Which food or supps contain opioid antagonists?

dukesbobby777

Just eating food that aren’t opioid agonists is the best approach. So that might mean not eating gluten or dairy.

Birdie

You can find lists by doing a search, but I guess you want to discuss this or maybe make a point that some of the foods we are eating contain opiod antagonists. I don't know if Ray has talked about this association.

I use Low Dose Naltrexone so your question caught my eye and it's something I haven't thought about before seeing it. However, I've got a lot going right now, so will pass. Interesting though.

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

I want to continue consume skim cows milk but i don't trust beta-casomorphin7 (BCM7) in it... an opioid agonist.
The only A2 milk i can find here is high fat, also goats milk, so i want to consume low fat meals... i do not have any choice.

Then i was thinking.... throw some opioid antagonists in my diet.
But the only source i know that has opioid antagonists is coffee....

I want to continue consume skim cows milk but i don't trust beta-casomorphin7 (BCM7) in it... an opioid agonist.
The only A2 milk i can find here is high fat, also goats milk, so i want to consume low fat meals... i do not have any choice.

I am on that same fence Green. I am not feeling good about the quality of skim milk with the added vitamin A, but don't want to drink lots of whole milk. Hmmmm?

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

I am on that same fence Green. I am not feeling good about the quality of skim milk with the added vitamin A, but don't want to drink lots of whole milk. Hmmmm?
Did you know ray consume 2000mg caffeine a day?

Attachments

• rp drinks 2000mg caffeine a day with coffee in milk.png
    rp drinks 2000mg caffeine a day with coffee in milk.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 34
OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

That much would also help to control the histamines in the large amounts of orange juice too. Caffeine, sugar and salt are natural antihistamines.
I think also that with this dosage of caffeine I no longer feel histamine symptoms..... because I'll be dead then. :tearsofjoy:

PaRa

That much would also help to control the histamines in the large amounts of orange juice too. Caffeine, sugar and salt are natural antihistamines.
More like nuking histamine than just controlling

While histamine is so important tho...

More like nuking histamine than just controlling

While histamine is so important tho...
Ha! You are right PaRa, histamines is a large part of our immune system, but too much of them piling up is a huge issue for many many peaople.

PaRa

not only immune system...
digestion, libido, cognition, drive, competitiveness, blood flow

Devan

I take low dose naltrexone which is a opiate antagonist and it has been a game changer for me so anything to help it work better I am interested in knowing about and implementing. I do not eat dairy or gluten anymore because I found they make the LDN therapy not as effective and honestly have always just made me feel worse and inflamed anyway.

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

I take low dose naltrexone which is a opiate antagonist and it has been a game changer for me so anything to help it work better I am interested in knowing about and implementing. I do not eat dairy or gluten anymore because I found they make the LDN therapy not as effective and honestly have always just made me feel worse and inflamed anyway.
Do you get naltrexone from your doctor? if so for what reason gave he it to you?

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

@haidut is saying in this podcast:
" studies found that casein acts on the opioid receptors in the brain there are multiple ones but it seems to be a mixed agonist antagonist
But its overall effect seems to be similar to the drug naltrexone . So i guess basically getting an anti Opioids and anti endorphin effect and that's really
a powerful anti stress mechanism"

So opioids in cows milk (and increasing prolactin effect) is nothing to worry about? @haidut

Last edited: