Which has more PUFA: Yolk or White?

pauljacob

I searched online but didn't get an answer. I'd appreciate any response.

schultz

The egg white or the egg yolk? I don't think the white has any fat in it at all.... maybe trace?

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

Egg whites do not contain fat of any kind.
Thank you mariantos. I was hoping egg white contains some PUFA, because I dispose of it and eat only the yolk. Is there a way or method to reduce PUFA content of the yolk?

mariantos

Thank you mariantos. I was hoping egg white contains some PUFA, because I dispose of it and eat only the yolk. Is there a way or method to reduce PUFA content of the yolk?
You're welcome sir!

Look, I eat 3 raw eggs every night, both egg white and egg yolk. Personally I use a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, added to the three eggs. I understand that vitamin E is quite effective.
I don't know exactly other more effective methods, so I don't want to give you the wrong answer.

PaRa

You're welcome sir!

Look, I eat 3 raw eggs every night, both egg white and egg yolk. Personally I use a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, added to the three eggs. I understand that vitamin E is quite effective.
I don't know exactly other more effective methods, so I don't want to give you the wrong answer.
eggs normally have the necesary content of vit E to balance their PUFAs
peat uses coconut oil, olive oil has no use to balance the pufa
whatever, best is to just eat your eggs with runny yolks and maybe add some vit E, while not using oils etc

mariantos

whatever, best is to just eat your eggs with runny yolks and maybe add some vit E, while not using oils etc
I was thinking that vitamin E of extra virgin olive oil is of higher value due to its high content of α-tocopherol which is the most active type. I also use it for other benefits it has and because I like it.

Dr. B

not if youre talking reducing the pufa in the yolk you buy from the store, but youd need to get 100% grass fed chickens, or like butter fed/meat fed chickens which are extremely hard to find since nobodys gonna want to feed liver and butter to chickens. chickens on pasture will naturally eat bugs and seeds too, basically whatever they find. so youd need to have chickens that are strictly grass fed or even butter/beef fed.

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

You're welcome sir!

Thank you mariantos, appreciate your input. :thumbsup:
Thank you PaRa. I usually fry my eggs with coconut oil and some butter.

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

not if youre talking reducing the pufa in the yolk you buy from the store, but youd need to get 100% grass fed chickens, or like butter fed/meat fed chickens which are extremely hard to find since nobodys gonna want to feed liver and butter to chickens. chickens on pasture will naturally eat bugs and seeds too, basically whatever they find. so youd need to have chickens that are strictly grass fed or even butter/beef fed.
Thank you Mr. Bollox. In the U.S., you need to be wealthy to afford truly grass-fed eggs. They're close to $10 a dozen, with no guarantee they're truly grass fed.

Dr. B

Thank you Mr. Bollox. In the U.S., you need to be wealthy to afford truly grass-fed eggs. They're close to $10 a dozen, with no guarantee they're truly grass fed.
where do you get these from? do you mean the eggs that say pasture raised?
yes with both eggs/cows, i know if a milk says "grass fed" it actually only means they have to be grass fed a minimum 30% of the year. you have to look for a "100% grass fed" on the label to be assured theyre grass fed.
vaccine status is rarely or never mentioned on milk and egg products.
im not sure of eggs but i think 'pasture raised' and 'raw honey' are similar unregulated terms. many pasture raised eggs are actually still fed corn/soy/grains. youd probably have to find "100% pasture raised" eggs and im not sure if there are any. and even pasture raised eggs can be supplemented with minerals and additional feed. the term pasture raised is much less restrictive than grass fed. pasture raised is more about the chickens being given access to open pastures, than what theyre actually fed. whereas the 100% grass fed term means the cows were actually fed only grass.

even then im not sure how things work, can you "accidentally" leave a big pile of corn and soybeans out on the grass and if the cows happen to eat that are they still 100% grass fed if you didnt "intentionally" feed them that soy/corn?

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

where do you get these from? do you mean the eggs that say pasture raised?
yes with both eggs/cows, i know if a milk says "grass fed" it actually only means they have to be grass fed a minimum 30% of the year. you have to look for a "100% grass fed" on the label to be assured theyre grass fed.
vaccine status is rarely or never mentioned on milk and egg products.
im not sure of eggs but i think 'pasture raised' and 'raw honey' are similar unregulated terms. many pasture raised eggs are actually still fed corn/soy/grains. youd probably have to find "100% pasture raised" eggs and im not sure if there are any. and even pasture raised eggs can be supplemented with minerals and additional feed. the term pasture raised is much less restrictive than grass fed. pasture raised is more about the chickens being given access to open pastures, than what theyre actually fed. whereas the 100% grass fed term means the cows were actually fed only grass.

even then im not sure how things work, can you "accidentally" leave a big pile of corn and soybeans out on the grass and if the cows happen to eat that are they still 100% grass fed if you didnt "intentionally" feed them that soy/corn?
I read somewhere that some big egg sellers simply cut a small square in front of the chicken's cage so they see the grass, and call their chickens free-ranging chickens.

Dr. B

I read somewhere that some big egg sellers simply cut a small square in front of the chicken's cage so they see the grass, and call their chickens free-ranging chickens.
yeah mate these loopholes are crazy, im wondering what loopholes exist with cows. it seems like there's not much, since if you go to any grocery store or smaller health store, there's barely any milks labelled as "grass fed" and there's even less milks labelled 100% grass fed. so it seems hard enough to do.
the usda organic label, doesnt guarantee the product is safe or good, as even carrageenan is considered organic and probably most vaccines. but the organic label does apparently guarantee the animals/land is pesticide, hormone, gmo and antibiotic free. so you can at least get some sort of assurance and value to paying the higher price. organic animals can still be given organic corn/soybean etc too if its organic and non gmo. so the usda organic label is probably much more valuable than the grass fed or pasture raised, or even raw honey statements on the label. there's all kinds of crazy things used to obtain and produce honey; the usda organic label is hard to get for honey, so it's the same thing there, the organic label is much more important than the "raw honey" label which probably anyone can slap on the label as long as they dont process the honey extensively.

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

yeah mate these loopholes are crazy, im wondering what loopholes exist with cows. it seems like there's not much, since if you go to any grocery store or smaller health store, there's barely any milks labelled as "grass fed" and there's even less milks labelled 100% grass fed. so it seems hard enough to do.
the usda organic label, doesnt guarantee the product is safe or good, as even carrageenan is considered organic and probably most vaccines. but the organic label does apparently guarantee the animals/land is pesticide, hormone, gmo and antibiotic free. so you can at least get some sort of assurance and value to paying the higher price. organic animals can still be given organic corn/soybean etc too if its organic and non gmo. so the usda organic label is probably much more valuable than the grass fed or pasture raised, or even raw honey statements on the label. there's all kinds of crazy things used to obtain and produce honey; the usda organic label is hard to get for honey, so it's the same thing there, the organic label is much more important than the "raw honey" label which probably anyone can slap on the label as long as they dont process the honey extensively.
And that's the truth.

schultz

This is true from what I can tell. There was a duck farm across the street from me. The eggs from these ducks were packaged as free range duck eggs. The ducks were allowed outside in these fenced areas. They would actually go out but I don't think there was any grass anymore because there would be like 50-100 ducks in each outdoor area lol. Usually they went outside in the early morning or close to sunset, so if I was outside at this time I would hear lots of quacking. It wasn't too loud or anything and was kind of like white noise after a while.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals