Who Are The "peatarian" Doctors We Can Turn To For Extra Help

Watubi

As a diabetic I have been strictly Peating for about two months. I had been strictly keto for about a year prior to going Peat. Over the past two months on peat my blood sugar has gone up about 100 points (from 180 to 280). I am not one to seek medical help first (unless urgent care is needed of course). I would rather study, ponder, pray and test my findings by living the science and following up with blood tests to clarify the best approach moving forward. I plan to get my next series of tests at the 3 month mark. So given the rise in blood sugar in spite of my strict adherence to the Peating way I think I may need some extra help. So are there educated peatarian doctors we can consult with that aren't going to push the 'standard of care' religion of patient pharmaceutical deficiency as the principal solution for every identifiable symptom? I believe in the well documented science Dr. Ray Peat has presented and his clearly stated position in addressing the underlying cause (rather than only treating the symptoms). I hope to find doctors who feel the same way. Does anyone have a list of doctors they would recommend?

Thank you in advance.

Hildy

Doctors will not nor can not help you. You have to be your own advocate and research for yourself to come to your own conclusions as how to proceed.

Noodlz2

Andrew Murray from who hosts the KMUD interviews is responsive and is probably pretty knowledgeable at this point. His contact info is in some of the interviews. Their sales email is on their website. Western Botanical Consultations

lampofred

I think your best bet would be some Peat inspired coaches like Danny Roddy or Kate Deering or Josh Rubin at EastWest but no licensed doctors unfortunately. Also Andrew Murray as mentioned above.

I think blood sugar will rise at first but as long as lipolysis is kept down with daily niacinamide and aspirin, never getting hypoglycemic by eating lots of sugar and completely avoiding PUFA, and getting calcium and vitamin K and coffee, I think it will go down. That's what happened to me.

Disclaimer: this is not medical advice. just sharing personal experience.

OP
Watubi

Watubi

Andrew Murray from who hosts the KMUD interviews is responsive and is probably pretty knowledgeable at this point. His contact info is in some of the interviews. Their sales email is on their website. Western Botanical Consultations
I have contacted Dr. Murray today and will start working with him. He is pretty impressive. Thank you for the advice.

As a diabetic I have been strictly Peating for about two months. I had been strictly keto for about a year prior to going Peat. Over the past two months on peat my blood sugar has gone up about 100 points (from 180 to 280). I am not one to seek medical help first (unless urgent care is needed of course). I would rather study, ponder, pray and test my findings by living the science and following up with blood tests to clarify the best approach moving forward. I plan to get my next series of tests at the 3 month mark. So given the rise in blood sugar in spite of my strict adherence to the Peating way I think I may need some extra help. So are there educated peatarian doctors we can consult with that aren't going to push the 'standard of care' religion of patient pharmaceutical deficiency as the principal solution for every identifiable symptom? I believe in the well documented science Dr. Ray Peat has presented and his clearly stated position in addressing the underlying cause (rather than only treating the symptoms). I hope to find doctors who feel the same way. Does anyone have a list of doctors they would recommend?

Thank you in advance.

How did you felt on Keto?Is Peat-like-diet helping at all?
Im still not convinced on the benefits of the Milg,the OJ,the coffee protocol.
He is right on a couple of things,but foodchoices,uuhhh

mostlylurking

Read all you can find that Dr. Peat has written on niacinamide. This compilation is helpful: Ray Peat, PhD Quotes on Therapeutic Effects of Niacinamide – Functional Performance Systems (FPS) Also read up on thiamine, see this search: Google Custom Search This one stands out:
Glucose and sucrose for diabetes.
raypeat.com/articles/articles/glucose-sucrose-diabetes.shtml
The supplements that most often help to correct diabetes-like conditions are niacinamide, thiamine, thyroid, and progesterone or pregnenolone. Vitamins D and ...

I've been following Dr. Peat's advice on diet and food choices for 5 years. I was at the complete incapacitation stage of rheumatoid arthritis when I started; the RA is in remission now and I function better that I have in over 20 years. So I think Dr. Peat's food choices are spot on.

Have you addressed hypothyroidism? Dr. Peat has written that all diabetics are hypothyroid. Read up on hypothyroidism via this search: Google Custom Search

Dennis

I have contacted Dr. Murray today and will start working with him. He is pretty impressive. Thank you for the advice.
If you are working with Dr. Murray, what is your experience so far in being treated by Murray?

yerrag

I wonder if Dr. Gershom Zajicek does consulting work, although I doubt he does. Ray Peat has mentioned of him a few times.

He has a Youtube channel and in one of his videos, he talks about how he would go about curing type I diabetes, on the idea that the pancreatic beta cells can be made by encouraging differentiation from stem cells using sugar. He talks about a protocol for doing that.

in the philippines i think the most open minded about thyroid treamtents are "functional medicine " doctors

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals