Which Isomer Is Kuinone And Does It Matter?

DaveFoster

that page has no mention of isomers, just topical absorption details
You didn't read the posts on my link.

haidut:
"As I have said many times on the forum, I prefer vitamin K2 (MK-4). Most of the research on MK-7 is suspect and sponsored by companies producing it. There is a reason only MK-4 is approved as osteoporosis drug in Japan, Korea, Vietnam, etc.
As far as the half-life, anything that absorbs through the skin tends to have longer half life due to the lower impact of hepatic metabolism. I encourage people to do blood tests to confirm effects and half-life."

OP
nullredvector

nullredvector

You didn't read the posts on my link.

haidut:
"As I have said many times on the forum, I prefer vitamin K2 (MK-4). Most of the research on MK-7 is suspect and sponsored by companies producing it. There is a reason only MK-4 is approved as osteoporosis drug in Japan, Korea, Vietnam, etc.
As far as the half-life, anything that absorbs through the skin tends to have longer half life due to the lower impact of hepatic metabolism. I encourage people to do blood tests to confirm effects and half-life."
yeah i wasn't inquiring about mk7 vs mk4. i was inquiring about the trans vs cis isomer of mk4.

more details here but the source of that info is still healthnatura:
Vitamin K2-Mk4 Now Available!

haidut

Forum Supporter
Healthnatura goes into a whole thing about testing k2 sources and such and states that the trans isomer of MK-4 is the bioidentical one. (True K2 the best Mk4 on the market today)

Which form is kuinone?
Does it matter?

Kuinone contains entirely the all-trans isomer of vitamin K2 (MK-4). No cis- isomer in the product as far as testing shows. Not sure if it matters despite the claims about all-trans being the "real deal". For comparison, the active form of vitamin A is also available as all-trans-retinoic-acid and various cis-retinoic-acid isomers (9-cis-retinoic-acid, 13-cis-retinoic-acid, etc). The studies comparing them do not find much of a difference and in fact all cis-isomers of retinoic acid convert to all-trans retinoic acid once inside the organism (at least in humans). Have not seen much research on the vitamin K2 side of things in regards to isomers and their activity but the cis-isomer is commonly administered in hospitals and has been definitively shown to have biological activity. Whether is has less, the same, or more activity than all-trans I don't know. But again, Kuinone (just like Glakay) has only the all-trans variety.

OP
nullredvector

nullredvector

Kuinone contains entirely the all-trans isomer of vitamin K2 (MK-4). No cis- isomer in the product as far as testing shows. Not sure if it matters despite the claims about all-trans being the "real deal". For comparison, the active form of vitamin A is also available as all-trans-retinoic-acid and various cis-retinoic-acid isomers (9-cis-retinoic-acid, 13-cis-retinoic-acid, etc). The studies comparing them do not find much of a difference and in fact all cis-isomers of retinoic acid convert to all-trans retinoic acid once inside the organism (at least in humans). Have not seen much research on the vitamin K2 side of things in regards to isomers and their activity but the cis-isomer is commonly administered in hospitals and has been definitively shown to have biological activity. Whether is has less, the same, or more activity than all-trans I don't know. But again, Kuinone (just like Glakay) has only the all-trans variety.
Thanks, haidut!!!!!!

DaveFoster

OP
nullredvector

nullredvector

My apologies; I misunderstood what you were saying.
oh i see my first question is a bit ambiguous. ill fix that. edit: oh cant edit my OP, oh well. yeah when I said 'form' i was referring to isomer not chain length, but you already got that :)