White spots nails

equipoise

Do we have a conclusive evidence what causes them? My diet is on point really, nothing is lacking here. They come and go, had them 6 months ago, then they cleared up, then they re appear all of a sudden. I've heard Danny Roddy say he has heard its Zn deficiency, but he's also not sure.

PaRa

I would say low zinc too, since I have more beef and the occasionnal Zinc pill they never came back

P

Peatness

Thin, brittle or slow growing nails can indicate malabsorption, low stomach acid, and a low nutrient diet. If this is you, it may be time to focus on increasing your digestion and getting your nutritional debt under control before other health conditions are able to develop.

White spots on nails are usually indicative of low zinc status (and low stomach acid due to zinc as precursor). According to Dr. Ray Peat,”White stripes across the finger-nails, especially on the right hand, seem to represent a zinc deficiency. Menstruation can cause loss of zinc, so that some women have five or six spots evenly spaced up the length of the nail, representing about six months’ growth.” A zinc deficiency doesn’t mean you need a zinc supplement, but more a sign of a poor diet and/or weak digestive juices due to slowed metabolism.

Vertical ridges on the nails are a sign of amino acid deficiency. This could happen if your diet is low in protein (especially animal proteins) or if you have weak digestive juices that are not allowing you to fully absorb the nutrients you eat! Making sure to get enough easy to digest protein is key.

Horizontal lines can be indicative of a mineral deficiency. Increasing your intake of fruit, vegetables and bone broth are a great way to boost mineral intake in your diet.

Yellow nails can be a sign of respiratory disease.

Spooning nails are often a sign of iron deficiency anemia or hemochromatosis.

Indentations across the nails can be a sign of severe or chronic illness, often called Beau’s lines.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals