Which Of The Two Women Do You Find Most Attractive? (study)

Which of the two women do you find most attractive?

• The left one.

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • The right one.

Votes: 101 91.0%

• Total voters

TheSir

I think the tendencies illustrated here are precisely what the pic above in the OP on the right made people pick it as the more feminine looking face. The reference to "very feminine" I see more as a personal preference of a brand of beauty. My main point however being that it wasn't relevant at any rate to this specific comparison.
Yes exactly, they are the same tendencies. If the aim was to really study how high testosterone men perceive attractiveness compared to low testosterone men, it would've been more illuminating to use a face that was closer to the '1200' in the gif, rather than faces that were both at the low end of the scale.

Max23

Same. What's that say about us? I like a strong looking woman. The right doesn't seem more feminine but instead more weak and vulnerable. Interesting thread!

That´s a good question. Maybe that we are perfectionists who like better stuff. A confident woman is one possible type of attractiveness. I was thinking of more vulnerable women who are hot and Ariana Grande came to mind. Then I was thinking about who is a confident female celebrity. Well, Katy Perry of course. Then I asked myself who is hotter, Ariana Grande or Katy Perry? Honestly I can´t decide and don´t care. Both of them are hot as hell. I´ll have either one.

J

jb116

Yes exactly, they are the same tendencies. If the aim was to really study how high testosterone men perceive attractiveness compared to low testosterone men, it would've been more illuminating to use a face that was closer to the '1200' in the gif, rather than faces that were both at the low end of the scale.
A tendency highlights a trend, and because the comparison is what matters here not evaluating what is "the hot girl" or "the attractive one," it still made its case. A subtle difference showing a tendency is therefore much more illuminating than an obvious choice of said tendency.

TheSir

A tendency highlights a trend, and because the comparison is what matters here not evaluating what is "the hot girl" or "the attractive one," it still made its case. A subtle difference showing a tendency is therefore much more illuminating than an obvious choice of said tendency.
It is illuminating, but of a different thing. You are pointing out that the comparison in OP demonstrates that people can generally agree upon which face is more feminine. And I agree. However, I am trying to explain that there is a threshold of hyper-femininity to which only highly tested males will be attracted to, which was the premise that this thread was started with:

The more testosterone in men's blood, the more they are attracted to women with very feminine facial features, write British psychologists in Hormones & Behavior.

Were the comparison between feminine and hyper-feminine women, the poll results would've been more divided (since not everyone in this thread has sufficiently high testosterone as to appreciate hyper-femininity), which would've made for a more interesting discussion in my opinion.

J

jb116

It is illuminating, but of a different thing. You are pointing out that the comparison in OP demonstrates that people can generally agree upon which face is more feminine. And I agree. However, I am trying to explain that there is a threshold of hyper-femininity to which only highly tested males will be attracted to, which was the premise that this thread was started with:

Were the comparison between feminine and hyper-feminine women, the poll results would've been more divided (since not everyone in this thread has sufficiently high testosterone as to appreciate hyper-femininity), which would've made for a more interesting discussion in my opinion.
The bolded statement is where I was carefully predicting your momentum taking you and it is somewhat presumptuous to state for the sake of demonstrating attraction to hyper-femininity. I do understand what you're getting at of course but even as you said that truly is a different thing. For me, this subtlety is actually a testimony to testosterone. Rather than glossing over detail, the nuance is picked up on and the majority perspective leans with a tendency. That tells a lot. I think in a "different thing," a comparison of vastly different testosterone levels with perhaps more hyper-femininity might be illuminating as a 3rd variable group. The "what if it was this level, with a 3rd picture, what would be chosen and by whom?" I personally think the subtle comparison is more telling, as I said earlier, hyper-femininity might be too obvious of a choice.

TheSir

Lol, and you know this how?
Just an elementary statistical assumption. It is unlikely that all users in any given thread have well above average testosterone, because that's how average works.

The bolded statement is where I was carefully predicting your momentum taking you and it is somewhat presumptuous to state for the sake of demonstrating attraction to hyper-femininity. I do understand what you're getting at of course but even as you said that truly is a different thing. For me, this subtlety is actually a testimony to testosterone. Rather than glossing over detail, the nuance is picked up on and the majority perspective leans with a tendency. That tells a lot. I think in a "different thing," a comparison of vastly different testosterone levels with perhaps more hyper-femininity might be illuminating as a 3rd variable group. The "what if it was this level, with a 3rd picture, what would be chosen and by whom?" I personally think the subtle comparison is more telling, as I said earlier, hyper-femininity might be too obvious of a choice.
It's not about whether or not the choice is obvious. Hyper-femininity simply isn't that attractive to men without equally strong masculinity. In sexual dynamics, opposite polarities of equal intensity attract each other the most. Androgynous people will be attracted to other androgynous people, and highly sexed individuals to others individuals of such nature (in general!).

Because both faces in OP have somewhat averagely feminine characteristics, most of us will naturally be attracted to the more feminine one, because its femininity is still well within the borders of wide-appealing mediocrity... meaning that men with low and high testosterone alike will tend to find her more attractive.

Kunstruct

You can see here in the unaltered image it is a bit more subtle, what the researchers suggested to the people who looked at these photos, was not a Left or Right as the OP implies with this cropped image.

QUJpekG.jpg

firebreather

I can only see one difference and that's the eyebrows. Otherwise both pics look the exact same

This study seems off.. it’s pretty conclusive and accepted that a positive canthal tilt of the eyes is more attractive, which is what the girl on the right has more than on the left

mangoes

I can only see one difference and that's the eyebrows. Otherwise both pics look the exact same

they’re not the same but I think it’s supposed to be minimal

they changed the eyes, the canthal tilt (more of an angled “cat eye”) and I think they widened the irises. They slimmed the nose. They lowered the sides of the hairline so it’s closer to the eyebrows. They plumped her (lower) lip. I think they also rounded her face ever so slightly. a slightly wider cheek and smaller chin

J

jb116

Just an elementary statistical assumption. It is unlikely that all users in any given thread have well above average testosterone, because that's how average works.

It's not about whether or not the choice is obvious. Hyper-femininity simply isn't that attractive to men without equally strong masculinity. In sexual dynamics, opposite polarities of equal intensity attract each other the most. Androgynous people will be attracted to other androgynous people, and highly sexed individuals to others individuals of such nature (in general!).

Because both faces in OP have somewhat averagely feminine characteristics, most of us will naturally be attracted to the more feminine one, because its femininity is still well within the borders of wide-appealing mediocrity... meaning that men with low and high testosterone alike will tend to find her more attractive.
I think that is an error based on mutual attraction hypotheses. Mind you, mutual attraction is not invalid at all but it doesn't apply to whether or not one party finds another party attractive. This is what model, possibly actress worship is based on, which includes an audience of average and below masculine males. Hyper-femininity is of course attractive to sub-par masculine men; they are simply just not a feasible option for these types of men: the proverbial "out of league." It's crazy to think that not true lest the whole of historical marketing and using sex appeal to beguile an audience would've never got off the ground. Your basic idea of sexual dynamics is absolutely true but we are talking about fantastical assessment, not the potential to consider as a mate or not. If that were the case, then yes equal intensity attract each other. Therefore removing obvious hyper-femininity or sexuality or whatever, whatever that is obvious, to me, removes the conventional fantastical assessment and grounds it to a decision of subtle nuance. I think in fact a more feasible test for degrees of masculinity should be analysing confidence, pro-active decision making, and the pursuit or not of what would be considered "out-of-league" mates. Imagine testing that in males with their different periods of testosterone levels. That would be telling.

Kunstruct

That's actually very good you said that.
In the actual study picture which I have posted if you look they ask you not which is better left or right, they know that is a way to influence the results, because especially insecure people will quickly choose the response that better fits what the norm of their collective or people that are close to them. Not everybody has to be insecure, but many are.

So by having gradations you have a more realistic answer towards what you would probably say if you would not care about what others think, in reality we want very much the validation of others so when that happens we tend to be more cut and dry, left or right, rather than nuanced.

So you have to answer based on the top answers, from left to right, Much More Attractive, More Attractive, Somewhat More Attractive, Slightly More Attractive, Slightly More Attractive, Somewhat More Attractive, More Attractive, Much More Attractive.

Considered that you have noticed yourself a difference on your eyebrows you may want to choose one of the answers above.
Easily someone can come and say there are other differences, but that it not important, each and answer for themselves.

T

TheBeard

This study seems off.. it’s pretty conclusive and accepted that a positive canthal tilt of the eyes is more attractive, which is what the girl on the right has more than on the left

How is that incompatible with the high testosterone assumption affecting the preference?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals