White Mushrooms causing dry/bloodshot eyes

aniciete

I’ve had white button mushrooms the last three days and every time I’ve woken up I have dry and irritated eyes. Has anybody else experienced this? I boiled them for 3 hours like Peat recommends so the toxins shouldn’t be an issue.

P

Peatness

I had mushrooms today and noticed the same. Not happened before.

ddjd

I’ve had white button mushrooms the last three days and every time I’ve woken up I have dry and irritated eyes. Has anybody else experienced this? I boiled them for 3 hours like Peat recommends so the toxins shouldn’t be an issue.
thats exactly the symptomn i get from excess estrogen. very odd

redsun

Have you tried again to see what happened? Not sure why this happens every time I eat white mushrooms.
It does lower estrogen which can lead to dry eyes sometimes but if your irritation feels like an allergy like irritation than I would say you are probably getting an allergic reaction.

OP
aniciete

aniciete

It does lower estrogen which can lead to dry eyes sometimes but if your irritation feels like an allergy like irritation than I would say you are probably getting an allergic reaction.
I think you are probably right. The red and dry eyes are accompanied with slight facial swelling that goes away after a couple days. Ive never actually eaten mushroom before until I heard about the benefits of them on here so it very well could be an allergy.

P

Peatness

No eye issues observed after consuming mushrooms yesterday.

P

Peatness

I've got very dry eyes now. It's seems there was a bit of a delay.

Z

Zsazsa

dyy.jpg

P

Peatness

Mushrooms are quite high in arginine I'm wondering if adding some lysine might help. Red eyes is a symptom of lysine deficiency. I haven't tried this myself but I will next time I eat mushrooms.

Z

Zsazsa

Mushrooms are quite high in arginine I'm wondering if adding some lysine might help. Red eyes is a symptom of lysine deficiency. I haven't tried this myself but I will next time I eat mushrooms.

I am not sure about what I am going state (read about it long time ago): lysine would be vasoconstrictor and could worsen high BP.

P

Peatness

I am not sure about what I am going state (read about it long time ago): lysine would be vasoconstrictor and could worsen high BP.
I've not known it to worsen mine. Mind you I haven't taken lysine for a long time. Lysine along with vitamin C has been used to reverse heart disease for decades.

Z

Zsazsa

In case lysine doesn't help, I suggest green tea or olive leaf tea, they are cheap and easy to try. Alternatively, try raising glutathione. I had this problem in the past and raising glutathione was the longer lasting solution...

OP
aniciete

aniciete

I've got very dry eyes now. It's seems there was a bit of a delay.
@Peatress
I tried oyster mushrooms for the first time yesterday and again today with zero eye issues. My eyes are actually extremely white. I read it that WBM are actually high fodmap while oyster mushrooms are not. That may have been the issue.
Mushrooms have lots of undigestable fibre and natural antibiotics flushing out bacteria, reducing endotoxins. They also have very strong aromatse inhibitors. Rich in copper and b vitamines. Oyster mushroom has lots of chrystin a strong anti estrogen. Other mushrooms might have different phenols/flavonoids with a similar action.

Peatress

@Peatress
I tried oyster mushrooms for the first time yesterday and again today with zero eye issues. My eyes are actually extremely white. I read it that WBM are actually high fodmap while oyster mushrooms are not. That may have been the issue.
This is good to know. Thank you. I will try oyster mushrooms.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals