Which shilajit brand is the safest

Lostguy24

I’m interested in buying shilajit but I’ve heard of it containing lead mercury and other heavy metals and was wondering what brand is the safest to take

kaydeegee

I’m interested in buying shilajit but I’ve heard of it containing lead mercury and other heavy metals and was wondering what brand is the safest to take
Bump! I’m curious about this too. Thanks for asking, OP.

amd

How do you purify it enough so you mostly get the good compounds?

Which are the good compounds?

Do companies care about what they sell to their customers?

Online COAs mean little. Same for USP, which in some cases is contradicted by the product info (technical grade).

TheGoogler

NootropicsDepot stocks the PrimaVie brand, and I have much trust in their supplement quality. They are in their own league when it comes to quality and testing.

Dr. B

NootropicsDepot stocks the PrimaVie brand, and I have much trust in their supplement quality. They are in their own league when it comes to quality and testing.
isnt that the patented or pharma grade shilajit? similar to creapure creatine, carnosyn beta alanine

fr@

Thanks, I'll add it to my list!

But how do you compare it to others?

On my end, I still have MITOLIFE (sourced in Siberia?) and Paradise Herbs Shilajit (sourced in India?).
With Paradise Herbs, the immediate effects seems to go away after a week of consistent use -- also I'm not sure about it's toxicity levels.

TheGoogler

Thanks, I'll add it to my list!

But how do you compare it to others?

On my end, I still have MITOLIFE (sourced in Siberia?) and Paradise Herbs Shilajit (sourced in India?).
With Paradise Herbs, the immediate effects seems to go away after a week of consistent use -- also I'm not sure about it's toxicity levels.
It's the only one I have tried. I liked it, but I really don't know how it stacks against other brands. I want to try Panacea next, I think that's the Mitolife one. It was actually slightly more cost effective per mg when I compared it to the larger powdered tub from NootropicsDepot, but they are currently sold out and the bioavailability of each is a blind spot.

fr@

It's the only one I have tried. I liked it, but I really don't know how it stacks against other brands. I want to try Panacea next, I think that's the Mitolife one. It was actually slightly more cost effective per mg when I compared it to the larger powdered tub from NootropicsDepot, but they are currently sold out and the bioavailability of each is a blind spot.
Got it.

But yeah, they're out of stock (I mean the Mitolife) so I'm thinking of another brand to get once I'm close to emptying all Shilajit I have.
Still to this point, I'm not really sure how to dose it and what it's specific dose is to 'possible' treat something -- but I just take 1 tablet a day so it could last me longer.

fr@

@Mr.Bollox

The main benefit that I'm hoping for with Shilajit is its anticancer effects (try looking using Google Scholar).
I've first heard of it on my Keto days... forgot the name of the YouTube channel, but he's a 'Chiropractor' that favors a Keto Diet -- but he explained it really well.

As with its other benefits, something immediate would be increased energy.
And the rest are I'm not really sure of, like: trace minerals, sperm quality, testosterone, follicle-stimulating hormone, anti-oxidant enzyme profile, HDL-C.
I just typed the rest of the benefits from the Examine PDF I have.

MostlyMeat

Good company and good info.

fr@

Good company and good info.
Nice, but I actually don't like their website layout -- and that by itself doesn't make me want to buy their stuff.

Where have you heard of that brand though?

MostlyMeat

Nice, but I actually don't like their website layout -- and that by itself doesn't make me want to buy their stuff.

Where have you heard of that brand though?
I take that brand. Found through a Google search. Good stuff. They actually have a CoA for their product (very low in heavy metals), which was one of the selling points for me. I hope you find a brand you like who's webdesign also appeals to you..

fr@

I take that brand. Found through a Google search. Good stuff. They actually have a CoA for their product (very low in heavy metals), which was one of the selling points for me. I hope you find a brand you like who's webdesign also appeals to you..
Thanks, I'll add it to my list.

Btw, I was just being sarcastic with the webdesign -- just became a habit of mine from doing website audits (no offense meant).

Last edited:

GenericName86

I recently purchased the resin from lost empire herbs, they have a CoA and it looks pretty good although I could of shopped around a bit more I suppose, I just went with them first because I liked their cistanche

RealNeat

No shilajit is "safe" ... like herbs taken out of context by biohackers and reductionist sales people shilajit had a historic and traditional context. Look up it's Ayurvedic use and frequency. It's used with raw milk for a short period of time, I've never seen an Ayurvedic practitioner recommend the use of shilajit the way Mitolife founder Blackburn does, it's reckless and based on crappy reasoning. I caution against the use of shilajit for extended periods of time, you will become toxic from the pure abundance of micro and trace minerals. Ray has repeatedly warned against it and for good reason. If you really want the benefits with minimal risk, use it as fertilizer.

Blackburn's "followers" find their way to this forum and try to use "his" philosophies to force fit it to Rays, I don't trust the guy nor is he right about mineral balance and many other topics. The body balances cell electrolytes with CO2 production and ezwater not a bunch of black pills from Siberia.

fr@

No shilajit is "safe" ... like herbs taken out of context by biohackers and reductionist sales people shilajit had a historic and traditional context. Look up it's Ayurvedic use and frequency. It's used with raw milk for a short period of time, I've never seen an Ayurvedic practitioner recommend the use of shilajit the way Mitolife founder Blackburn does, it's reckless and based on crappy reasoning. I caution against the use of shilajit for extended periods of time, you will become toxic from the pure abundance of micro and trace minerals. Ray has repeatedly warned against it and for good reason. If you really want the benefits with minimal risk, use it as fertilizer.

Blackburn's "followers" find their way to this forum and try to use "his" philosophies to force fit it to Rays, I don't trust the guy nor is he right about mineral balance and many other topics. The body balances cell electrolytes with CO2 production and ezwater not a bunch of black pills from Siberia.
Thanks for the warning, now I'll have to contemplate first on stopping what I currently have at the moment (I'll probably use it as a fertilizer once I've decided).

TheGoogler

Not saying I doubt what you're saying, but do you have any reading material regarding the dangers of long-term shilajit use?

Dr. B

hey mate when did Peat strongly warn against it what did he say? he said it has a risk of heavy metals or something, if it tests low in heavy metals doesnt that make it safer.
how can we get ezwater, if blending creates ezwater does shaking a bottle of milk each time before drinking help create it too?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals