Which supplements are best for th2 dominance?

ChadGPT

If I’m trying to increase th1 and avoid any potential negative side effects which of these would be best?

Ginger
Echinacea
Grape seed extract
Lemon balm
Astragalus

aliml

1. Sun/UVB light [1] – UVB decreases IFNy in Th1 dominance but increases it in Th2 dominance. So it’s balancing. It also decreases IgE responses. UVA in the sun also decreases Th2 dominance [2].
  2. Probiotics… Decreases Th2: L Reuteri [3] (probiotic), L. Plantarum [4] (probiotic), L. salivarius [4] (probiotic), L. lactis [4] (probiotic)… Increases Th1: S Boulardii? [5], L. Sporogenes, L Acidophilus [6], L casei [7], Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG [8], Lactobacillus paracasei [9], Lactobacillus salivarius [9], B Longum [10], L Brevis [11], L fermentum [12].
  3. NAC/Glutathione sufficiency decreases Th2 [13] and increases Th1 [14].
  4. Licorice -18/β-glycyrrhetinic acid+LicoA [15, 16]. Glycyrrhizin increases IFNy and decreases the Th2 response [17, 18].
  5. Gynostemma [19]. This is a Th1 immune stimulant and reduces allergies. Gynostemma is recommended also because it’s a powerful mitochondrial enhancer.
  6. Ginger or juice the root [20, 21]. Recommended because it has anecdotal support in addition to the research, but also because you can get it everywhere, it has a long history of use and for its multitude of other benefits.
  7. Reishi [22]
  8. Tinospora [23]. This has a clinical trial backing it, with some anecdotal support.
  9. Quercetin [24]
  10. Astragalus [25] Decreases Th2 and increases Th1.
Th2 Modulator – Helps to modulate the Th2 immune response and maintain Th1/Th2 balance at the cellular level

mostlylurking

If I’m trying to increase th1 and avoid any potential negative side effects which of these would be best?

Ginger
Echinacea
Grape seed extract
Lemon balm
Astragalus
https://journals.physiology.org/doi/abs/10.1152/ajpendo.1997.272.6.e1002
"Thus an imbalance between TH1 and TH2 cells resulted because of zinc deficiency in humans."
In this article, "Th1" and "Th2" refer to T helper cells.

Then there's this article: Vitamin D Deficiency and Thyroid Relationship - Thyroid Advisor That discusses Th1 and Th2; this time these are referring to Thyroid hormone 1 and Thyroid hormone 2.

Which are you referring to; the immune system T-helper cells 1 and 2 or thyroid hormone 1 and 2?

OP
C

ChadGPT

https://journals.physiology.org/doi/abs/10.1152/ajpendo.1997.272.6.e1002
"Thus an imbalance between TH1 and TH2 cells resulted because of zinc deficiency in humans."
In this article, "Th1" and "Th2" refer to T helper cells.

Then there's this article: Vitamin D Deficiency and Thyroid Relationship - Thyroid Advisor That discusses Th1 and Th2; this time these are referring to Thyroid hormone 1 and Thyroid hormone 2.

Which are you referring to; the immune system T-helper cells 1 and 2 or thyroid hormone 1 and 2?
T helper cells

mostlylurking

T helper cells
OK. Then consider a little zinc? Zinc is tricky; I think it blocks copper? Eating shellfish is safer.

High dose thiamine hcl normalized my glutathione level (#3above)

Lemon balm is estrogenic.

Grape seed extract: Grape seed tannin extract and polyunsaturated fatty acids affect in vitro ruminal fermentation and methane production - PubMed Tannins and PUFA.

Glycyrrhizin is supposed to help heal the gut.

Thiamine helps heal the gut, along with some magnesium. I solved my gut problems with thiamine and magnesium. If you have leaky gut (permeability issue) you become allergic to whatever food particles that get into the bloodstream. Thiamine corrects the permeability of the gut and of the blood/brain barrier.

"The goal of this study was to examine the role of thiamine in intestinal inflammation and microbiota caused by high-concentrate diets. The SARA model was induced by low neutral detergent fibre/starch ration to study the effects of thiamine on intestinal tissue structure and microbiota."

and this one:

OP
C

ChadGPT

OK. Then consider a little zinc? Zinc is tricky; I think it blocks copper? Eating shellfish is safer.

High dose thiamine hcl normalized my glutathione level (#3above)

Lemon balm is estrogenic.

Grape seed extract: Grape seed tannin extract and polyunsaturated fatty acids affect in vitro ruminal fermentation and methane production - PubMed Tannins and PUFA.

Glycyrrhizin is supposed to help heal the gut.

Thiamine helps heal the gut, along with some magnesium. I solved my gut problems with thiamine and magnesium. If you have leaky gut (permeability issue) you become allergic to whatever food particles that get into the bloodstream. Thiamine corrects the permeability of the gut and of the blood/brain barrier.

"The goal of this study was to examine the role of thiamine in intestinal inflammation and microbiota caused by high-concentrate diets. The SARA model was induced by low neutral detergent fibre/starch ration to study the effects of thiamine on intestinal tissue structure and microbiota."

and this one:
Thanks for all the info. What dose of thiamine did you take? I took it for a while but didn’t notice anything. I took about 150mg a day. Also I don’t understand the implications of the grape seed extract study. Does it counter negative effects of pufas?

mostlylurking

Grape seed extract contains PUFA and tannins. Coconut oil, avoidance of all PUFAs, and taking niacinamide help with the negative effects of PUFA.

It is important to take thiamine with plain water, not with anything sweet as sugar will cancel it out.

I took 100mg thiamine hcl 2Xday for years. Then I was damaged via prescription Bactrim antibiotic which blocks thiamine function and I got deathly ill. After a couple of months of being really sick, I tried a higher dose of thiamine hcl (about 300mg) which stopped my lactic acidosis pain and normalized my body temperature in about 45 minutes. Then I spent 4+months slowly increasing the dose of thiamine hcl until I got up to 1 gram 2Xday which resolved my very long term health issues. I'm still taking that dose; I've been taking it for 18 months. Other people may not need that dose but I do. I have heavy metal poisoning (binds to thiamine) and I suspect that I also have a genetic need for more thiamine that has to do with enzymes. I think this because both of my siblings became mentally incapacitated in their teens. All three of us had mercury amalgams placed in our mouths as children so that may have been the issue instead of genetically weak enzymes. Heavy metals bind to thiamine making it unavailable for the body to use.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals