Which habit/supplement/routine has increased the quality and speed of your hair growth the most?

OP
G

golder

I started taking 15 mg of zinc picolinate regularly in the spring and noticed my hair and nails started growing faster. I’m now taking a break from it so it will be interesting to see what happens.
Nice to hear that, double wammy of lowering prolactin and increased immunity as well. Any reason you’re specifically stopping or just a general supplement hiatus (I often do that too!)

L_C

MSM is the absolute best for my hair growth. No amount of liver, zinc speeds up my hair growth more than sulfur.

davvid_1

for me its been Selenium & consistent protein intake (mix of whey powder and collagen). Did a mineralLabs nail test and it showed low selenium. still shed during the day but the shedding in the shower has gone down to ~ 10 hairs. in the past its been like > 200

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Nice to hear that, double wammy of lowering prolactin and increased immunity as well. Any reason you’re specifically stopping or just a general supplement hiatus (I often do that too!)
I’ve had some low blood pressure and sodium issues after a couple fresh vax shedding exposures and I read zinc can lower sodium so I thought it would be worth testing it out to see if it helps.

Ben.

Do you eat foods high in these or take these supplementally?
Most potassium supplements are really under dosed and boron seems dosed quite high.
I’m thinking coconut water and raisins should cover these bases?

Don't notice much from potassium rich foods. Altough i did not try to eat them in big amounts (and i dont want to).

I also think absoption/utilization is just better dissolved in water on an empty stomache.
Not sure why these help me. Minerals and trace elements seem to be something that are not working correctly or something and thats why i respond to it. Someone else might find more help with certain amino acids or something along thoose lines. I guess finding whats missing in the individual is the way to go.

Dave Clark

Nice, I’ve not heard of MSM relating to hair growth, I wonder via what mechanism. Rays slightly strange anecdote at 35:42 really put me off MSM:

View: https://youtu.be/dpNBRvNC488

You really have to consider the unique situation of this person with cancer, who was also taking 'large' doses that Ray did not disclose. It seems very reasonable to assume there were some anaerobic dysbiosis reactions going on. Compare this one anecdotal report to the many thousands of positive reports that come from people using organic sulfur. Plus, there are people who have mast cell activation responses and can not use anything that is high in sulfur. Maybe due to her cancer and declining health, she was compromised and could not metabolize the sulfur. Ray sometimes does not tell both sides of the story, mostly because his paradigm is mostly anti-supplement, so he focuses on the few bad reports. Try organic sulfur for yourself and decide, but don't decide on one of Ray's fireside supplement stories that happened 40 years ago.

You really have to consider the unique situation of this person with cancer, who was also taking 'large' doses that Ray did not disclose. It seems very reasonable to assume there were some anaerobic dysbiosis reactions going on. Compare this one anecdotal report to the many thousands of positive reports that come from people using organic sulfur. Plus, there are people who have mast cell activation responses and can not use anything that is high in sulfur. Maybe due to her cancer and declining health, she was compromised and could not metabolize the sulfur. Ray sometimes does not tell both sides of the story, mostly because his paradigm is mostly anti-supplement, so he focuses on the few bad reports. Try organic sulfur for yourself and decide, but don't decide on one of Ray's fireside supplement stories that happened 40 years ago.
I agree with what you have said here. I do believe that purity would be the biggest con, just as much as the concern in supplementing vitamin C. To disregard the pros of MSM, and vitamin C, is like like “throwing the baby out with the bath water. I have experienced negatives with the wrong brand of MSM and have had amazing results from a good brand. I took it for years and years and it never bloated me up at all. It has to be the cancer factor, her unusual large amounts and probably the impurities in the wrong brand. Admittedly when I first heard of MSM and transformed all my friends and family’s ails with it, it was never problematic for any of us. Since that brand is long gone, I have had difficulties with other brands. I am currently experimenting with this one, and the jury is still out on it.

Attachments

• 85A2B93D-D6FC-4986-B7F7-B5A094FA0035.jpeg
    85A2B93D-D6FC-4986-B7F7-B5A094FA0035.jpeg
    424.4 KB · Views: 21

David PS

It looks like MSM with Topical Kombucha tea extracts is the way to go.

Evaluation of hair growth properties of Topical Kombucha tea extracts

Results showed signifcantly better hair density and length in groups treated with kombucha black tea with and without MSM, followed by kombucha chamomile tea with and without MSM respectively. In addition, it has been found that MSM promotes hair growth signifcantly when combined with kombucha ferments. Microbiological analysis indicated the presence of Zygosaccharomyces bailii and Acetobacter genus in the tea broth. Black tea kombucha with MSM can be used as a natural alternative therapy for hair fall and a cost-efective treatment with fewer side efects compared to the synthetic drugs

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
10mg of iron per capsule and Silicon Dioxide in the excipients. Definitely avoiding this irrespective of reviews.
Where did you see listed that each capsule has 10mg iron?

Attachments

• EF4665B9-0E05-45BB-B0A0-A73522B35E1F.png
    EF4665B9-0E05-45BB-B0A0-A73522B35E1F.png
    160.6 KB · Views: 26
OP
G

golder

It was the first Amazon result for me. The ‘maximum strength’ one:

Attachments

• 401368FE-B1BC-4BF5-B0E3-0EDD8E3FA4A1.jpeg
    401368FE-B1BC-4BF5-B0E3-0EDD8E3FA4A1.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 27

Dave Clark

I agree with what you have said here. I do believe that purity would be the biggest con, just as much as the concern in supplementing vitamin C. To disregard the pros of MSM, and vitamin C, is like like “throwing the baby out with the bath water. I have experienced negatives with the wrong brand of MSM and have had amazing results from a good brand. I took it for years and years and it never bloated me up at all. It has to be the cancer factor, her unusual large amounts and probably the impurities in the wrong brand. Admittedly when I first heard of MSM and transformed all my friends and family’s ails with it, it was never problematic for any of us. Since that brand is long gone, I have had difficulties with other brands. I am currently experimenting with this one, and the jury is still out on it.
That one, if it is the one Dr. Neer sells, is the one I have used for two years now with no problems.

Vins7

How can MSM improve hair density/quality?

I read someone un this forum who claimed to have seen a significant difference in the density of his hair after fixing some basic things like lots of sunlight and high calcium intakes with lots of dairy.

How can MSM improve hair density/quality?

I read someone un this forum who claimed to have seen a significant difference in the density of his hair after fixing some basic things like lots of sunlight and high calcium intakes with lots of dairy.
My friend says she saw a noticeable improvement in her hair right away taking MSM, but I haven’t taken it regularly enough lately to have an opinion.

OP
G

golder

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals