White Button Mushrooms Experiment

Beastmode

I started with cooking a massive batch of mushrooms (3 hours simmered) every week (6 weeks now) for my family and I'm probably averaging 4-8 oz per day (some days more) consistently. Without any other change to my diet, which I purposely kept the same, this has made a massive difference.

• Better digestion and easy bowel movements (For most of my life I've been on the slower side/constipation.)
  • More calmness ( I'm a pretty chill guy, but the improvement of digestion seems to have relaxed me even more.)
  • Increase testosterone (Anecdotal without testing, but all the symptoms seem to point in that direction- i.e/ deeper voice, maintained most of my muscle without workout at all, improved focus on tasks, etc, skin looks even clearer than before.)
I imagine the aromatase inhibitor effect has helped keep my estrogen levels under control.

Anyone else experience these types of effects from adding them to your regiment.

Frankdee20

If you pair that with some broccoli, enhances the AI effect

OP
Beastmode

Beastmode

If you pair that with some broccoli, enhances the AI effect

Interesting! Broccoli in the past has always given me gas no matter how long I cook them. A sign for me to stay away.

I also added homemade marmalade and guava juice this week for their AI effects.....so far so great.

I believe Ray has mentioned parsley, celery, garlic and bell peppers as well as good AI.

We add 1-2 new things at a time to test and see. Maybe broccoli will find it's way in my gut again soon.

vulture

I started with cooking a massive batch of mushrooms (3 hours simmered) every week (6 weeks now) for my family and I'm probably averaging 4-8 oz per day (some days more) consistently. Without any other change to my diet, which I purposely kept the same, this has made a massive difference.

• Better digestion and easy bowel movements (For most of my life I've been on the slower side/constipation.)
  • More calmness ( I'm a pretty chill guy, but the improvement of digestion seems to have relaxed me even more.)
  • Increase testosterone (Anecdotal without testing, but all the symptoms seem to point in that direction- i.e/ deeper voice, maintained most of my muscle without workout at all, improved focus on tasks, etc, skin looks even clearer than before.)
I imagine the aromatase inhibitor effect has helped keep my estrogen levels under control.

Anyone else experience these types of effects from adding them to your regiment.
I would say just:
“deeper voice, maintained most of my muscle without workout at all, improved focus on tasks, etc, skin looks even clearer than before.”
You have no blood tests and this could be due to reduced cortisol and increased DHT

Wagner83

Thanks. Do you eat them away from meals? Minced? Going by the typical bro science markers I found the broth to be particularly potent at reducing "estrogens" (or whatever it did).

OP
Beastmode

Beastmode

Thanks. Do you eat them away from meals? Minced? Going by the typical bro science markers I found the broth to be particularly potent at reducing "estrogens" (or whatever it did).

I eat them with other foods mostly only because by themselves I don't think it would be satisfying. We wash, cut them up in small pieces and boil.

Typically we have them with eggs, any meats, broth, etc. We go through them so fast.

Bro science or not, my voice was pretty deep already and the past month it's drastically changed in depth (I'm almost 40.) Libido was good before, but it feels like I did last year on pansterone that @haidut makes. It's probably the closest similarity that I can think of in response to a tweak in my diet and/or supplementing.

This experiment increases my suspicion of how much my gut has been less than optimal most of life. Better gut = more manly :)

OP
Beastmode

Beastmode

Will do!
Digestion and less estrogen, anything else I should look for?

Those seem to be the big things for me that I noticed.

Body temp and pulse are always a staple I think. My body temps seem to stay up in the mid 98's more now the past month. I also live in Florida so I'm sure the summer here is probably helping.

Reaper242xx

White button mushrooms are great for reducing estrogen, but are best when thoroughly cooked. When combined with a daily raw carrot in your diet they have powerful anti-estrogen effects.

Forsythia

I just listened to your link, very interesting. However, he doesn't say anything negative about white button mushrooms.

I've now listened to his TED talk, "6 ways mushrooms can save the world". Wow that was the best TED talk I've ever listened to! But, again he doesn't say anything negative about white button mushrooms.

Since many of us here eat white button mushrooms, can you explain why you think Paul Stamets won't eat them?

Ras

I just listened to your link, very interesting. However, he doesn't say anything negative about white button mushrooms.

I've now listened to his TED talk, "6 ways mushrooms can save the world". Wow that was the best TED talk I've ever listened to! But, again he doesn't say anything negative about white button mushrooms.

Since many of us here eat white button mushrooms, can you explain why you think Paul Stamets won't eat them?
Unless I've misremembered its content, in the video Paul talks negatively about portobello mushrooms, which are mature white buttons.

I believe this covers it, too.

Last edited:

Forsythia

Unless I've misremembered its content, in the video Paul talks negatively about portobello mushrooms, which are mature white buttons.

I believe this covers it, too.

Yes, it was portobello mushrooms he mentioned negatively. I did not know that portobellos were mature white button. Thanks for the info.

CaliforniaKat

I eat them with other foods mostly only because by themselves I don't think it would be satisfying. We wash, cut them up in small pieces and boil.

Typically we have them with eggs, any meats, broth, etc. We go through them so fast.

Bro science or not, my voice was pretty deep already and the past month it's drastically changed in depth (I'm almost 40.) Libido was good before, but it feels like I did last year on pansterone that @haidut makes. It's probably the closest similarity that I can think of in response to a tweak in my diet and/or supplementing.

This experiment increases my suspicion of how much my gut has been less than optimal most of life. Better gut = more manly :)

I am wondering what this would do for a woman? I am not a big fan of raw carrots, unless I can add raisins to the "salad" (which I am considering). My bowel times have been slow most of my adult life, and not much has helped in that department. I haven't tried cascara yet either. But I love cooked mushrooms, and already cook them with garlic in bone broth.

Makrosky

Interesting! Broccoli in the past has always given me gas no matter how long I cook them. A sign for me to stay away.

I also added homemade marmalade and guava juice this week for their AI effects.....so far so great.

I believe Ray has mentioned parsley, celery, garlic and bell peppers as well as good AI.

We add 1-2 new things at a time to test and see. Maybe broccoli will find it's way in my gut again soon.
Why don't you add another kind of mushrooms? :): they are all probably synergistic.

OP
Beastmode

Beastmode

Why don't you add another kind of mushrooms? :): they are all probably synergistic.

I've only heard the most benefits are from white mushroom. I'm basing it off what Peat recommends, but maybe there are others that I'm not familiar with.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals