Which Estrogen Test Is Needed?

redlight

Is it estradiol ultra sensitive (lab corp) would this be the correct test to get?

T

tobieagle

Is it estradiol ultra sensitive (lab corp) would this be the correct test to get?

Better get TSH, total cholesterol and prolactin measured.
It's a better indicator of estrogen status and thyroid function.

OP
R

redlight

interesting, I'm planning on getting these tests done on my next blood work
TSH, Free t3, Free T4, Total Testosterone, SHBG, E2, prolactin, DHT... need to figure out whats causing my hair loss

Vida

Better get TSH, total cholesterol and prolactin measured.
It's a better indicator of estrogen status and thyroid function.
In what way does these tests mentioned above show what you're estrogen status is? I understand that high TSH correlates with high estrogen because being hypothyroid, but the rest?

T

tobieagle

In what way does these tests mentioned above show what you're estrogen status is? I understand that high TSH correlates with high estrogen because being hypothyroid, but the rest?

Prolactin is a good indicator of the general estrogenic burden while estrogen tests don't necessarily reflect estrogen load in the various tissues.

"Prolactin (which is promoted by estrogen, and inhibited by progesterone) increases with stress and with age"
- Blocking Tissue Destruction

Danny Roddy also stated numerous times that almost all of his clients had high prolactin levels.

TSH together with total cholesterol are useful to evaluate thyroid function.
Both tend to be elevated in hypothyroidism.

Dante

interesting, I'm planning on getting these tests done on my next blood work
TSH, Free t3, Free T4, Total Testosterone, SHBG, E2, prolactin, DHT... need to figure out whats causing my hair loss
Haidut once told E1 and E1S to be better markers of tissue estrogen.
BTW I know people with twice the upper of normal range DHT and not experience hair loss while people in normal range to go completely bald.
I doubt serum androgens would be useful
Weren't you taking TRT if I remember correctly?

OP
R

redlight

I tried for around 10 years to get my Testosterone up naturally and nothing ever worked, I always needed some type of drug to get my testosterone up to normal.

OP
R

redlight

Lets say i have an imbalance in my T/E ratio, whats the best way to fix this? I know a lot of men who take arimidex for e2 but thats difficult to use.

Dante

i remember a post where haidut shot up his T levels beyond 1500 ng/ml as an experiment (upper limit was 850, lab couldn't measure how high it was) by using 2000 IU Vit E, zinc gluconate and branch chain amino acids. I think 5-7 mg of zinc would be safe per day along with a bit of tocovit. That would downregulate estrogen which puts a negative feed back on T by acting on hypothalamus but i guess you already know this. The work of T is also done by DHT. A lot of people have low-medium T but high DHT. What were your T levels anyways pre-TRT ?

Dante

Getting liver profile and SHBG would help also but on TRT these numbers would have changed. I am guessing you would have tried pro-androgenic vitamins like vit A, zinc etc

OP
R

redlight

yes i still take those.... my SHBG is usually mid range... i have got nearly every test imaginable at some point

OP
R

redlight

I got a fatty acid test about 5 years ago it showed my PUFA was high, actually above range it would be interesting to see a retest of that since i been eating for sometime now

Dante

It's strange that none of the pro-androgenic vitamins/minerals worked and every test came back positive. Considering My limited knowledge , can't come up with a problem leading to this. You can try the things haidut used to become a super saiyan.

OP
R

redlight

I should make this more clear.. My T is usually extremely inconsistent.... Its literally all over the place anywhere from 150 - 1000.... Which I'm on an energy roller coaster.... I can never stabilize it around 800-1000 which is where i feel best at

DaveFoster

I should make this more clear.. My T is usually extremely inconsistent.... Its literally all over the place anywhere from 150 - 1000.... Which I'm on an energy roller coaster.... I can never stabilize it around 800-1000 which is where i feel best at
Could be from erratic environmental stress, like a hard job, family, or something similar.

Have you tried keeping your mood up with supplements? Do you take vitamin E or drink coffee?

I didn't know that TRT failed to stabilize T; it might be getting turned to estrogen via aromatase.

Have you measured prolactin?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals