Which Is Better For Weightloss/Prolactin - Bromocriptine Or Lisuride?

A.R

Because of high prolactin levels, weight gain seems to get accelerated. Was wondering if anyone has any experiences of using either of the two drugs, and which one would be most effective.

Thank You

paymanz

I would go for lisuride if I had access to it.

I'm not sure how they compared for lowering prolactin but bromo has some serotonin agonist actions that make problems.

But to my knowledge lisuride has no pro serotonin effects.

Waynish

Whether you use one or the other has more to do with how you feel on them. One drop of lisuride can interfere with your day and shouldn't be taken every day for ages anyway. So best to try a few options and see how you do.

Travis

I was reading a study on PUFA and came across this passage:
Other studies demonstrated that, in mammary tumorigenesis in a given strain of rat, the tumor incidence corresponds directly to serum prolactin titers (22, 26, 29). Therefore, we studied whether the dietary fat effect is mediated by prolactin. When DMBA-treated rats were fed a high- or a low-fat diet and given an antiprolactin drug, 2-bromo-a-ergocryptine (CB 154), the incidence in the 2 groups was similar, although at a lower level (6). In other words, the differential effect of high-fat and low-fat diets was eliminated. These experiments suggest that, when serum prolactin levels were depressed by ergocryptine (15, 22), the effects of different dietary fat levels on mammary tumor development were no longer expressed. Thus, the tumor-enhancing effect of high fat intake appears to be mediated by prolactin.
Dietary Fat and Growth Promotion of Rat Mammary Tumors

The name he uses, 2-bromo-a-ergocryptine, is different but equivalent to bromocriptine. Wikipedia's page states bromocriptine as synonymous with 2-bromoergocriptine. Bromocriptine is merely a condensed version.

It helped protect rats from prolactin-initiated cancers (mammary, prostate).

I had no idea that it was anti-prolactin. I was under the impression that it was only anti-serotonin.

Diokine

@Travis

Wow, fantastic find. Prolactin is antagonistic to adiponectin, which may explain some of the mechanism of action.

sladerunner69

I was reading a study on PUFA and came across this passage:

Dietary Fat and Growth Promotion of Rat Mammary Tumors

The name he uses, 2-bromo-a-ergocryptine, is different but equivalent to bromocriptine. Wikipedia's page states bromocriptine as synonymous with 2-bromoergocriptine. Bromocriptine is merely a condensed version.

It helped protect rats from prolactin-initiated cancers (mammary, prostate).

I had no idea that it was anti-prolactin. I was under the impression that it was only anti-serotonin.

Well anything that is anti serotonin will be anti prolactin... these chemicals are all part of the stress cascade along with estrogen, cortisol, pth, etc. When one is elevated the rest tend to be elevated as well.

ddjd

my vote is for lisuride. Im quite impressed with it. extremely good at reducing serotonin

Mauritio

@Travis

Wow, fantastic find. Prolactin is antagonistic to adiponectin, which may explain some of the mechanism of action.
Interesting! Adiponectin on the other hand leads to more fat loss . Low adiponectin is associated with dementia, insulin resistance,diabetes mellitus and artherosclerosis. So by lowering prolactin (=increasing adiponectin) lisuride, bromocriptine and cabergoline may treat obesity, diabetes ,artherosclerosis and dementia .
Some if it still has to be proven ,but I am very positive that it will cure it or at least help a lot. Some of it is already proven e.g. bromocriptine for diabetes.

"Transgenic mice with increased adiponectin show reduced adipocyte differentiation and increased energy expenditure associated with mitochondrial uncoupling.[13] The hormone plays a role in the suppression of the metabolic derangements that may result in type 2 diabetes,[10] obesity, atherosclerosis,[8] non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and an independent risk factor for metabolic syndrome.[14] Adiponectin in combination with leptin has been shown to completely reverse insulin resistance in mice.[15]"

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals