mesterolone, 1-methyl-5a-dihydrotestosterone. As synthetic androgens go, mesterolone proved to be rather weak, but it has the surprising and unique property that, at a dosage sufficient to produce androgenic stimulation of peripheral target tissues, it has little or no effect on gonadotrophin secretion. This is the rationale for using it alone in the treatment of defective spermatogenesis, despite the fact that other androgens have repeatedly been shown to suppress spermatogenesis. "

Recent advances in the treatment of male sub-fertility
That low dose none suppressive DHT makes sense.

I'm also interest in letrozole.letro also increases DHT.

paymanz

Don't remember where I read it,estrogen unlike T can cross blood brain barrier and in brain it acts like testosterone.with that it has a feedback mechanism.higher T level = higher E ,so when estrogen is high brain lowers T production as brain feels that it has enough\high T.

Suikerbuik

Despite a bit off topic maybe, careful with letro paymanz, if you try it. The stuff is strong, and maybe those research chemicals contain impurities.

jitsmonkey

when someone is taking low dose dht are the effects typically noted as cumulative as its taken over time. ie. estrogen suppression, mood improvements, libido, etc?
or is it something that is typically noticed quickly after beginning the dosing?

NathanK

Don't remember where I read it,estrogen unlike T can cross blood brain barrier and in brain it acts like testosterone.with that it has a feedback mechanism.higher T level = higher E ,so when estrogen is high brain lowers T production as brain feels that it has enough\high T.
How clomiphene works is by suppressing hypothalamic estrogen, which then raises LH that stimulates leydig cells in the testes to produce testosterone. So estrogen in the brain def plays a part.
when someone is taking low dose dht are the effects typically noted as cumulative as its taken over time. ie. estrogen suppression, mood improvements, libido, etc? or is it something that is typically noticed quickly after beginning the dosing?
You have to experiment and be careful with any hormones. You will prob have both short and long term effects.

Word to the wise, I would take a tip from bodybuilders, who have been experimenting with exogenous hormones extensively the past 50 years, and cycle 6-8 weeks at a time. Our bodies have an amazing way of adapting to find homeostasis. You dont want it to settle on the side of you needing to supplement the rest of your life.

Koveras

That low dose none suppressive DHT makes sense.

I'm also interest in letrozole.letro also increases DHT.

Despite a bit off topic maybe, careful with letro paymanz, if you try it. The stuff is strong, and maybe those research chemicals contain impurities.

I would second the caution with letrozole. Very powerful aromatase inhibitor and I don't know that its full effect on the entire steroid/neurosteroid pathway is well characterized. Many report low/absent libido even on low doses, despite seemingly positive hormonal changes.

thyrulian

I would second the caution with letrozole. Very powerful aromatase inhibitor and I don't know that its full effect on the entire steroid/neurosteroid pathway is well characterized. Many report low/absent libido even on low doses, despite seemingly positive hormonal changes.
I guess a sudden reduction in monoamines would be the most plausible explanation for that.

Might explain why my mood improvements are so erratic with simultaneous 11-keto DHT & Ritanserin experimentation.

acrylic

Do you know why he thinks that DHEA is unsafe? It seems like the DHEA in DMSO that you have in pansterone is safe in 2-6 drop doses--did you get any feedback on the pansterone dosage from him? Do you think that potentiation caused by DMSO makes DHEA particularly troublesome?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals