Which shilajit brand is the safest

AlaskaJono

I was given the straight shilajit goop from a friend when I was in India 35 years ago. Enough for a 4 week supplemental trial. He had brought it down from the Himalayas himself. It maybe had an effect, but was difficult to discern as I was doing many hours a day of yoga, meditation, karma yoga etc. . If you want to try some I know that the company Siddhi Energetics is well organized and known for real ingredients. A friend Malcolm Smith, Tibetan Translator and Doctor of Tibetan Medicine, is an advisor there. From knowing him I can say that he has high standards.

More importantly, why do you want this particular supplement? That may be of great importance for you to follow up on.

Also there are several companies in the US selling fulvic and humic products. That may also be healthful.

Best, Jono

fr@

hey mate when did Peat strongly warn against it what did he say? he said it has a risk of heavy metals or something, if it tests low in heavy metals doesnt that make it safer.
how can we get ezwater, if blending creates ezwater does shaking a bottle of milk each time before drinking help create it too?
Yeah, that makes sense.

No shilajit is "safe" ... like herbs taken out of context by biohackers and reductionist sales people shilajit had a historic and traditional context. Look up it's Ayurvedic use and frequency. It's used with raw milk for a short period of time, I've never seen an Ayurvedic practitioner recommend the use of shilajit the way Mitolife founder Blackburn does, it's reckless and based on crappy reasoning. I caution against the use of shilajit for extended periods of time, you will become toxic from the pure abundance of micro and trace minerals. Ray has repeatedly warned against it and for good reason. If you really want the benefits with minimal risk, use it as fertilizer.

Blackburn's "followers" find their way to this forum and try to use "his" philosophies to force fit it to Rays, I don't trust the guy nor is he right about mineral balance and many other topics. The body balances cell electrolytes with CO2 production and ezwater not a bunch of black pills from Siberia.
Just a friendly thread bump here. Would love to hear more about this. Can anyone help me find Ray discussing this substance? I am wondering where the idea of danger or toxicity of minerals comes in.. or is it that people view fulvic/humic as harmful?

RealNeat

Just a friendly thread bump here. Would love to hear more about this. Can anyone help me find Ray discussing this substance? I am wondering where the idea of danger or toxicity of minerals comes in.. or is it that people view fulvic/humic as harmful?
Let's approach it this way... why do you want or feel that you need to take it? The reasoning is just as important as the substance.

Let's approach it this way... why do you want or feel that you need to take it? The reasoning is just as important as the substance.
I suppose the same could be said for any food or drink. Coffee for instance.. I personally consume it for enjoyment, nutrition and liver health to name a few reasons other than the commonly persued and perceived 'energy boost'.

I asked a friend from Russia how it was used and it seems as reasonable as coffee or tea. Something such as Chaga tea is quite common for traditional/older folks of the region. Chaga is a very old traditional food there and with indigenous American folks and is not a trendy 'biohacking supplement'. Although I don't appeal to antiquity as the whole reason for something I tend to find it more reasonable than trends or fads of modernism.

My curiosity in the thread is about where people have seen claims of danger or poison when consumed.

Dr. B

Can you describe ez water?

He has mentioned its a risk due to the minerals. I’ll have to read what he said again

I suppose the same could be said for any food or drink. Coffee for instance.. I personally consume it for enjoyment, nutrition and liver health to name a few reasons other than the commonly persued and perceived 'energy boost'.

I asked a friend from Russia how it was used and it seems as reasonable as coffee or tea. Something such as Chaga tea is quite common for traditional/older folks of the region. Chaga is a very old traditional food there and with indigenous American folks and is not a trendy 'biohacking supplement'. Although I don't appeal to antiquity as the whole reason for something I tend to find it more reasonable than trends or fads of modernism.

My curiosity in the thread is about where people have seen claims of danger or poison when consumed.

Many teas and leaves seem To have toxins, maybe naturally Occurring ones. Im still uncertain on olive leaf extract

Advocate2021

This supplement was recommended to me for suspected radioactivity internally causing chemical and emf hypersensitivity and remaining symptoms of imbalance despite otherwise excellent health and following a Peat philosophy for 24 years with continued refinement over the course of these years. I note that Dr. Peat has concerns due to contamination but wondering if there is product that is proven to be pure and if absent that concern, it is beneficial. Any update on this since last posts here?

Advocate2021

Ras

Thank you . Has it been definitively shown through analysis to be pure with no contamination risk as Dr. Peat has expressed concern?
One reason I like them so much is that they have their own multi-million dollar lab in-house (video tour on their website), send out to independent labs (like Alkemist), and test every batch, not lot, of product before it is packaged and sold, even if that product is a third-party's proprietary substance. They spend millions every year on testing alone. They were even voluntarily out of stock of their best-selling product (phenibut) for about a year because it kept being tested in-house and independently as less pure than their standards. I've been following the owner for a few years and trust their products completely.

Testing results for their products are usually available in the product's images on its selling page.

Advocate2021

One reason I like them so much is that they have their own multi-million dollar lab in-house (video tour on their website), send out to independent labs (like Alkemist), and test every batch, not lot, of product before it is packaged and sold, even if that product is a third-party's proprietary substance. They spend millions every year on testing alone. They were even voluntarily out of stock of their best-selling product (phenibut) for about a year because it kept being tested in-house and independently as less pure than their standards. I've been following the owner for a few years and trust their products completely.

Testing results for their products are usually available in the product's images on its selling page.
Thanks certainly compelling. our last posts crossed. can you share how long you have been taking, for what and the results you have gotten?

Dr. B

is it the same as other shilajits or an extract of some kind? with black seed for example they dont sell a full spectrum black seed oil, i think they instead offer an altered black seed product thats standardized specifically for thymoquinone!

Ras

it appears the loose powder still contains silicon dioxide and some others PrimaVie® Purified Shilajit Powder
You're right. My apologies. I never bought the powder, and I didn't examine the label before posting. I can't recall seeing excipients in any other loose powder on their site, so I assumed their shilajit was clean. It must be added by Primavie to keep it from clumping.

Ras

Thanks certainly compelling. our last posts crossed. can you share how long you have been taking, for what and the results you have gotten?
I believe I started taking it when they first brought it out, probably for hormone support and the trace minerals. I can't describe specifically what it does to me, but I don't like the way it makes me feel. However, many other people love it.

TheGoogler

still would like to know why people are taking this and what their results have been for what duration ?
I went through a bottle of their Primavie powder, it seemed pretty good. Increased energy and libido, I dont have EMF hypersensitivity so I cant comment on that. HOWEVER, I know someone who is, and might have her try some to see if there is any benefit. I currently take shilajit tablets I buy off Amazon and those seem fine, been taking them for about a year now. Energy is up, extreme clarity of thought, a good foundational addition to daily regimen.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals