White Tongue

rayban

I would pay big money to whoever can find a way to solve these white spots, not my picture but similar, the white things turn red ish sometimes, eventually after like 3 or 4 weeks it changes places. Right side of the tongue, where its cracked as opposed to left which is normal. Also front border of the tongue. And overall white coating of the tongue. I also have a bald area on the tongue. I have more than 400 daily pics and you can see the changes sometimes daily. My tongue is on discomfort most of the time on the right side.

Does anyone know how to transform a gnarly white coated tongue to a nice healthy pink tongue? It seems like no one has the answer.

It would be great to hear from anyone who has actually done this or from anyone that has noticed things (diets, foods, times, combination of foods etc. ) that affect the gnarliness and whiteness/pinkness of their tongue.

"Local bacteria are usually involved in the white tongue, but typically the problem is mainly in the intestine. I have experimented with the old-fashioned "intestinal disinfectant" camphoric acid (it used to be a common pharmaceutical, 80 to 100 years ago), and when I would swallow about 100 to 200 mg of it in the evening, I would wake up with a perfectly clean tongue, not a bit of the white. Bamboo shoots, raw carrot, and flowers of sulfur are other antiseptics that can reduce the white tongue." -Ray Peat e-mail exchange

rayban

"Local bacteria are usually involved in the white tongue, but typically the problem is mainly in the intestine. I have experimented with the old-fashioned "intestinal disinfectant" camphoric acid (it used to be a common pharmaceutical, 80 to 100 years ago), and when I would swallow about 100 to 200 mg of it in the evening, I would wake up with a perfectly clean tongue, not a bit of the white. Bamboo shoots, raw carrot, and flowers of sulfur are other antiseptics that can reduce the white tongue." -Ray Peat e-mail exchange
I tried eating a raw carrot the other day, it felt too satiating and overall not too good. Not sure I would want to do that daily tbh

I tried eating a raw carrot the other day, it felt too satiating and overall not too good. Not sure I would want to do that daily tbh

It isn't suppose to be satiating. You eat it 2 hours away from food to kill bacteria in your gut. It isn't suppose to feel good, it is suppose to kill bad stuff.

rayban

It isn't suppose to be satiating. You eat it 2 hours away from food to kill bacteria in your gut. It isn't suppose to feel good, it is suppose to kill bad stuff.
I ate it 2 hours after eating. It was satiating, but by dinner time I was able to eat normally. Im not sure about eating it daily tho. You also need some bacteria in the gut. I think I will not start until I have some stool samples just like I wouldn't take anti or probiotics before I get a better idea of what the situation really is.

I ate it 2 hours after eating. It was satiating, but by dinner time I was able to eat normally. Im not sure about eating it daily tho. You also need some bacteria in the gut. I think I will not start until I have some stool samples just like I wouldn't take anti or probiotics before I get a better idea of what the situation really is.

Sounds about right :)

akgrrrl

I thought that cleaning the tongue was no different than cleaning ones teeth. My tongue has been clean and pink my whole life so this whole thread is puzzling. I have a toothbrush, and I have a tongue scraper. I can even get a cheap plastic one from the dentist checkup goodiebag every 6months. Yuck who would let layers of food and bacteria layer up on their tongue yikes.

Ben.

I thought that cleaning the tongue was no different than cleaning ones teeth. My tongue has been clean and pink my whole life so this whole thread is puzzling. I have a toothbrush, and I have a tongue scraper. I can even get a cheap plastic one from the dentist checkup goodiebag every 6months. Yuck who would let layers of food and bacteria layer up on their tongue yikes.

Sorry but i have this chronically for years and i scrape off layers of white and yellowish goo of my tongue and brush with a copper tongue scratcher everyday. Its disgusting.

I've trown all kind of things at my oral flora. Its not a hygiene issue. I am pretty sure its a issue with the stomache/digestive organs. And/or a systemic issue compromising the immunity.

I'd kill to have a pinkish healthy tongue and pinkish gums and oral mucosa membranes. I am confident that it correlates to all other health issues i have.

akgrrrl

Sorry but i have this chronically for years and i scrape off layers of white and yellowish goo of my tongue and brush with a copper tongue scratcher everyday. Its disgusting.

I've trown all kind of things at my oral flora. Its not a hygiene issue. I am pretty sure its a issue with the stomache/digestive organs. And/or a systemic issue compromising the immunity.

I'd kill to have a pinkish healthy tongue and pinkish gums and oral mucosa membranes. I am confident that it correlates to all other health issues i have.
Wow. I could not imagine that. Here I thought I was flouting the dental system by never ever flossing. I use high quality clove oil on baking soda on a toothbrush,(sometimes peppermint) and not a tongue scratcher or brush, but a scraper that gets it all off. The hygienist says I never have plaque and she cant believe I dont floss. Why would the papillae accrue bacteria and material on the tongue because of gut works? I hear you, but how do you arrive at that, what is it called?

Ben.

Wow. I could not imagine that. Here I thought I was flouting the dental system by never ever flossing. I use high quality clove oil on baking soda on a toothbrush,(sometimes peppermint) and not a tongue scratcher or brush, but a scraper that gets it all off. The hygienist says I never have plaque and she cant believe I dont floss. Why would the papillae accrue bacteria and material on the tongue because of gut works? I hear you, but how do you arrive at that, what is it called?

Yes, i was already very grateful for your recommendation of clove oil/peppermint oil in another threat. Very great tools. I have the young living clove oil here but benefits from it stopped working within 2-3 days sadly. Haven't tried ingesting it however. At first it seemed to make a difference in my oral health.

In order to stop the gum receeding that started around a year ago i swish my mouth regulary with xylit, calcium lactate and arginin. Was thinking about zinc but the toothpaste already has it and to much can cause damage. At times i did it 3-5 times a day.

I think the major deal is food sitting far to long in the stomache and bacteria/fungi growing and traveling up esophagus. Why idont know. Probably a gallbladder/bile sort of issue and/or stomache acid thing. Why that is again idk. gallbladder/liver stones, lack of b-vitamins (thiamin?), impaired assimilation, parasites, ph issue, muscular restriction, gut dysbiosis, nervous system impairment ... the potential reasons are endless.

The coating and goo on the tongue is the worst when i eat big meals. Most often when its wheat or milk. I don't think the coating itself is a huge deal, its simply a symptom. But its disgusting and i woudn't want to kiss anyone with that mouth. Certain restrictive diets can help to reduce the coating but they all lead to deficiency symptoms.

I am a special horror story case however, chronic systemic inflammation, chronic inflamation of the gums and oral mucosa (back of the throat), tinnitus, chronic inflammed elbow pain, inflammed collon, slugish blood, hydration issues, cold extremeties, mental fatigue, weak immune system, heart racing etc.
Fungal/bacteria overgrowth and a coated tongue just seems like a normal downstream consequence from all of that.

Currently i upped my iodid (lugol's) intake. I feel like its helping. My gums feel healthier. Altough at first it induced body wide coldness.

aliml

Organ-layout-of-tongue-regions.png

Ben.

aliml

Damn... looks like all my organs are failing. :lol:
A whitish tongue indicates a thick blood and mucus accumulation. Give your body a break for 5-7 days from heavy foods, like red meat, dairy, cheese, bread, pasta, refined flours, sugar and increase the intake of legumes and cooked greens like collards, kale, spinach, chard, and cabbage along with some spices like ginger, cumin, cilantro, and parsley.

Ben.

A whitish tongue indicates a thick blood and mucus accumulation. Give your body a break for 5-7 days from heavy foods, like red meat, dairy, cheese, bread, pasta, refined flours, sugar and increase the intake of legumes and cooked greens like collards, kale, spinach, chard, and cabbage along with some spices like ginger, cumin, cilantro, and parsley.

I appreaciate the recommendation, i was thinking about introducing more beans/legumes to bind bile. If it is realy stones however the correct thing to do would be to drink applecider vinegar and lemon juice regulary.

The ironic thing, a vegetable and legume heavy diet was the very thing that messed up my digestion in the first place in early 2019. I stopped being able to digest nuts, vegetables and cellulose precicely because i ate them in big quantities (tried out veganism at the time for a few months). Perhaps it messed up the gut biome and irritated me with all the antinutrients. Thats when tongue, teeth and hair issues started to become chronic too.

Digestion hasn't been the same ever since and i started to became chronicly underweight.

aliml

I was thinking about introducing more beans/legumes to bind bile. If it is realy stones however the correct thing to do would be to drink applecider vinegar and lemon juice regulary.
Regular drinking of vinegar/lemon juice (with honey) also reduces phlegm/mucus (white tongue).

akgrrrl

Holy cow Ben. You have a lot on your,uh, plate. Cutting thru that mucus first of all but just dealing with symptoms sheesh! Hot water with lemon upon arising, fresh ground ginger in hot water and other cleansers all day long, making sure that digestion is not diluted by drinking, and just keeping track of it all what a job. You are in the right place, and clearly trying and applying what you are learning. My thoughts are with you for good outcomes.

Ben.

Holy cow Ben. You have a lot on your,uh, plate. Cutting thru that mucus first of all but just dealing with symptoms sheesh! Hot water with lemon upon arising, fresh ground ginger in hot water and other cleansers all day long, making sure that digestion is not diluted by drinking, and just keeping track of it all what a job. You are in the right place, and clearly trying and applying what you are learning. My thoughts are with you for good outcomes.

Awhh thanks akgrrrl. Your kind words are much appreaciated.

rayban

Organ-layout-of-tongue-regions.png

View: https://imgur.com/a/wCXXwLn

Im taking daily pics since october, my tongue is not only white coated but geograpical tongue too. I would pay lots of money to find a way to fix this. Im already going to spend a lot on stool samples and other stuff. The white coat was there for years but the marks started around summer. On the bald patch there was a bulbeous whiteish thing, then it clared and left the bald patch. White stuff on the right and front border appear and disappear sometimes are red, takes around 3 to 4 weeks, shapes change sometimes on the same day. Im a bit constipated, dont go daily to wc but ive read im on the average normal of 1-3 days. I dont drink or smoke. Diet is mediterranean diet with decent stuff. I dream with waking up with a clean tongue.

aliml

Im taking daily pics since october, my tongue is not only white coated but geograpical tongue too. I would pay lots of money to find a way to fix this. Im already going to spend a lot on stool samples and other stuff. The white coat was there for years but the marks started around summer. On the bald patch there was a bulbeous whiteish thing, then it clared and left the bald patch. White stuff on the right and front border appear and disappear sometimes are red, takes around 3 to 4 weeks, shapes change sometimes on the same day. Im a bit constipated, dont go daily to wc but ive read im on the average normal of 1-3 days. I dont drink or smoke. Diet is mediterranean diet with decent stuff. I dream with waking up with a clean tongue.
I do not specialize but you have to treat your constipation to make your tongue normal. It is best to go to an Ayurvedic health center.
Tongue reflects condition of internal organs, and constipation causes accumulation of toxins and increased heat, especially in liver.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals