• Yes

Votes: 65 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 23 24.5%

• Total voters

ExCarniv

Yes, good source of energy and well digested for most people.

I switch my carbs between potatoes, sweet potatoes, squashes and white rice.

tankasnowgod

Not at the moment, as I'm trying very low to no starch, though I may bend that a little over the holiday season. When eating starches, yes, I do like White Rice.

boris

How do you cook it? 45 minutes to break down the starch like potatoes?

olive

I see white rice in the same category as sugar. Should be an occasional treat. Both lacking in micronutrients and high in simple carbohydrates that cause you to deplete micronutrients faster - it shouldn’t be a staple of any heath focused diet, lest you’ll quickly run into micronutrient deficiencies.

ExCarniv

I see white rice in the same category as sugar. Should be an occasional treat. Both lacking in micronutrients and high in simple carbohydrates that cause you to deplete micronutrients faster - it shouldn’t be a staple of any heath focused diet, lest you’ll quickly run into micronutrient deficiencies.

Not if you eat the rice with cooked fruit vegetables like zucchini, red bell pepper, tomatoes/tomato sauce etc

Add a fruit for dessert and of course protein and you have a complete nutrient meal.

berk

Not if you eat the rice with cooked fruit vegetables like zucchini, red bell pepper, tomatoes/tomato sauce etc

Add a fruit for dessert and of course protein and you have a complete nutrient meal.
or eat brown rice ;-)

jaminhealth

I have been avoiding WHITE foods for some time now. I do eat white rice when I have sushi but it's seldom more and more. I will buy brown rice sushi some times.

Jasjeet

I am of Indian heritage and eat white rice very often, as does my whole family. I need starch for energy and sound sleep, and, unfortunately, brown rice gives me severe digestion issues.

Summer

White rice was a staple of mine just because it is cheap and easy to prepare, but I suspect it was giving me digestive issue so I replaced it with sweet potatoes. It has only been a few days, I’m sick of sweet potatoes but if things clear up, it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make.

Oh, and I’ll also note that I’m trying to limit phytic acid, thus another reason I stopped eating the rice.

Always white rice. Sometime if i can get a partially hulled red rice.

Dont like brown rice. If i defecated the stool is undigested.

The best rice is long grain variety. Using the cup provided in the rice cooker = 2cups rice and 5cups water. So well cooked but not soggy. The key for rice not sticking on bottom of the cookware is not to remove the cover after its cooked. Wait 15mintues.

By the way different variety of rice has different levels of water.

Gl;itch.e

Tried Basmati rice last few days, at dinner very well cooked. Mixed with a fat source. Still leaves me a bit sluggish. Good to replenish muscle glycogen. Really keeps hunger at bay overnight.
You sound like you have slow digestion. White rice goes straight through me and I will typically be ready to eat again after a couple of hours.

jaminhealth

Isn't it white rice that people with Diarrhea are told to eat to bind them up. I find it binding for me..but a little now and then I can handle like the sushi or in some soups.

Arnold Grape

Isn't it white rice that people with Diarrhea are told to eat to bind them up. I find it binding for me..but a little now and then I can handle like the sushi or in some soups.
Same — I needed calories, so went back to white rice daily but could not go #2; the same thing happened with sour dough bread. Jfc: less and less there is to eat these days.

Absolutely. Most of my meals are a bowl of rice with some meat. Eating rice with your meal makes a pound of ground beef or a stew go much farther.

White rice is very affordable, easy to prepare, it keeps things simple -- and bonus: it stores extremely well.

Make sure you are cooking it well. I buy Lundberg White Long Grain variety, it isn't "enriched" with iron.

I think potatoes are a better starch, but rice is more convenient and cheaper.

Where do you get carbs if not from rice or sugar?