Which milk has the best Phosphorus to Calcium ratio?

GelatinGoblin

Hey guys I just want a simple answer on this. Cow, sheep, goat? I know cow is like 0.8:1 phosphorus to Calcium which isn't the best. I'm eating a lot of red meat and find it hard to get a 1:1 ratio or even bring it up to such a ratio. For now I'll probably add 1.5 grams of eggshell powder to my breakfast meal just so things don't go haywire.
Here is something interesting, in human milk the phosphorus is x6 times lower than cow milk. Makes me think its not the most ideal food in certain aspects.
So which milk has the best ratio?
Goat, sheep, cow, ???
Thanks.

Razvan

Hey guys I just want a simple answer on this. Cow, sheep, goat? I know cow is like 0.8:1 phosphorus to Calcium which isn't the best. I'm eating a lot of red meat and find it hard to get a 1:1 ratio or even bring it up to such a ratio. For now I'll probably add 1.5 grams of eggshell powder to my breakfast meal just so things don't go haywire.
Here is something interesting, in human milk the phosphorus is x6 times lower than cow milk. Makes me think its not the most ideal food in certain aspects.
So which milk has the best ratio?
Goat, sheep, cow, ???
Thanks.
Maybe sheep,but you need to balance it with sugar has it has much higher fat and protein(more tryptophan) but 1L of sheep milk has 1960 calcium/1570 phosphorus.
Much more calcium but almost same ratio. Milk's ratio are pretty similar,it's a shame.

OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

Can't get sheep milk in my country sadly... Would cheese from sheep's milk work? I wonder

Razvan

Can't get sheep milk in my country sadly... Would cheese from sheep's milk work? I wonder
Yes sheep cheese is amazing. It's very different from cow cheese and just feels better for me. Sheep dairy has less opioids than cow if you are sensitive to it.
Goat milk is good as well because has more tyrosine than any other milk and the ratio with tryptophan is bigger than 4:1 thus slowering the tryptophan conversion in serotonin.
Goat milk has less opioids aswell if you are sensitive, sometimes I just crave goat milk.

OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

Yes sheep cheese is amazing. It's very different from cow cheese and just feels better for me. Sheep dairy has less opioids than cow if you are sensitive to it.
Goat milk is good as well because has more tyrosine than any other milk and the ratio with tryptophan is bigger than 4:1 thus slowering the tryptophan conversion in serotonin.
Goat milk has less opioids aswell if you are sensitive, sometimes I just crave goat milk.
Thanks

Razvan

Still need to find buffalo milk as it has 1.5/1 ratio so it looks very promising.

Razvan

Mozzarella from buffalos in italy is very rich in calcium has high ratio of it C/P ,lower tryptophan,high taurine. It's amazing, highly recommend it.

OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

Still need to find buffalo milk as it has 1.5/1 ratio so it looks very promising.
I wish... There is one place in my country which is the only place that makes buffalo milk. Unfortunately I think they mainly do cheeses. Maybe worth the drive over there ;) if I can get it I'll update on how it is.
For buffalo and sheep I think the only practical thing is cheeses. I'll see if I can find some cheese from buffalo milk as you mentioned

OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

500~ Calcium 700~ phosphorus for Kashkaval sheep cheese. Bad C:P ratio it seems...

Jam

Never had Kashkaval sheep cheese, but Italian pecorino sheep cheeses have somewhere around 743c : 575p

Jam

Ah, Kashkaval is a derivative of Caciocavallo... never did like it much.

OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

The cheeses of sheep milk seems to have bad C:P
I think I'll try getting some Goat cheese, and buffalo cheese from Italy ( Mozzarella di Bufala Campana ) or cheese produced from one Buffalo dairy farm in my country. I would maybe try to get milk but that dairy is very far, not worth it probably.

Dave Clark

In my neck of the woods here in the Amish/Mennonite area of Pa., there are farms that are producing and selling camel milk. From what I read, it is very healthy in terms of immunogobulins, etc., but it is also very expensive. Goat milk and cow milk is readily available, but I haven't seen sheep's milk, and only one farm that does water buffalo milk (that too is off the chart expensive).

jzone56

If you have a high protein diet, it will be pretty hard to even out your Ca:P ratio by consuming more dairy. Best to supplement with calcium carbonate

OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

If you have a high protein diet, it will be pretty hard to even out your Ca:P ratio by consuming more dairy. Best to supplement with calcium carbonate
Yes I think I will supplement eggshell powder once in a while.

Jam

Not really...
Screenshot 2021-04-03 203856.jpg

jzone56

Not really...
Is the 200g serving of Veal the only meat you had all day? If so, that explains why you're Ca:P is balanced. OP says he's eating lots of red meat... so the more protein you have from meat & chicken, the more pure calcium you're going to need to offset phosphorous