Who Feels Euphoric The Day After Alcohol? (Alcohol Afterglow)

koreus

Me. For me a hangover at 22 was all the pro GABA, pro Dopamine effects without the lack of coordination and no sick feeling. The only downside was I would crash in the afternoon and need to sleep.

I get this too, I used to sometimes deliberately drink the night before if I knew I needed to be alert and happy the next morning. I usually wake at around 6 or 7am the morning after heavy intoxification, so that was also useful. Better than waking up late, depressed and groggy after terrible dreams. The only problem was it didn't last too long past lunchtime.

There was an interesting reply by a "Dillon Maher" on that video you posted, suggesting ways to replicate the effect without alcohol:

Dillon Maher said:
Do some research on overmethylation or histapenia (low histamine). I have a somewhat identical experience to yourself and accidentally stumbled on the idea of overmethylation. Of Lucas’s list it is probably the easiest to correct if you begin to understand it.

Since then I have had a blood test to confirm low total histamine count which indicates theres low histamine in the brain however it is possible to have low brain histamine but normal total histamine levels so a “normal” reading can be misleading.

Blood test also confirmed very low basophil count. If confirmed, next you need to begin to get your methylation status under control. Firstly get yourself a 400-1000 mcg methylated folic acid or methyl folate, Solgar do a decent one. Do not go for the 15 mg version, there is little evidence on the impact of a dose that high and it is unnecessary.

Next you would benefit from a methylated B-Complex, B2, B12 and B6 most notably. Following ingesting methylated folate you may experience sluggishness and skin irritation for roughly 1-2 weeks as I did, this will pass.

Next thing you need to do is get something to soak up excess methyl groups in the blood, creatine monohydrate does this very well. It is an incredibly robust supplement that can be beneficial in more than just methylation, and is very cost effective. The creatine monohydrate is what I notice makes the most amount of difference. If I run out of creatine or methyl folate I notice a steady decline in energy and mood within about a week.

This is what has helped me and its taken me a while to figure it out, hopefully it can help you too.

redsun

I get this too, I used to sometimes deliberately drink the night before if I knew I needed to be alert and happy the next morning. I usually wake at around 6 or 7am the morning after heavy intoxification, so that was also useful. Better than waking up late, depressed and groggy after terrible dreams. The only problem was it didn't last too long past lunchtime.

There was an interesting reply by a "Dillon Maher" on that video you posted, suggesting ways to replicate the effect without alcohol:

Interesting but methylated vitamins would not reduce "overmethylation" but probably increase it. And creatine is thought to spare methyl groups for other reactions not soak them up since one of the primary things methylation synthesizes is creatine but there are some studies indicating it might not affect it.

Folate is supposed to help histidine retention and histamine activity so there's that. I think this user is getting energy benefits from methylated B vitamins and the creatine (which for sure will help energy), is not actually reducing methylation which sounds like what he said he wanted to do.

equipoise

Ever since I started incorporating Energin from IdeaLabs into my routine, bam, no hangovers again. I think that makes it even worse for me, as I like alcohol almost as much as my mother. It is insanely soothing to the mind, creativity, strength, etc.

No substance comes close to that of ethanol.

Granted, I gained weight (which I don't mind cause I work a heavy duty labour type job), but my hairline definitely improved because of the upped calories.

Appetite on alcohol is also pretty sick, easily banging 6k calories every day. I also make sure to follow the guidlines for the calcium etc. Constantly eat gelatine in form of some nice beef broth...

Btw. ever since upping salt my need to urinate has seriously diminished. I fell into a low salt hole back in 2013 when I was looking to get shredded and reduce the facial bloat (I should note that at the time I was extremely mentally unstable, my bipolar was really awful). So in retrospective it was more of a body dysmorphia because I was a fat kid, then I lost weight and I became attractive (because I actually always had above average bones).

So yeah, if you don't urinate too much while drinking alcohol, I think it's actually pretty safe (not sure about long term).

Definitely feels cleaner and 10 times better than the oh-so-popular cannabis.

Coffee, beer, meat, potatoes, milk are the ultimate food

koreus

People in the comments of the video are talking about 'over-methylation' i.e histapenia, low histamine and experiencing the alcohol afterglow while in the video the guy says people with under-methylation are likely to experience the afterglow, not the other way around. I get the afterglow and would personally rate myself as under-methylating and high histamine, obsessive, perfectionist, long fingers and toes, lots of saliva and mucus, chronic inflammation etc.

Perhaps given the contradictory experiences it is not a factor.

redsun

People in the comments of the video are talking about 'over-methylation' i.e histapenia, low histamine and experiencing the alcohol afterglow while in the video the guy says people with under-methylation are likely to experience the afterglow, not the other way around. I get the afterglow and would personally rate myself as under-methylating and high histamine, obsessive, perfectionist, long fingers and toes, lots of saliva and mucus, chronic inflammation etc.

Perhaps given the contradictory experiences it is not a factor.

It is as you say. They have it the wrong way around.

HeyThere

I'm confused on your finding. Please tell me in easy vocabulary what this means.

I thought I was alone that back when I was drinking I'd feel NORMAL the day after drinking like a fish (whisky). Never had a typical hangover, sometimes felt groggy, but usually felt clear headed, even after a night of hideous insomnia!! I do have lifelong "histamine issues" which I wonder if it's solely related to my Salicylate Sensitivity or not. Not sure where that fits into this particular alcohol puzzle.

P

pineywoodrooter

Same thing happens to me. I feel more calm and relaxed the morning after drinking. It usually wears off around noon though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals