White sweet potatoes

Josh

I've always limited Normal sweet potatoes due to the high beta carotene, what about WHITE sweet potatoes, any good?

I'm not asking about the starch side of things, I have no problem with starch

I love white sweet potatoes and ate them regularly thinking I was doing good avoiding the beta carotene from the orange ones. I dropped them when I learned aren't good for thyroid function.

"Goitrogenic foods include (1) cruciferous vegetables (i.e., broccoli, kale, and cabbage) that contain thioglucosides, which are metabolized to thiocyanates and inhibit iodine uptake from the thyroid gland, (2) sweet potatoes, cassava, and lima beans, which contain cyanogenic glucosides that may be metabolized into thiocyanates as well, and (3) soy products and millet, which contain flavonoids, believed to have “antithyroid” activity via thyroperoxidase inhibition (it is not clear whether it is soy/millet flavonoids that exert this activity or all flavonoids), contributing to the genesis of endemic goiter."

OP
J

Josh

I love white sweet potatoes and ate them regularly thinking I was doing good avoiding the beta carotene from the orange ones. I dropped them when I learned aren't good for thyroid function.

"Goitrogenic foods include (1) cruciferous vegetables (i.e., broccoli, kale, and cabbage) that contain thioglucosides, which are metabolized to thiocyanates and inhibit iodine uptake from the thyroid gland, (2) sweet potatoes, cassava, and lima beans, which contain cyanogenic glucosides that may be metabolized into thiocyanates as well, and (3) soy products and millet, which contain flavonoids, believed to have “antithyroid” activity via thyroperoxidase inhibition (it is not clear whether it is soy/millet flavonoids that exert this activity or all flavonoids), contributing to the genesis of endemic goiter."
Great, thank you :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals