• Yes

Votes: 90 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 33 25.2%

• Total voters

blueorca

I have digestive issues and white rice is one of the few foods i can eat with no problem whatsoever. Even with just coconut oil on it, it digests well for me

Arnold Grape

Do you do coffee? Carrots? Magnesium?
Yes, the rice I was eating with a copious amount of butter; sometimes I would prepare this with a bone broth soup that I would have together. The carrot salads have been good for me lately, specifically with coconut oil and vinegar, so that was not helping matters. I also take magnet bicarbonate at least two times weekly. Still, experienced what it feels like to be “impacted” for the first time in my life.

jaminhealth

Ox bile and aloe vera softgels can keep things moving better, but I still avoid many white foods.

Yes, the rice I was eating with a copious amount of butter; sometimes I would prepare this with a bone broth soup that I would have together. The carrot salads have been good for me lately, specifically with coconut oil and vinegar, so that was not helping matters. I also take magnet bicarbonate at least two times weekly. Still, experienced what it feels like to be “impacted” for the first time in my life.

Potassium stimulates peristalsis. Find things that stimulate peristalsis.

As an ad-hoc measure, you can do an Ascorbic Acid flush.

milkboi

Anyone knows how much PUFA there is in 100g of uncooked rice? Some sources say up to almost 1g, I hope that's not true.

berk

Anyone knows how much PUFA there is in 100g of uncooked rice? Some sources say up to almost 1g, I hope that's not true.
0.2 g

K

Kratos

I see white rice in the same category as sugar. Should be an occasional treat. Both lacking in micronutrients and high in simple carbohydrates that cause you to deplete micronutrients faster - it shouldn’t be a staple of any heath focused diet, lest you’ll quickly run into micronutrient deficiencies.

So eating a lot of white rice drains nutrients?

It also tastes sort of empty. Refined wheat has more flavor. I like bread and noodles more.
Rice is nice in some dishes though, Nepalese cuisine for example.
I digest both rice and wheat well.

berk

I see white rice in the same category as sugar. Should be an occasional treat. Both lacking in micronutrients and high in simple carbohydrates that cause you to deplete micronutrients faster - it shouldn’t be a staple of any heath focused diet, lest you’ll quickly run into micronutrient deficiencies.
so tell me how this works in your head... why is every amateur and professional athlete on the world eating loads of rice then?
Do you also have study's? (every-time i ask for this about your nonsense, you ignoring me. i am so tired about you bull**** every time.)

Ableton

so tell me, why is every amateur and professional athlete on the world eating loads of rice then?
They don’t anymore. We had one guy here saying he works in professional sports and since his clients eat more fruit and less starches they are less prone to injuries. Rice is just an easy way to get easily digestible cal. It’s probably ideal in the short run, but not in the long run

berk

They don’t anymore. We had one guy here saying he works in professional sports and since his clients eat more fruit and less starches they are less prone to injuries. Rice is just an easy way to get easily digestible cal. It’s probably ideal in the short run, but not in the long run
wow one guy...

Ableton

wow one guy...
Look at any food documentary of good sports teams and their buffets are full with nutrient dense foods like veggies, fruit, meats. The pasta and rice days are over. They are eaten, but are not the core of sports diets anymore.
They are convenient, since eating 1 plate fuels you up for the next session. But so do 2-3 plates of those buffets, with significantly less inflammation.
There are documentaries for the patriots and liverpool fc I think, they might be in german tho

Gone Peating

Look at any food documentary of good sports teams and their buffets are full with nutrient dense foods like veggies, fruit, meats. The pasta and rice days are over. They are eaten, but are not the core of sports diets anymore.
They are convenient, since eating 1 plate fuels you up for the next session. But so do 2-3 plates of those buffets, with significantly less inflammation.
There are documentaries for the patriots and liverpool fc I think, they might be in german tho

Injuries in professional sports seem to be on the rise to me. People didn’t use to tear their acls and have these horrible injuries as often as they do now

Also, veggies are not nutrient dense except for potatoes

Ableton

Injuries in professional sports seem to be on the rise to me. People didn’t use to tear their acls and have these horrible injuries as often as they do now

Also, veggies are not nutrient dense except for potatoes
Not sure about injuries. What I think is safe to say that the lvl in basically every sports has increased. Only blind sport nostalgics deny this. Food is one aspect. Veggies are dense in micros