Which ginseng brand or type is the best

Lostguy24

Was wondering which brand of ginseng is the least stimulating while being energizing Beacuse over year ago I tried some but may have been a little too strong for me and I was wondering if there was something that was gentle but works

meatbag

Was wondering which brand of ginseng is the least stimulating while being energizing Beacuse over year ago I tried some but may have been a little too strong for me and I was wondering if there was something that was gentle but works
I'd probably try this personally; American Ginseng

meatbag

Will it make you feel stimulated and is it a serotonin antagonist as regular ginseng
I haven't used ginseng personally. I like vitamin b1 for feeling relaxed but energized to read and study, I think because it increases systemic carbon dioxide;Vitamin B1 Powder Thiamine HCl USP Grade
Thiamine Is A Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitor As Effective As Acetazolamide
High-dose Thiamine Reverses Fatigue In MS

Ray Peat had mentioned that he and others would take some thiamine hcl and read a whole textbook the night before a test and get the highest score in the class haha

OP
L

Lostguy24

I haven't used ginseng personally. I like vitamin b1 for feeling relaxed but energized to read and study, I think because it increases systemic carbon dioxide;Vitamin B1 Powder Thiamine HCl USP Grade

Ray Peat had mentioned that he and others would take some thiamine hcl and read a whole textbook the night before a test and get the highest score in the class hah

Ray Peat had mentioned that he and others would take some thiamine hcl and read a whole textbook the night before a test and get the highest score in the class haha
I’ve tried thiamine before but I stopped using it and took some recently and why are you recommending me something if you haven’t personally used it yourself

Last edited:

meatbag

I’ve tried thiamine before but I stopped using it and took some recently and why are you recommending me something if you haven’t personally used it yourself
I said "that is what I would try personally"

I brought up thiamine because I think it would be more effective than ginseng for what it seems you're looking for based on your initial post. If you tried thiamine HCL and didn't get the results you're looking for, than I apologize for bringing it up.

meatbag

I found this statement, I thought it may interest you;
"RP: There are several levels that they work at. Some of them are boosting the steroids, like ginseng has androgenic steroid materials in it that actually support our natural hormones, like pregnenolone and DHEA are the body's adaptogens and so things that work with them are simply supporting our bodies’ stabilizing effect. There are two kinds of adaptation. One, the emergency system that pours out cortisol and all of the stress-related steroids and other hormones, [that] these powerfully help you survive an immediate threat — a matter of minutes, seconds, and hours — but then they become counter productive and reduce your adaptability. If they aren’t backed up by increased energy production — which means: anything that supports mitochondrial stability and health and good thyroid function, and the ability to produce increased amounts of the stabilizing DHEA, pregnenolone, and progesterone… The basic long range adaptogen is this stable energy production keeping your mitochondria producing energy at a high rate and without producing toxic side effects. An emergency activation with adrenaline tends to produce lots of free radical side effects, but the proper high energy production running on the basis of thyroid activity are actually wasting energy in that sense that you’re producing a tremendous amount of heat, but that use of oxygen to produce energy is actually reducing the toxic side effects, so becoming an inefficient machine that operates at a high temperature and seeming to waste energy, that's actually the proper route to long-range adaptability. You assimilate and overcome by changing the nature of the threat and the stress, rather than being forced to change your body's structure or behavior by the cortisol, a huge stress drought. Probably the single most important factor in staying on this route of long-range protective adaptability is the production of carbon dioxide [CO2] and the ability to suppress lactic acid formation that the acute stress — if you lack adaptability — pours out a lot of lactic acid with lots of bad consequences in the long run. The ability to make carbon dioxide by running your mitochondria at high energy and what way that is protected, is that they are generating carbon dioxide which suppresses the free radicals and keeps lactic acid under control — keeps the whole system in an oxidizing state. The reducing or a pseudo hypoxic state is a destructive stress state that everything should be geared towards getting over."
-2020.06.10 : Jodellefit : Dr Ray Peat Q&A - Weight Loss, Stretch Marks, Hydrogen, Negative Ions

miquelangeles

I like the Geum Hong red korean ginseng, it is 6 years old.
Ginseng roots used as raw materials should conform to the “Ginseng Industrial Act” and should be aged more than 4 years.

OP
L

Lostguy24

I said "that is what I would try personally"

I brought up thiamine because I think it would be more effective than ginseng for what it seems you're looking for based on your initial post. If you tried thiamine HCL and didn't get the results you're looking for, than I apologize for bringing it up.
I was just asking need to be safe about this but I think American ginseng seems safe or safer but I should exercise caution

meatbag

I was just asking need to be safe about this but I think American ginseng seems safe or safer but I should exercise caution
Yes, I think it's good to cautious. The "precautionary principle" I think is what they call it. If you decide to try it please let everyone know how it goes.

OP
L

Lostguy24

Yes, I think it's good to cautious. The "precautionary principle" I think is what they call it. If you decide to try it please let everyone know how it goes.
Maybe it’ll go better than the last time I tried and I’ll probably try taking thiamine which recently I had a bad time with but I think it could be something else

meatbag

Maybe it’ll go better than the last time I tried and I’ll probably try taking thiamine which recently I had a bad time with but I think it could be something else
I know that there are a lot of different brands and types. Awhile back I thought I was buying and using thiamine HCL but it turned out to be the mononitrate form, which isn't good. Here;s the product I've been using recently and getting good effects from; Vitamin B1 Powder Thiamine HCl USP Grade

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals