Which Other Alternative Therapies Have You Investigated ?

burtlancast

Which other alternative therapies have you investigated and found credible ?

For my part, i did find legit;

- the Gerson therapy (obviously)
- Vit E therapy for heart disease/ diabetes complications/ atherosclerosis ( books by the Shute brothers)
- Vit C + lysine for heart disease, by Linus Pauling (book: "Practicing medecine without a licence")
- Vit C for infectious diseases and cancer ( Thomas levy, Klenner, Riordan,...)
- Laetrile/ Vit B17 for cancer, by Edward Griffin
- Niacin for depression/ schizophrenia ( Abram Hoffer)
- MMS for infectious diseases ( Jim Humble)
- Cannabis for cancer and many other diseases by Rick Simpson
- mineral transporters of HANS NIEPER (against heart disease, cancer, diabetes)
- Oleander for cancer and infectious diseases

French alternative authors:
- Organic Silicium by Loic Le Ribault
- Chlorure de Magnesium for infectious diseases ( Pierre Delbet)
- Physiatrons synthethiques for cancer and other diseases ( Dr Solomides)
- Bol d'air Jacquier ( oxygenation technique) by René Jacquier
- Arn fragments by Mirko Beljanski ( for cancer and AIDS)
- sea water injections ( many useful purposes) by René Quinton

Interesting substances:
- DMSO
- colloidal silver

jyb

Re: Which other alternative therapies have you investigated

There is a French doctor, Seignalet, who wrote a book where he exposed his theory about how diet was responsible for most modern diseases. He put a lot of emphasis on protein de-naturation occurring when cooking meat or eggs - so he advocated meat nearly raw. Avoiding things like milk and bread too for that reason - due to high heat applied for cooking or pasteurization, and the evil Maillard's reaction. He also mentioned omega 6 as being too high in today's meat. He advocates against beer for example as it contains traces of wheat protein.

He liked sea water injections and probiotics.

He went into details about how he thought these things created our diseases, one by one. But it's really incompatible with RP's ideas though - he liked nuts, omega 3, avoided milk etc. Some of his reasoning is based on evolutionary arguments, seems close to a strict paleo diet with carb.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

I know Signalet, have the book, but never went about reading it because i skimmed a few of the chapters and didn't like what i saw.

He's taking a triomphalist approach about cancer and claims modern treatments like chimio, radio, hormonotherapy and surgery are improving all the time. He's using vague, generic and non specific terms about nutrition without any hard facts to back them up.

Thus he completely ignores a mountain of evidence from people like Gerson, Griffin, Nieper, Caisse, Hoxsey that these treatment worsen the prognosis and the survival. And of course he ignores their alternative therapies.

His book is more about grandstanding / personal publicity than an honest effort in curing diseases.

By the way, he died of cancer....

jyb

burtlancast said:
He's taking a triomphalist approach about cancer and claims modern treatments like chimio, radio, hormonotherapy and surgery are improving all the time.

Thus he completely ignores a mountain of evidence from people like Gerson, Griffin, Nieper, Caisse, Hoxsey that these treatment worsen the prognosis and the survival. And of course he ignores their alternative therapies.

His book is more about grandstanding / personal publicity than an honest effort in curing diseases.

If you're talking about his main theory book, then I don't get your point - he claims the change in diet will cure disease. I don't recall him ever mentioning modern treatments. He is against antibiotics claiming it disrupts the intestinal flora.

I can see how he appeared too confident, as he made (unverifiable) claims about his statistics as a doctor by making these dietary recommendations.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

jyb said:
If you're talking about his main theory book, then I don't get your point - he claims the change in diet will cure disease. I don't recall him ever mentioning modern treatments.

The devil is in the details ( as they say)
Check pg 399 ( i have the third edition of the book) where the CONCLUSION section about cancer shows

- he reckons good progresses have been made in understanding cancer
- the four cited orthodox treatments show EFFICIENCY in 50% of the cases
- he wishes OTHER research avenues would be investigated ( the ones he didn't have the courage to write down)

He of course claims a change in diet will cure diseases, but choses to ignore the therapy that did prove totally his point ( Gerson ).

So, how does that help one ?

jyb

Well I don't want to defend him much more as I don't follow his recommendations, but what you write about seems like a detail - most of his book is about food, not modern treatment.

And I can see how he helped by warning against some grains, excess heat to fats and proteins, omega 6...

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

jyb said:
Well I don't want to defend him much more as I don't follow his recommendations, but what you write about seems like a detail - most of his book is about food, not modern treatment.

Actually, more than 3/4 of his book is just grandstanding where he gives you an orthodox medical cursus about the nature and causes of diseases.
The treatment part is quite smaller in comparaison, and backed by...wishfull thinking.
He gives you an useless bibliography with plenty of scientific articles at the end (he won't reference directly in the text any nutrition claim he makes).

He's an "authoritarian", an expert, that you MUST trust.
He can't be bothered to attempt to prove anything to anyone who doubts him.

I put him in the same category as Hulda Clark; all he says seems to make sense, but when you try to pinpoint how he came up with his solutions, there's nothing to back it up.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Beebop said:
Since you mentioned Hulda Clark, I'd put her in a much, much, much lower bracket of 'credibility' ever since I read this:
http://www.cancertreatmentwatch.org/vic ... elli.shtml
Which is linked to from this:
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... clark.html

Its good you're bringing up Barrett and his site quackwatch.

The guy is a paid attack dog by the pharma industries that bashes ANY alternative treatment while completely ignoring all negative impacts of orthodox treatments.

He's been completely exposed by consummer advocate Tim Bolen at http://www.bolenreport.com/.

Right now Barrett and his backers face heavy fines / jail time for harrassing yet another health alternative firm that has refused to get intimidated by his sleazy tactics.

Alternatively, one can watch the Gerson doc " Dying to have known" free on youtube, they are doing a fabulous job at tearing apart any semblance of credibility he might appear to have.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoUl7F7dWdE&wide=1[/media]

Now, let me add the "Black salve" treatment for cancer to my list, toegether with Hoxsey.( there's a great doc by Elaine Hollingsworth: " One answer to cancer", or you can go to http://www.panaceauniversity.org/Black% ... atment.pdf)

Jenn

My nutritionist uses Hulda Clark's heart circulation formula for some of his clients. The rest of her stuff he ignores. It's possible for people to have a small part of truth even if they don't have all of it.

Part of the problem with promoting certain "treatments" is that the client being treated doesn't respond the same as the success story because their needs are different. When the treatment fulfills the need, then it works, if it doesn't fill the need that it doesn't work.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

That's a reasonable argument, altough not always applicable.

Black salve has nearly 100% response rate with skin cancer.

Niacin taken at sufficient doses will normalise blood lipids in nearly 100% of the people. ( and if you suffer from familial hypercholesterolemia, it will still do the job provided you combine it with a bile sequestrant drug.)

Vit C in sufficient high doses will KILL ANY VIRUS ( hepatitis, Aids, Polio, swine flu included) with near 100% success.

Vit E will prevent excessive coagulation, will improve muscle performance and favorise vasodillatation and collateral formation in nearly ALL cases.

DMSO will accelerate soft tissue healing and supress local pain in nearly 100% cases.

I can go on and on, but you get the picture...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

burtlancast said:
I can go on and on, but you get the picture...

Dang, I was hoping you would go on and on. :lol:

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Charlie,

My charge for 15 min counselling sessions are quite affordable... :roll:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

:mytwocents

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Do it...

gretchen

Beebop said:
Since you mentioned Hulda Clark, I'd put her in a much, much, much lower bracket of 'credibility' ever since I read this:
http://www.cancertreatmentwatch.org/vic ... elli.shtml
Which is linked to from this:
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... clark.html

I explored Hulda Clark in the late 90s; was not really able to make much sense of it. Zapping parasites sounded good at the time but I didn't stick with it.

Briefly I did candida cleanse type stuff, but also didn't have much success. I used a product called Aqua Flora which I probably can't recommend:
http://www.aquaflorainc.com/

I did a liver cleanse using olive oil which I would not do again and of course have been around the block with omega-3s which are totally bad news. My background is mostly fad/niche diets none of which have produced any consistent results though I did notice some weight loss/weight control with reduced fat diets in the 80s and 90s. I have also used Bach flower essences off and on for years but do not know if I would recommend them because they can have a catalytic effect, though mostly for good.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

I will take this "nearly" 100% that seems to trouble you any day of the week , compared to "monopoly evidence" and "peer reviewed " approved medications. :lol:

Jenn

It doesn't trouble me at all. She asked about Hulda Clark. I gave what info I had.

DMSO is great but you still need gelatin in the diet.

Niacin is beneficial, especially for diabetes, but for some people, it's not the best form because it can be converted to tryptophan, niacinimide cannot.

Vitamin C is excellent for helping the liver detox, but it's still the liver that doing the work. The liver needs other things as well in order to function.

I have no clue as to what black salve is, but I don't have skin cancer. ;)

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Jenn said:
I have no clue as to what black salve is, but I don't have skin cancer. ;)

Neither do i.

:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom