Which Co-factors For Vitamin D Supplementation?

ddjd

i've read that it's helpful to take Vitamin D alongside the other fat soluble vitamins - A + K2 mk4.

I also read that Taurine increases absorption of fat soluble vitamins in general.

Riboflavin-5-Phosphate (active form b2) is important for converting cholecalciferol into the active form of vitamin d in the body.

Apart from this, I'm guessing magnesium would also help.

So alongside daily vitamin D 2000 iu supplementation would this be an ideal combo?

Taurine
Magnesium
Vit A + K2 mk4
b2 r5p

baccheion

50-100 IU/kg/day is a better target. Serum is even better, targeting the 40-60 ng/mL 25(OH)D range and PTH near the lower end. Some strive to get 25(OH)D near the top of the range.

10 IU D3 : 40 IU A : 2 mcg+ MK-4. If vitamin D3 is the main thing, then it's 10 IU D3 : 4 IU A : 2 mcg+ MK-4.

Taurine is associated with increased bile flow.

Boron.

Vitamin D opposes/inhibits/uses-up vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin K, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, and zinc. Unsure about zinc (maybe due to VDR), but the other minerals are due to increased absorption of calcium.

Last edited:

BigChad

50-100 IU/kg/day is a better target. Serum is even better, targeting the 40-60 ng/mL 25(OH)D range and PTH near the lower end. Some strive to get 25(OH)D near the top of the range.

10 IU D3 : 40 IU A : 2 mcg+ MK-4. If vitamin D3 is the main thing, then it's 10 IU D3 : 4 IU A : 2 mcg+ MK-4.

Taurine is associated with increased bile flow.

Boron.

Vitamin D opposes/inhibits/uses-up vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin K, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, and zinc. Unsure about zinc (maybe due to VDR), but the other minerals are due to increased absorption of calcium.

so wouldnt vitamin D supplementation then create an electrolyte or vitamin/mineral imbalance? were we meant to be consuming vitamin D? I think only orally supplemented vitamin D uses up and inhibits those things right?

how much riboflavin would you need from supplements if you are supplementing 10,000Iu d3 a day. Would 4500Iu vitamin A be enough? 15mg MK4 three times a week, 1mg k1/1.5mg mk4/300mcg mk7 four times a week?

baccheion

so wouldnt vitamin D supplementation then create an electrolyte or vitamin/mineral imbalance? were we meant to be consuming vitamin D? I think only orally supplemented vitamin D uses up and inhibits those things right?

how much riboflavin would you need from supplements if you are supplementing 10,000Iu d3 a day. Would 4500Iu vitamin A be enough? 15mg MK4 three times a week, 1mg k1/1.5mg mk4/300mcg mk7 four times a week?
I'd imagine there isn't a need for an extraordinary dose. When in doubt, there are labs that check levels. The A : D ratios are in the post you quoted.

100 mcg MK-7 is enough for 10,000 IU D3. If D is the main thing, at most (10000/2.4) IU A for 10,000 IU D3. Otherwise, you'd want more A than D. By this theory/approach, 5,000 IU A goes with 12,000 IU D3.

BigChad

I'd imagine there isn't a need for an extraordinary dose. When in doubt, there are labs that check levels. The A : D ratios are in the post you quoted.

100 mcg MK-7 is enough for 10,000 IU D3. If D is the main thing, at most (10000/2.4) IU A for 10,000 IU D3. Otherwise, you'd want more A than D. By this theory/approach, 5,000 IU A goes with 12,000 IU D3.

regarding the vitamin K mentioned in your post, what happens if you use 15mg (15,000mcg) vitamin MK4 per 10,000 IU d3 instead of 2000mcg (2mg)? What is the function behind limiting the vitamin K, i thought MK4 can be dosed as high as you want and is very safe? Especially if you want to make your jawline/bone structure larger?
Vitamin Ds phosphorus lowering effects are seen as positive especially if you eat high phosphorus and high calcium iirc.
Do you have any insight as to how much of the b vitamins you would need for vitamin D. do those need to be increased on higher amounts of vitamin D

japanesedude

is there any problem of taking vit D and A at the same time?
I thought Its E and K,A and K that opposed to each other.

baccheion

regarding the vitamin K mentioned in your post, what happens if you use 15mg (15,000mcg) vitamin MK4 per 10,000 IU d3 instead of 2000mcg (2mg)? What is the function behind limiting the vitamin K, i thought MK4 can be dosed as high as you want and is very safe? Especially if you want to make your jawline/bone structure larger?
Vitamin Ds phosphorus lowering effects are seen as positive especially if you eat high phosphorus and high calcium iirc.
Do you have any insight as to how much of the b vitamins you would need for vitamin D. do those need to be increased on higher amounts of vitamin D
I shared the minimum amount of K2 per IU of D3. Unsure about the B vitamins, but it's just a regular B-complex.

BigChad

I shared the minimum amount of K2 per IU of D3. Unsure about the B vitamins, but it's just a regular B-complex.

could you advise on where you got this info. was it a website or your own experience?
I realize its the minimum but would there be an issue with doing something like 300mcg MK7, 4 times a week, as well as 10mcg MK4 per 10 IU D3?

BigChad

is there any problem of taking vit D and A at the same time?
I thought Its E and K,A and K that opposed to each other.

yes E and A can be taken together, and I think E boosts As absorption. D and K can be taken together, they don't boost each others absorption though iirc. A reduces D and K absorption, while D and K don't much reduce As absorption.

baccheion

could you advise on where you got this info. was it a website or your own experience?
I realize its the minimum but would there be an issue with doing something like 300mcg MK7, 4 times a week, as well as 10mcg MK4 per 10 IU D3?
I don't remember. Wasn't personal experience. I remember researching to find out how much K2 was needed, then eventually settling on what I mentioned above.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals