Which habit/supplement/routine has increased the quality and speed of your hair growth the most?

L_C

I agree with what you have said here. I do believe that purity would be the biggest con, just as much as the concern in supplementing vitamin C. To disregard the pros of MSM, and vitamin C, is like like “throwing the baby out with the bath water. I have experienced negatives with the wrong brand of MSM and have had amazing results from a good brand. I took it for years and years and it never bloated me up at all. It has to be the cancer factor, her unusual large amounts and probably the impurities in the wrong brand. Admittedly when I first heard of MSM and transformed all my friends and family’s ails with it, it was never problematic for any of us. Since that brand is long gone, I have had difficulties with other brands. I am currently experimenting with this one, and the jury is still out on it.
I like this brand: msm-msm.com (PC networx). You can even ask for COA and they will be happy to provide it to you.

David PS

Good find. Strange combination - you have to wonder how people stumbled on that interaction lol. I’ve got powdered MSM so I might look for Kombucha tea and make a topical spray (along with biotin, caffeine, niacinamide, methylene blue, progesterone, T3 and T4). Thanks.
Kombucha tea is the main actor here. I thinking it changes the microbiome on the surface of the scalp. High-end spas use Kombucha on skin. Applying it to the scalp is not very much of leap. the surprising thing is that it changed hair growth.

Vins7

El té de Kombucha es el actor principal aquí. Creo que cambia el microbioma en la superficie del cuero cabelludo. Los spas de alta gama usan Kombucha en la piel. Aplicarlo en el cuero cabelludo no es mucho de salto. lo sorprendente es que cambió el crecimiento del cabello.
Did you try It?

David PS

OP
G

golder

Kombucha tea is the main actor here. I thinking it changes the microbiome on the surface of the scalp. High-end spas use Kombucha on skin. Applying it to the scalp is not very much of leap. the surprising thing is that it changed hair growth.
I didn’t know this context around spas/skincare at all so that now makes more sense, thanks.
No, I have not tried it. I am thinking about trying it after my holidays in about 10 ten days. It takes several days for Kombucha tea to change the gut microbiome and I expect the same for the scalp microbiome.

View: https://medium.com/microbiome/does-kombucha-change-my-microbiome-8817eb60a43
How do you think you will go about trying this? Dose/application/dilution/soaking time before washing off/ratio of MSM to kombucha tea etc? I know it’s not an exact science and untested but I’m just curious to your approach.

David PS

I didn’t know this context around spas/skincare at all so that now makes more sense, thanks.

How do you think you will go about trying this? Dose/application/dilution/soaking time before washing off/ratio of MSM to kombucha tea etc? I know it’s not an exact science and untested but I’m just curious to your approach.
I try not to soap on my hair often. Only once or twice aweek. I have done that for about 2 years. I use a very mild soap and I never use commerical shampoos or conditioners. The idea was to keep the chemicals off of my scalp.

I am thinking that I will continue with my current routine and add a kombucha rinse and scrub each day to reinoculate the scalp. I will let it sit on my hair much like a conditioner and then gently rinse. I am not going to use MSM. These are just my initial thoughts.

LadyRae

10mg of iron per capsule and Silicon Dioxide in the excipients. Definitely avoiding this irrespective of reviews.
It doesn't work anyway. I used this about 10 years ago before I knew anything about the dangers of iron supplementation, or silicone dioxide...

yerrag

That one, if it is the one Dr. Neer sells, is the one I have used for two years now with no problems.
Dr. Neer doesn't sell a bad product, he however hypes it so. He would say his is genuine and not adulterated just because it clumps up, and he would hire hicks to be his customer support hotline, so anything stupid thing they say can be chalked up to their southern AppalachIan humble upbringing. He has two videos that are available in YouTube where he draws one to another, and lead you to a third video that cannot be found. This is done by intention, and when I call the hotline about the third video, a hick would pretend he doesn't know what I'm talking about. All this is to lead us to think Neer is genuine po' folk who's God-fearing.

He sells a product that clumps because it is not particularly processed, this saves him the trouble of having the product look clean and nice, and really it's nothung special but just pure, which really isn't hard to come by if you don't mix it with excipients to make it silky smooth or processable enough to be easy to put into capsules. He implies all other products that aren't clumpy aren't pure, and so he gets to sell his product at a very high price because he does a great marketing spiel.

I instead buy Happybody brand, which is also sold on Amazon. And Happybody cuts thru the chase and tells it as it is. They sell a similar product at a lesser price. If you check the questions asked of it, and compare to how Neer's people reply to questions, you can see the difference in what obfuscation is and isn't.

My experience with HappyBody's product has been good. After using it for 2 weeks at 2 tsp each day and stopping, I would see my friar's pate disappear and be covered in hair. I noticed this 2 weeks after I stopped.

Dr. Neer does know what he's talking about though and I give him props for selling a generic product at a premium price and he is a great showman and marketer. There are worse things than selling a good product at a high price with great marketing.

OP
G

golder

Not working out, not stressing. Weightlifting was very bad for my hair.
Completely agree. Although once you are more metabolically healthy, I think that moderate training, incorporating novelty and not training anywhere near failure will more than likely aid hair growth rather than hinder it.

Dave Clark

Dr. Neer doesn't sell a bad product, he however hypes it so. He would say his is genuine and not adulterated just because it clumps up, and he would hire hicks to be his customer support hotline, so anything stupid thing they say can be chalked up to their southern AppalachIan humble upbringing. He has two videos that are available in YouTube where he draws one to another, and lead you to a third video that cannot be found. This is done by intention, and when I call the hotline about the third video, a hick would pretend he doesn't know what I'm talking about. All this is to lead us to think Neer is genuine po' folk who's God-fearing.

He sells a product that clumps because it is not particularly processed, this saves him the trouble of having the product look clean and nice, and really it's nothung special but just pure, which really isn't hard to come by if you don't mix it with excipients to make it silky smooth or processable enough to be easy to put into capsules. He implies all other products that aren't clumpy aren't pure, and so he gets to sell his product at a very high price because he does a great marketing spiel.

I instead buy Happybody brand, which is also sold on Amazon. And Happybody cuts thru the chase and tells it as it is. They sell a similar product at a lesser price. If you check the questions asked of it, and compare to how Neer's people reply to questions, you can see the difference in what obfuscation is and isn't.

My experience with HappyBody's product has been good. After using it for 2 weeks at 2 tsp each day and stopping, I would see my friar's pate disappear and be covered in hair. I noticed this 2 weeks after I stopped.

Dr. Neer does know what he's talking about though and I give him props for selling a generic product at a premium price and he is a great showman and marketer. There are worse things than selling a good product at a high price with great marketing.
Yeah, he always addresses himself as a 'health and wellness expert', which I get a good laugh at, and it sounds funny as well with his southern accent. He promotes the alkaline water pretty heavy, and I have seen him promote fish oils in videos, so the expert part is dubious to me. I have empathy for his story of being a dentist who has been Hg poisoned, so I suppose I could relate to that having been through that as well. I know from communicating with him that is is using the NBMI for Hg detox. I have had mixed results talking to Ron or his people, they don't win any awards for communication.
I mostly use his product because it 'seems' pure, it doesn't give me any issues, but I have not dug deep into finding a product of similar quality at a better price.
I will check out the brand you talked about.

MarcelZD

Completely agree. Although once you are more metabolically healthy, I think that moderate training, incorporating novelty and not training anywhere near failure will more than likely aid hair growth rather than hinder it.
Yes, I haven't noticed the same negative effects from hiking, sprints and bodyweight exercises here and there. But as soon as I come back to heavy squats and bench presses my hair suffers.

Very unfortunate because I used to like doing those.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals