White LED Light And Its Possible Red Wavelength Spectrum Emission

sladerunner69

Its not the lumens when it comes to red lights but rather the power density. For example any more than 5 minutes with my head under my 12 w 660 nm and I get the weirdest drugged out effect. I couldn't even imagine how powerful a 200 W red light would be.

I would recommend this one as it comes with a handy power density measurement chart
Proper Dosage For ABI 12W Deep Red 660nm LED

Interesting, I experience a strange effect under LED bulbs as well. My red LED bulb, I don't know the exact wavelength, but it is a 13.5 w red phillips LED bulb, looks designed for outdoors. It appears to have more of a purplish tint even though the glass is a deep red. Anyways I think I don't feel good under it like under my incandescent. It's a shame because my incandescent gets very warm and I get sweaty, and during summer it's ridiculous so I forget about it. The incandescent also uses considerably more power and raises the bill. According to the packaging the red led emits more lumens than the the incandescent, far more, but it's simply not true as I can look directly at the red LED without much discomfort but looking into my incandescent invokes serious discomfort though it uses far less lumens. I wish I could find a clear 250w incandescent-not heat bulb.

I bought I gigantic clear 500w bulb but the socket housing is too large for any of my rigs, which is disapointing. Also I have had multiple bulbs fall and crack, one of which burst into flames and seared/charred my carpet (which was thankfully fire-retardant). This bright light thing is proving to be tricky to get a tight grip on.

biggirlkisss

heat lamps tend to be 130 volt more so then regular bulbs but they can be 130 volt. 130 volt have thicker flimnet making the bulb run cooler give more infared and red and orange less violent blue uva.

smith

heat lamps tend to be 130 volt more so then regular bulbs but they can be 130 volt. 130 volt have thicker flimnet making the bulb run cooler give more infared and red and orange less violent blue uva.
Wow thanks, I'll keep that in mind. That's good because I just checked and the heat lamp I linked is 130 volt.
This 500-watt clear incandescent(not heat lamp) is 120 volt- General Electric 500W 120V Incandescent Lamp | eBay

biggirlkisss

you can find clear incandescent 130 volt some dont say but if u look at the bottem of the bulb in tiny letters it says 130 volt. Last twice as long too.

smith

you can find clear incandescent 130 volt some dont say but if u look at the bottem of the bulb in tiny letters it says 130 volt. Last twice as long too.
Dumb noob question, but are red-coated bulbs effective at all or are clears the only way to get red/IR? According to Application Control Violation , bulbs with red filter block out more blue light and emit more red light than clear incand's. However some sources say that red bulbs are completely useless for redlight.

biggirlkisss

they filter out orange so no clear is best. Also there are 1900k to 2100k led chips depending on cri they could have lots more red. There are also full spectrum led chips that are easy to install that are 80% red 20% blue the cri would be interesting to know.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Dumb noob question, but are red-coated bulbs effective at all or are clears the only way to get red/IR? According to Application Control Violation , bulbs with red filter block out more blue light and emit more red light than clear incand's. However some sources say that red bulbs are completely useless for redlight.

Heat lamps are just high wattage incandescent light bulbs and have a reflective backing to focus the light directionally like a flood light. They are generally used in bathrooms and food service.

The red coating is put on to filter out blue and green wavelengths and make more comfortable to the eyes and thats means more comfortable for the brain and thats good. Although incandescent bulbs emit visible light and are used for general home lighting they emit most there wavelengths in the non visible infrared spectrum so offer a source of good thermal emission. These lights should be kept away from your body at least 3”-4’ depending on wattage because they could be over heating if used to close.

This is not same as red light therapy called photobiomodulation, were red and orange and infrared monochromatic led lights or lasers are held very close to the body not for heating purposes but to effect and enhance cellular mitochondrial functioning. Like this light..

LGS1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Handheld Device - 610nm - 630nm - 670nm

smith

Screenshot 2018-06-29 at 12.48.06 PM.png
Screenshot 2018-06-29 at 12.47.50 PM.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals