white led light instead of red

biggirlkisss

I made a mistake and ordered a white red light when it was suppose to be red. My question is could this still be helpful. Ray says some light wavelengths if intense enough can reduce melatonin. What is weird is some people calm white light is actually many colors but led's can only produce one wavelength. That being the case what do you think?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Do you know the wavelength?

hanns

@Charlie
Wrong question. The right one is: Do you know the wavelengthS? or: Do you know the spectrum?

You need a minimum of two wavelengths to build white light, i.e. blue and yellow. Another common combination is red, blue and green (RGB). Sun, Incandescent etc. have "all colors". Usually you would call it spectrum.

@biggirlkiss
You will most likely have white LEDs, which consist of a blue LED combined with a so called phosphor coating (it is not the element phosphorus). This shifts parts of the blue to other wavelenghts (mostly yellow). Google for "white led spectrum".

You don't want to use these LEDs for light therapy. You need infrared (850 nm) and red (620-660 nm) LEDs. I think you know this website: http://heelspurs.com/led.html

Which light did you buy? Link?

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

I brought it though and I can't return it. I want to put something on it so I can at least get the red and orange that it produces. Unless it converting from blue to to the others is dangerous.

hanns

How many lumens and watts does it have?

For what you would like to use this lamp?

J

j.

This graph suggests that white led light is bad, because it is based on the blue frequency.

lightsourcesfigure3.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals