Who else is limiting phosphorus? Not just for CKD anymore

“When I was in my 40s a doctor friend mentioned (it was summer and I had my shirt off; I stopped consulting doctors at an early age) that one of my moles looked like melanoma; I found that correcting my hormones corrected that one; another doctor a few years later warned me about one on my arm, and adjusting hormones again eliminated it; every few years a mole would start growing and changing quickly, and they always disappeared with more thyroid, etc. It took me a long time to figure out the role of phosphate in cancer." -Ray Peat

LucyL

Fortified Oatmeal - 10% Calcium in 43g serving.
1664220723421.png

Non-fortified oatmeal Calcium 26mg - 2% per 50g serving
1664220799416.png

But also non-fortified Oatmeal, Calcium 0g (0%) for 40g serving.
1664220839443.png

In conclusion - fortified oatmeal will obviously have high calcium content. Otherwise, who knows?

RealNeat

I've ended up with low phosphorus before, to the extent the er gave me a phosphorus supplement to take. Idk this peat diet has some serious flaws imo.
I think it's next to impossible to have low phosphate in a Peat inspired diet. If you eat liver, oysters, eggs and milk how is low phosphorus possible? Sounds more like a kidney issues on your part. I'm not gas lighting, if you have a story/ context about it I'd love to hear it.

RealNeat

“When I was in my 40s a doctor friend mentioned (it was summer and I had my shirt off; I stopped consulting doctors at an early age) that one of my moles looked like melanoma; I found that correcting my hormones corrected that one; another doctor a few years later warned me about one on my arm, and adjusting hormones again eliminated it; every few years a mole would start growing and changing quickly, and they always disappeared with more thyroid, etc. It took me a long time to figure out the role of phosphate in cancer." -Ray Peat
I'm not following this one. Is he referring to PTH? At first he's talking about hormone balancing and thyroid helping, then he jumps to phosphate. Is there more to this quote I'm missing?

I think it's next to impossible to have low phosphate in a Peat inspired diet. If you eat liver, oysters, eggs and milk how is low phosphorus possible? Sounds more like a kidney issues on your part. I'm not gas lighting, if you have a story/ context about it I'd love to hear it.
I don’t think, from a Ray Peat perspective, low phosphate is the point as much as it is phosphate to calcium ratio. Dairy is balanced. People who eat beans, grains and nuts , but no dairy are eating their way into all kinds of health issues.

aniciete

Can’t say I ever noticed many benefits of pushing my calcium:phosphorus ratio higher and higher. I personally feel better eating all types of foods rather than restricting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals