Which is the most reliable method for thyroid blood test - RIA, IRMA, ELISA, ECLIA or what?

Hi my endocrinologist wants an RIA/IRMA test. But im always normal using TSH IRMA test.

But if the method is ECLIA RIA i see my TSH goes up when im not taking thyrax (T4 only). But if i take T4 it goes down around 1 to 3

So what method are you using in your labs/ hospitals.

jaguar43

I have never heard of those acronym's before. Is that like radioactive testing or something ?

What I did was buy a thyroid panel from an online company(directlabs), then go to a labcrop and they draw blood and wait a few days for the results Since in the U.S doctors don't test anything but tsh and t4. The panel included tsh, t4, free t4, t3, total t3, reverse t3, t3 uptake, free t3.

OP
HealthisWealth
Hi its not an antibodies test. Its a method they use for tsh, t4, t3, ft3, ft4

Example they use RIA method for T3,T4. TSH.....etc

The same with ELISA test method...... T3 T4 TSH....etc

IRMA test method.......T3 T4 TSH...etc

ECLIA method.....

The reason i dont want the IRMA test method because my TSH always shows normal using that method when i was not taking any thyroid medication. But if i use ECLIA test it shows abnormalities in my TSH test its around 5 to 6.

My endocrinologist want an RIA test method because its the most sensitive. Will check each laboratory here in my country where to get that test.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals