Which one increases core body temp more? Glucose or fructose and or combination?

GorillaHead

I am curious if people find they notice different hear increases with different sugars?

S-VV

For me it's pure glucose in starch form. It's the closest thing to a glucose IV. It kicks in hard and fast, plus that good anti-inflammatory insulin high.

Uselis

For me it's pure glucose in starch form. It's the closest thing to a glucose IV. It kicks in hard and fast, plus that good anti-inflammatory insulin high.
Same here except crash follows inevitably with cold feet.

gaze

plain fructose does not exist in nature, you'd have to buy fructose powder which is allergenic and not recommended. Some fruits have more fructose than glucose, but they still contain a lot of glucose. so really, your question should be whether glucose, sucrose (glucose + fructose), or lactose (glucose + galactose) is most warming. For me personally sucrose. Ideally glucose, but the endotoxin from starch causes major problems for me. Too much refined sucrose can sometimes be debilitating though, ideally orange juice or ripe melon is the best form of sucrose i think.

Last edited:

gaze

Another thing i've noticed is that for good temperatures, the most important thing is to lower adrenaline. there are some conflicting reports on sucroses ability to lower adrenaline. Ray himself has said some conflicting things as well, because he reccomends sugar to lower adrenaline, but some studies show adrenaline higher on a sucrose based diet. in response to that study ray said it's a possibility that sucrose lowers cortisol which allows adrenaline to come to the surface, and adrenaline is better than cortisol until hypothyroidism is fixed in which both get lowered. he's also said sodium lowers adrenaline. So yea, the cortisol vs adrenaline energy vs thyroid energy is where the key to warm feet lies, and I myself am not 100% on what's the proper method to lower adrenaline permanently without taking thyroid hormone.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Another thing i've noticed is that for good temperatures, the most important thing is to lower adrenaline. there are some conflicting reports on sucroses ability to lower adrenaline. Ray himself has said some conflicting things as well, because he reccomends sugar to lower adrenaline, but some studies show adrenaline higher on a sucrose based diet. in response to that study ray said it's a possibility that sucrose lowers cortisol which allows adrenaline to come to the surface, and adrenaline is better than cortisol until hypothyroidism is fixed in which both get lowered. he's also said sodium lowers adrenaline. So yea, the cortisol vs adrenaline energy vs thyroid energy is where the key to warm feet lies, and I myself am not 100% on what's the proper method to lower adrenaline permanently without taking thyroid hormone.

i agree with this. Noradrenaline in particular. Ive mentioned on many threads with ny struggle with cold feet. I notice when i am asleep my feet and hands are insanely toasty. Its not till after being up for a bit does the temps in my extremities start to drop. This is no doubt related to energy

PaRa

i agree with this. Noradrenaline in particular. Ive mentioned on many threads with ny struggle with cold feet. I notice when i am asleep my feet and hands are insanely toasty. Its not till after being up for a bit does the temps in my extremities start to drop. This is no doubt related to energy
same here, only moments when my hands and feets are warm are when I sleep, 30seconds after waking up, frozen everywhere, for the whole day

mostlylurking

I don't think that works. The straight glucose (in starch) spikes the insulin, The insulin shuttles the glucose into fat, thereby lowering the blood sugar and making it unavailable to make energy (ATP). Then you get a spike in cortisol, topped off long term with obesity and diabetes.

If you'd focus on what is needed to make ATP you'd be better able to answer this puzzle. Thyroid hormone and thiamine are a couple of the things needed. If they are missing you can't make ATP very well and you tend to get stuck in the cancer metabolism with cold feet.

PaRa

I don't think that works. The straight glucose (in starch) spikes the insulin, The insulin shuttles the glucose into fat, thereby lowering the blood sugar and making it unavailable to make energy (ATP). Then you get a spike in cortisol, topped off long term with obesity and diabetes.

If you'd focus on what is needed to make ATP you'd be better able to answer this puzzle. Thyroid hormone and thiamine are a couple of the things needed. If they are missing you can't make ATP very well and you tend to get stuck in the cancer metabolism with cold feet.

wtf
glucose will replenishes glycogen stores wayyyyyyy before adipocytes lmao (unless you eat way more than you need)

Non credo che funzioni. Il glucosio puro (nell'amido) aumenta l'insulina, l'insulina trasporta il glucosio in grasso, abbassando così lo zucchero nel sangue e rendendolo non disponibile per produrre energia (ATP). Quindi ottieni un picco nel cortisolo, completato a lungo termine con obesità e diabete.

[MEDIA = youtube] BGS3PPgBApU: 529 [/ MEDIA]

Se ti concentrassi su ciò che è necessario per creare ATP, saresti in grado di rispondere meglio a questo puzzle. L'ormone tiroideo e la tiamina sono un paio di cose necessarie. Se mancano non puoi produrre molto bene l'ATP e tendi a rimanere bloccato nel metabolismo del cancro con i piedi freddi.

If you'd focus on what is needed to make ATP you'd be better able to answer this puzzle. Thyroid hormone and thiamine are a couple of the things needed. If they are missing you can't make ATP very well and you tend to get stuck in the cancer metabolism with co

Known Negative Effects On Increasing Acetylcholine With B1 ... Is There Anything That Can Counter This?

mostlylurking

Known Negative Effects On Increasing Acetylcholine With B1 ... Is There Anything That Can Counter This?
I don't know.

I've been dealing with symptoms of disautonomia. These symptoms disappear with the supplementation of B1. They reappear if I cut back on the dose. If you are deficient in B1 your metabolic pathway is blocked and there are some pretty serious consequences. The autonomic nervous system can get compromised, maybe this is because there isn't enough acetylcholine? I don't know.

I suspect, like with many health issues, this is a balancing act. I am hoping that I can recover from the damage I sustained via antibiotics that caused my B1 deficiency (?) blockage (?) and I will be able to reduce my dose in the next month or two.

I have not experienced any negative effects when taking large doses of thiamine for the past 2.5 months. No learned helplessness issues. No allergies. I'm in Texas in cedar country and many people around me are currently suffering from cedar fever, but I'm fine. So far so good. But I'll be on the watch for high acetylcholine symptoms.

I did have one bad experience with the thiamine. I took a dose without taking magnesium with it. It really messed me up. Increased inflammation, insomnia, which cleared up in about 6 hours. I've read that thiamine without magnesium increases serotonin.

Always take magnesium with thiamine. It burns through potassium too so I always take it with orange juice.

mostlylurking

I searched for "B1 and Acetylcholine" and found this: SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals
quote:
Summary
1. The effect of vitamins on the synthesis of acetylcholine was investigated.
2. Vitamin A and K decreased the synthesis of acetylcholine in low and increasing concentrations. Vitamin D did not modify the synthesis in low concentrations and decreased it in higher ones. Vitamin B1 slightly increased the synthesis of acetylcholine in low concentrations and decreased it in higher ones.
3. Riboflavin, nicotinic acid, nicotinamide, calcium pantothenate, p-amino benzoic acid, pyridoxine, and vitamin C did not modify the synthesis in low concentrations and increased it in higher ones.
4. Vitamin E increased the synthesis in low and increasing concentrations.

also this article: The high acetylcholine syndrome » MENELITE
quote: Vitamin B1 slightly increases the synthesis of acetylcholine in low concentrations and decreases it in higher ones (R).

Last edited:

mostlylurking

gaze

Same. Ray seems to think noradrenaline is a good thing, this is what he said:

"It increases oxygen consumption and carbon dioxide production, with many protective effects. Noradrenalin is a central part of brain functioning, and integrates energy metabolism throughout the body, releasing glucose from stored glycogen; it isn't a stress hormone. Sugar protects against increased cortisol/cortisone. The cultists say it's addictive and causes stress, but that's their problem."

and "Hypothyroidism makes cells insensitive, and to keep functioning, the body has to increase the signals to activate them. Some hypothyroid people get very tense, alert, and sometimes even hypermetabolic, while others become sluggish, dull, and cold. Noradrenalin is largely responsible for the better kind of adaptive response. Serotonin dominance tends toward hibernation as a way to get through stress. Evidence from lizards and hibernating squirrels shows that polyunsaturated fats are responsible for that kind of adaptive avoidance. When thyroid functions, and the available energy fuels (sugars and saturated fats) are optimal, cells are very sensitive to all appropriate signals, and so the nerve signals, and other hormones, can decrease to very low levels. Both glucose and fructose help to keep the brain's T3 level up. "

1610995924300.png

Heres the chart showing higher nor adrenaline on sucrose.

I have a lot of doubts about Rays perspective on this. It's known that noradrenaline prevents insulin from lowering free fatty acids, along with it itself liberalizing free fatty acids. I wonder if so much sucrose prevents the beneficial aspects of insulin lowering noradrenaline and FFA because the fructose blocks insulin. I think high noradrenaline is a big reason why so many people fail without starch, because starch lowers noradrenaline and FFA at the same time. However, the endotoxin problem and insulin crash still remains....so starch remains as a mystery to me.

gaze

But Insulin also lowers Free fatty acids, and adrenaline, allowing thyroid hormone to work. Of course the "crash" is extremely bad, but many people eat starch without any crash, so long as they eat a balanced meal and don't have endotoxin problems (I personally am unable to achieve this, this is just my observation of friends and family around me). Insulin is an anabolic hormone, along with T3. They both oppose cortisol and adrenaline. Many of the actions of T3 and insulin are actually pretty similar. The problem is when you don't have any T3 cause weak thyroid, would it be better to eat a fruit and milk diet with low insulin, hoping the thyroid turns on, or using insulin from starch to get the beneficial aspects of T3, such as lowering free fatty acids, lowering adrenaline, putting amino acids into muscles, and restoring glycogen? There seems to be a delicate balance point with starch, too much and you get a crash and endotoxin, too little and your running on adrenaline from the sucrose as shown in the study I posted above. Also it's Ray's belief that humans in the natural diet got thyroid, so It's pretty much required to be healthy to supplement thyroid, especially past a certain age. While I think that may be true, I personally do not supplement. I wonder if a caveat to the fruit and milk diet is you have to supplement at least a little bit, or else it will never completely work. Maybe for people who don't supplement, using a bit of starch can produce a similar effect. I also have never met anyone in real life who I would consider to be healthy who does not eat starch, but then again there's level to health and they may not be at the highest level that one could reach.

Last edited: