Which Of These Diet Plans Would You Choose?

Ron J

And why you chose it.
Both have equal macros. The protein source is mostly dairy(milk & casein) and some liver.
Diet plan A:
-48 fluid Oz of orange juice
-1.5 cups of table sugar mixed with the orange juice and water
-B vitamins(powder) several times the daily value
Diet plan B:
-24 fluid Oz of orange juice
-Starches, many of which have serotonin. In the most part potatoes, green bananas, bananas, and plantains.
I'd appreciate some feedback.

theLaw

A.

Unless your gut is in excellent shape, I would stay away from starch.

Although, you could also do Cooked Potato Juice in place of starches.

OP
R

Ron J

A.

Unless your gut is in excellent shape, I would stay away from starch.

Although, you could also do Cooked Potato Juice in place of starches.
I'd have to eat starch for a while to see how I do. I can't tell if I ever had gut problems.
Sometimes I wonder if "tolerating" certain foods is just getting used to being less healthy, or just your body achieving balance(assuming that your diet is on point in the most part).

Diokine

Both terrible.

-1.5 cups of table sugar mixed with the orange juice and water

jackie-chan.jpg

OP
R

Ron J

Both terrible.

jackie-chan.jpg
Not that picture. Is it that bad?
Shouldn't I be fine with the b vitamin powders and the vitamins & minerals from milk? We are talking about 200g of protein from dairy.

Starches, many of which have serotonin.

Which ones? Potatoes and rice don't. Green bananas, bananas and plantains aren't starches, they're fruits that have starch if not ripe. The starch they contain is also not the same as boiled roots or rice in the sense that it's not the same process of hydrolysis and fluffiness for our gut lining. Also, anything that irritates the gut can increase serotonin so there are many non-starch foods that can do this.

My diet is mostly boiled potatoes and orange juice.

milk_lover

Both diets look restrictive to me but if I have to choose, I would go with A. However, I would replace the sugared water with coke because I enjoy the taste of it.

Diokine

:playful: Maybe it is not so bad, I shouldn't be so quick to judge. I think I've probably done something similar at some point. Add in some soups and shrimps, mushrooms and some boiled veggies, fresh fruit juice here and there and that's pretty much what I eat all the time anyways.

My stomach would probably die living on juice...

Lukas

- keep PUFA low
- focus on nutrient dense food
- eat what seems appealing to you

schultz

I'd pick the second diet but use only super ripe bananas and the potatoes (not the green bananas or plantain). At the very least, that diet would taste better. I like to enjoy food *gasp!* :eek:

I don't trust plantains and green bananas make me want to vomit.

Djukami

None. Eat foods that makes you feel healthy, keep PUFAs low and avoid all sorts of additives.

Easier said than done, I know. But the point is, for instance, don't avoid eating potatoes or bananas if they make you feel good.
What looks good on paper, may not be good for you at all.

OP
R

Ron J

Which ones? Potatoes and rice don't. Green bananas, bananas and plantains aren't starches, they're fruits that have starch if not ripe. The starch they contain is also not the same as boiled roots or rice in the sense that it's not the same process of hydrolysis and fluffiness for our gut lining. Also, anything that irritates the gut can increase serotonin so there are many non-starch foods that can do this.

My diet is mostly boiled potatoes and orange juice.

To clarify, the diet would be mostly potatoes and plantains.

OP
R

Ron J

@Djukami
@Lukas
Yeah, I'm doing low PUFA, it's fat free dairy.
@milk_lover I actually plan to make a DIY carbonator.
@schultz That's probably what I'd end up doing(if I was on that diet plan) since I like banana + OJ smoothie.
@Wagner83 How's your diet like at the moment? I can think of a much better diet plan, but the money would be an issue.
@Such_Saturation It's only the OJ sugar carb source, the dairy is powder(fat free milk & casein).

Lucenzo01

Add some liver, eggs and ground beef. Yogurt is great too if you have digestion issues. Potatoes are great too.

theLaw

This might help:

Can I Live Off Of Milk And Orange Juice Alone?

Also note Haidut's post :
If you add potatoes and butter once a week you'll be fine. In fact, it has been shown that you can live only on potatoes and butter indefinitely (the study was 2 years I think) and not incur deficiencies.Potato is really good, it will drain you of the extra ammonia all protein produces through metabolism.
I agree with user "john" above - iron stores would be the only concern on high milk diet. My ferritin dropped from 87 to 59 in just 6 months of high milk and cheese diet. Milk chelates iron very well so be aware of this potential side effect.

OP
R

Ron J

@theLaw
Good thread. This part certainly interests me: "Potato is really good, it will drain you of the extra ammonia all protein produces through metabolism."

Wagner83

@Wagner83 How's your diet like at the moment? I can think of a much better diet plan, but the money would be an issue.
I would not call my diet ideal, but here it is:

Fat intake is controlled but not very low at all, carbs are plenty (mainly starch) , I've upped proteins with good effects so far. In no particular order :
wacky potatoes, sticky rice (although I'm pretty sure it still slows down transit time too much), organic pasta and bread made with some butter and a bit of sugar ("brioche"), ham (low fat and I remove the fat around), wild caught shrimps , ground beef (15%gelatin ), chicken breast sometimes, eggs, butter, salads (infrequent, tomatoes , bit of olive oil, lemon juice), coke, crystal clear apple juice, expresso, pressed lemon, apples (peeled), sometimes kiwi fruits, organic ketchup/tomato sauce, cod, kale. I mostly avoid dairy as it does not agree with me as much I'd like, better dairy are goat cheese (soft) and mozzarella di buffala (no cow).
Small amounts of fat soluble vits may help. If I could get more seafood and in particular oysters I'd give it a try.
My main goal at the moment is to achieve 2 BM daily, but I've not been successful so far, m_arch told me betaine hcl helps a lot with that, I suspect expresso + apple juice and freshly pressed lemon on an empty stomach may help too.

Last edited: