Which One Of These 4 Idealabs Supplement

Bogdar

Hello everyone,

Last bloodtests showed too much prolactin ( 20ng/mL or 422 µUI/mL) and at the same occasion I wanted to experiment a bit with haidut's products. I also have a record of digestive issues, occasional (becoming rarer with time) depressive state / low energy / mood, so I was looking for a anti-prolactin and maybe pro dopamin or anti serotonin stuff.

I came into 4 different products;
Cyproheptadine
Lisurine
Metergolin
& Ritanserin.

I'd like to try only one first but I have no idea how to choose, since they all seem to do the same "type" of overall effects, somehow pro-dopaminergic & anti-prolactin. I've seen good and sometimes bad testimonies with kinda all of them so I was wondering what you could advice me regarding my record and your experiences. Thank you ! :):

lampofred

I think things like lisuride are good for short-term use if you have a prolactinoma or some isolated cause of high prolactin, but in the long-run the safe ways to reduce prolactin are to take thyroid, increase red light exposure, deplete PUFA, and move to a higher altitude.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

I think things like lisuride are good for short-term use if you have a prolactinoma or some isolated cause of high prolactin, but in the long-run the safe ways to reduce prolactin are to take thyroid, increase red light exposure, deplete PUFA, and move to a higher altitude.
Thanks, I did not know about prolactinoma but as far as I know I hopefully don't have it. I don't have any idea why my prolactin is so high, last bloodtests showed healthy TSH.
Thanks for the tips

also, except occasional headaches and sometimes blurry vision, I don't have other symptoms of hyperprolactinemia

LuMonty

Your issues mirror mine pretty well, except I have a shadow on my pituitary that might be a prolactinoma. Not worth the cost in my case to have them check again because they won't treat it and MRIs are expensive anyhow. Mine was last measured at 36ng/mL despite being very active at the time.

I couldn't really tolerate lisuride in large enough doses to make a difference; it also made me very sleepy. Cypro has been much better and as a bonus helps with summer allergies and digestion. Though not on your list, 6-Keto-P4 has helped keep cortisol down and let my androgens do better, especially because only 2 drops can get me to sleep.

How's your iron? I have to replenish due to parasites and am using lactoferrin with iron tablets. Iron when properly utilized by the body, is very important. Without it, the body can't make thyroid hormones.

Kartoffel

Hello everyone,

Last bloodtests showed too much prolactin ( 20ng/mL or 422 µUI/mL) and at the same occasion I wanted to experiment a bit with haidut's products. I also have a record of digestive issues, occasional (becoming rarer with time) depressive state / low energy / mood, so I was looking for a anti-prolactin and maybe pro dopamin or anti serotonin stuff.

Cyproheptadine
Lisurine
Metergolin
& Ritanserin.

I'd like to try only one first but I have no idea how to choose, since they all seem to do the same "type" of overall effects, somehow pro-dopaminergic & anti-prolactin. I've seen good and sometimes bad testimonies with kinda all of them so I was wondering what you could advice me regarding my record and your experiences. Thank you ! :):

Cypro is probably the safest and best option for your symptoms.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

Your issues mirror mine pretty well, except I have a shadow on my pituitary that might be a prolactinoma. Not worth the cost in my case to have them check again because they won't treat it and MRIs are expensive anyhow. Mine was last measured at 36ng/mL despite being very active at the time.

I couldn't really tolerate lisuride in large enough doses to make a difference; it also made me very sleepy. Cypro has been much better and as a bonus helps with summer allergies and digestion. Though not on your list, 6-Keto-P4 has helped keep cortisol down and let my androgens do better, especially because only 2 drops can get me to sleep.

How's your iron? I have to replenish due to parasites and am using lactoferrin with iron tablets. Iron when properly utilized by the body, is very important. Without it, the body can't make thyroid hormones.
Damn I hope I don't have a prolactinoma. Already too many bad news recently lol.

I don't have allergies tho but I consider using cyproheptadin, since it is well known and its side effects seem known as well. I have to admit I'm a bit cautious with steroids like progesterone at the moment.

On the last bloodtests I did with TSH, my ferritin was pretty well in the range.

Since my prolactin bloodtest was made months after thyroid and iron, I might want to do new tests in the near future.

LuMonty

Damn I hope I don't have a prolactinoma. Already too many bad news recently lol.

I don't have allergies tho but I consider using cyproheptadin, since it is well known and its side effects seem known as well. I have to admit I'm a bit cautious with steroids like progesterone at the moment.

On the last bloodtests I did with TSH, my ferritin was pretty well in the range.

Since my prolactin bloodtest was made months after thyroid and iron, I might want to do new tests in the near future.
My wife doesn't have allergies at all but cypro is very helpful for her. She was having serotonin issues to a point of frustration for both of us. After a couple days of only 2mg a day, those problems faded. And in a week they're basically gone.

I'm glad to hear your iron is good. Replenishing is difficult.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

My wife doesn't have allergies at all but cypro is very helpful for her. She was having serotonin issues to a point of frustration for both of us. After a couple days of only 2mg a day, those problems faded. And in a week they're basically gone.

I'm glad to hear your iron is good. Replenishing is difficult.
That's really good news. Well, I might definitely go for cypro then. Safest and efficient for those listed problems. I'll take it with magnoil since I still have some cramps / twitching issues.
Thank you !

LuMonty

That's really good news. Well, I might definitely go for cypro then. Safest and efficient for those listed problems. I'll take it with magnoil since I still have some cramps / twitching issues.
Thank you !
You're welcome! I'll mention that I needed doses up to 8mg-10mg a day for 3 days and then dropped to 2mg.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

I was on haidut's thread about liquid cyproheptadin when I stumbled upon this
haidut said:
Cypro has known dopamine antagonism beyond certain concentrations, so I would not use it for prolactin inhbition. Lisuride is probably the most potent for that purpose, followed by metergoline, ritanserin, and cypro being last as it can also lower prolactin when used in doses where it does not antagonize dopamine receptors.

it stopped me in my momentum, I will just wait for some more opinions. :):

ddjd

Hello everyone,

Cyproheptadine
Lisurine
Metergolin
& Ritanserin.

i think 5aDHP might also lower prolactin

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals