Which Red Light To Buy In France (Europe) Plzz ?

Nenupharlily

Hi everyone !

I am a woman who doesn't understand anything about light bulb :stop:
Can someone help me choose one ?

Thanks a lot !

OP
N

Nenupharlily

Ok thanks but i was thinking about buying just the light bulb they seem expensive on redlightman...

marteagal

The Brusselcrats still seem to allow selling of 100 W incandescent bulbs.
Voltage in France is 23o V, but do you know what kind of bulb base you have there?
In case you use the E27 bulb base, you could buy several of these:
Calex Lot de 10 ampoules E27 très résistantes Transparent 240 V 100 W [Classe énergétique F]
The one above has a color temperatur of 2700 K which is ok. But to achieve the desired effects, you would need to turn on a couple of them simultaneously, may 3 or 5.
Alternatively, and also providing less blue and more red and infrared wave lengths, you could use heat lamps. On Amazon France I could only find the 150 W version of the one I personally use (250 W). Maybe you could buy it online elsewhere. Two of the latter would give you 500 W in total which is compatible with what other members employ. Of course, some use even more - the record is 1800 W (@Dan Wich or @charlie ?) ;)

the red light from @RedLightMan is different. It is very very intense red light only. I use bulbs too, but I use his device right on or next to my skin for short periods for therapeutic application to feet, face, chest, thyroid, etc. And I leave it on all day when I'm working but it's about 1/2 meter away.

Peatit

Really ? I am in doubt now :banghead::D

I also own the IL50 and if you want it to be efficient you have to place it pretty close to your body (Inverse-square law) and then you won't cover a great area and it becomes very hot and hard to withstand.

Ok thanks for answering.
In fact i don't have a bulb base so i was thinkg about doing something like that :

Do you think it would be ok if i by
that bulb base : Lampe reflecteur à pince avec grille protection et douille Pro-Thermal - Protekreptiles
with that bulb : Lampe chauffante chiot

:happy:

I think you will have the same problem with this equipment.

In my opinion, the best would be to find a very powerful halogen projector like this one or the model with foot if you find it more practical and optionally to supply it with lower voltage in order to shift the spectrum to the red side (I haven't looked for a voltage variator yet).

mt_dreams

the beurer IL50 device uses
short wave range = IRA 800nm to 1400nm and middle wave range = IRA 1400nm to 3000nm.
at least that's what the manufacture states.
this might be dangerous to the eyes
but I'm not an expert on the subject.

marteagal

The base looks very similar to the one hanging over my desktop. The glass of the bulb should be clear, though (not black, red, etc.). However, having to deal with a room temperature around 27-29 °C, I don't use the heat lamp for long periods right now. Instead, I rely more on RLM's device (after breakfast) and try to get sun at noon.
But in spring/fall I can use the heat lamp for several hours in the afternoon/evening.

If you are unsure, I think you'll need to clarify your needs by reading. The forum has excellent information on (red) light therapy.
Before choosing my own light equipment, I read through a very long thread (hundreds of pages) on light bulbs. That took me about 8 hours but after that, I knew what to buy.

OP
N

Nenupharlily

The base looks very similar to the one hanging over my desktop. The glass of the bulb should be clear, though (not black, red, etc.). However, having to deal with a room temperature around 27-29 °C, I don't use the heat lamp for long periods right now. Instead, I rely more on RLM's device (after breakfast) and try to get sun at noon.
But in spring/fall I can use the heat lamp for several hours in the afternoon/evening.

If you are unsure, I think you'll need to clarify your needs by reading. The forum has excellent information on (red) light therapy.
Before choosing my own light equipment, I read through a very long thread (hundreds of pages) on light bulbs. That took me about 8 hours but after that, I knew what to buy.

Ok thanks for answering.
English is not my main language so i have a hard time to read about red light therapy... :)

Why don't you use the heat lamp right now ? I thought it was really good to sweat the toxins out...
And why does the bulb need to be clear ? I see a lot of near infrared sauna DIY with this kind of bulb

i use a 500 watt bulb and a RLM red light device both. Hugely beneficial. I never leave the room without unplugging the 500 watter which is so easy to cause a fire

marteagal

Why don't you use the heat lamp right now ? I thought it was really good to sweat the toxins out...

:D Well, the heat is just overwhelmig, I cannot cope with that much sweating.

And why does the bulb need to be clear ? I see a lot of near infrared sauna DIY with this kind of bulb

It's something I extracted from the said thread, although most people asked about red tinted glass (not the black one you showed; I extrapolated from that). I forgot the specific reasons, maybe somebody else can help?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals