Where Was "Energy, Structure, And Carbon Dioxide" Originally Published? Need Citation

kookaburra

Hi folks,

I'm writing a paper and using a quote from Energy, structure, and carbon dioxide: A realistic view of the organism, but I'm not sure how to cite it. You can find this article on the web (though not on Peat's website) but I'm not about to cite functionalalps.com in an academic text. Was this article from one of Peat's books? I'd like to know so I can reference it properly.

Thanks,
-k

loess

Just a guess, but it's possible that the article was originally published in one of Dr. Peat's newsletters at some point. The earliest evidence of it on the web appears to be from 2004:
Energy, structure, and carbon dioxide: A realistic view of the organism

Why are you hesitant to cite the Functional Performance Systems address? Rob's blog on there is a wealth of well-organized information and itself full of proper citations. He also hasn't altered the infrastructure in years, so it's a good bet that the article will remain at that url for the foreseeable future.

OP
K

kookaburra

Hm, I was worried it might have been a newsletter.. I have nothing at all against Rob, I think his website is great. I'm just trying to appease the academic establishment and it's conservative notion that only certain sources of information are permissible. i.e. books or journals. Articles on websites are generally frowned upon, although I would risk it if it were from Peat's own website.